Darkstalker Morrigan by Jerry Macaluso

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Jerry posted in statue forums:

Its black spandex on her body with some fine fake fur for the feathers.

I tried EVERYTHING for the feathers and this was the best solution. We did a mockup with actual small individual fake feathers but trying to QC that in China was not going to be a fun time plus the cost would go up about $50 statue.

Eye paint came out really nice. My friend Alexi Bustamante , who has worked for me since I started SOTA, painted them. Mike Najera did a great job on painting the rest of her.

Once Sideshow posts her up Ill show some pics of her with her eyes to the left as was originally painted.

Shes scheduled to ship from China end of October so theoretically she will be in your hands end of November/early December. Just slightly ahead of the next Street Fighter statue which I am furiously working on to have ready for SDCC !

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl really ok sure!!!!! Dont hate cause i know more crap then you!!

:lol Think what you want to think buddy.

You don't know half of what I do when it comes to programs. Should I remind you about when you asked me what program I used to make animated .gifs?

:rotfl

Jerry, I got to be honest here, man. Maybe it's just the photo angle...but I don't think the eyes could've been done better. They're almost TOO anime-ish and borderline cute...I've always thought of Morrigan as the "sexy vampire chick" from Darkstalkers...not the cute one (that's Felicia).

Just an opinion

I did a quick photoshop, narrowing the eyes

PHOTOSHOP.
l198956dc777fec43fe364bvo4.jpg

ORIGINAL

Jerry, I got to be honest here, man. Maybe it's just the photo angle...but I don't think the eyes could've been done better. They're almost TOO anime-ish and borderline cute...I've always thought of Morrigan as the "sexy vampire chick" from Darkstalkers...not the cute one (that's Felicia).

Just an opinion

PHOTOSHOP.

ORIGINAL

I hear you and Im sure this is going to come up a lot. Ive always felt that while she's sexy , she's balanced with a cute innocence. I didnt want to go for the 'vixen' look.

I had the eyes painted a couple different ways and this was what I saw in my head.

Its definately not going to be what everyone thinks Morrigans personality is but it captures her for me.

Its a tough call. Im certainly open to critique.

Well Jerry, I am still looking forward to seeing the rest of the painted piece! Your sculpt is certainly fantastic!

Any plans for a KEN MASTERS statue? I'm sure if you're not doing one now that he's certainly on "the list".

Well Jerry, I am still looking forward to seeing the rest of the painted piece! Your sculpt is certainly fantastic!

Any plans for a KEN MASTERS statue? I'm sure if you're not doing one now that he's certainly on "the list".

Hes definately on the list...theres too many on the list !

Ive avoided him because other than the face its basically sculpting Ryu all over again and thats not so much fun. I may have someone else sculpt Ken while I focus on a different body type.

I get bored easily.

And thanks for the comments on the eyes...I appreciate all constructive criticism.

please don't have someone else sculpt Ken. I like consistency. You can have someone else sculpt the girls but not the guys, except Vega he turned out really really good.

Last edited:
I agree with TOE you should Sculpt him!! you did a fantastic job with RYU. If you get bored easily then leave him for some other time! we wont die with out a Ken. Im cool if we get him next year even at the end of the year no hurry.

And on the eyes. i have to agree that cute innocence thing is the way to go. its a nice balance from the already sexy sculpt.

Just an opinion

PHOTOSHOP.

Thats what i thought as well. Her eyes are a little too innocent animeish. Thats more so lilith's forte. I kinda like what you did with PS.

I wish she had her feathers, plastic or not.

A barely got a order in.

I wonder how long it will take until we see some PO scalper have this up on eBay tonight.

What do you mean? Both the regular and exclusive are both still available...

Yeah I know. But at the time the whole site was lagging badly. I didn't think I was even going to get a order in, thus miss out. I seriously thought the site was going into meltdown mode ;)

Back