Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very simple figure, yet it still looks amazing with your custom head and paint job.

I dont know if I speak for myself, but I would love to see your workspace

Thanks about Anakin guys. Fingers crossed, this is a biggy for me letting this one go.

I dont know if I speak for myself, but I would love to see your workspace

here's some pics of my desk i have...

desk9-1.jpg

getting a delivery of some head casts...

1.jpg

painting stuff....

progress1.jpg

stage6.jpg

forref.jpg

And Les, lol, the only people I'm worried about keeping waiting for the Faramirs are the people who have paid me to paint them! :lol

In the last few weeks I've lost my painting ability :( ... Jane reckons it's 'cause I'm still quietly struggling with losing my Dad in front of me. I dunno, maybe she's right.

Either way I can't paint... can't concentrate.... oh and yeah, I need new brushes, lol

So before I ruin the work I've already done, I started work on the Ripley sculpt.... i seem to be able to concentrate on that a bit easier for some reason. Anyway... I'm still working... just holding off till I can paint again

but it's all work... I just hate keeping people (not Captain Faramir lol) waiting for their stuff :eek:

Thanks for posting the pics Darren!

Just take it easy, the people on these boards are very understanding.

. . .but it's all work... I just hate keeping people (not Captain Faramir lol) waiting for their stuff :eek:

And please remember, I only demand in jest. I know how massively overwhelming it is to keep up with dozens of orders, and I have no expectations beyond those which are in your ability and desire to compete. Please forgive my anticipation; knowing your work makes it so hard to wait and see what the results will be! But really, feel free to ignore my glee. I'm just excited to see it is all. No rush; take all the time in the world. I know you need it.

Captain! Don't worry at all, I know your enthusiasm comes from a good place, and I know you don't REALLY expect me to hurry along for you :lol it's all good :rock (or rather it will be when I can paint again.... lol)

darren, good luck with anakin. legolas should have gone for a lot more - it was an amazing figure - it's this crazy pound that's ruining things. if only foreigners didn't like the queen's head so much, we'd be in a better situation. i would have bought it myself for more if i didn't have you making me one already.

i could try asking hayden christensen if he wants the anakin fig - i'm sure he would, it looks exactly like him. maybe the next time i see him at a wooden actors anonymous meeting.

and don't worry about the painting - it'll come back. i imagine painting is like martial arts. it flows from you like water, without thought or intention. but when something gets in to disturb that natural flow, the only thing you can do is let it clear by itself in its own time. otherwise you'll stink and some fat kid will kick you in the jubjubs when you're not looking when you weren't even supposed to be sparring seriously.

and don't worry about the painting - it'll come back. i imagine painting is like martial arts. it flows from you like water, without thought or intention. but when something gets in to disturb that natural flow, the only thing you can do is let it clear by itself in its own time. otherwise you'll stink and some fat kid will kick you in the jubjubs when you're not looking when you weren't even supposed to be sparring seriously.

Very true.. I've been there myself Darren. It's something you can't force. It'll come back to you and with a vengeance. :rock

darren, good luck with anakin. legolas should have gone for a lot more - it was an amazing figure - it's this crazy pound that's ruining things. if only foreigners didn't like the queen's head so much, we'd be in a better situation. i would have bought it myself for more if i didn't have you making me one already.

i could try asking hayden christensen if he wants the anakin fig - i'm sure he would, it looks exactly like him. maybe the next time i see him at a wooden actors anonymous meeting.

:lol:lol:lol

I'm just glad these figures seem to be going to people who will really appreciate them, makes me feel much better about letting them go. (and of course when I'm in the middle of my honeymoon visiting the landscapes and people of america... I'm sure I won't regret it one bit) :rock

As for painting.... I bought some new brushes over the weekend, and I can already feel myself wanting to get back to the Faramirs. I reckon I'll be painting again monday morning :cool:

Anakin sold.... and next?

ANAKINSOLD.jpg

Well, as I said in my blog... A huge thanks to everyone who was watching or who was bidding, you've helped a huge amount with my honeymoon-fund-raising. Selling this figure will pay for a few hundred miles driven across America... so thanks!

The figure will soon be flying it's way to it's happy new owner here in the UK. Thanks!

and the next figure?

........I'll tell you next time :monkey3

Darren

Congrats, what was the selling price? Glad it'll help you guys get a few hundred miles for your honeymoon!

wow! looks like it went for £199.99. that's a good price, glad the auction went so well for you, darren. the honeymoon is getting ever closer. want to take me with you???

congrats darren!!too sad i failed bidding this figure...:monkey2

Back