DarkSide Collectibles : Batman Returns - Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) 1:4 & 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a definite purchase.

h6OP36H.jpg
Gorgeous. I’d be down for a 1/4th. Now show me that sweet unmasked sculpt!!!

Okay. That's some QS level likeness right there. Way better than TweeterHead's version from this angle. Even though the body is a bit stylized, the TH's aren't exactly that accurate either to MP. 1/4 here we go!

I was going to get TH 1/4 Catwoman but after seeing this I'm having second thoughts... I love Tweeterhead's one because the laying down pose but this one has an extra head and it looks amazing...

What to do??? Thoughts guys?

E.

I was going to get TH 1/4 Catwoman but after seeing this I'm having second thoughts... I love Tweeterhead's one because the laying down pose but this one has an extra head and it looks amazing...

What to do??? Thoughts guys?

E.
As they made so many, you can wait to see more pics of this darkside one as tweeterhead won't sell out any time soon. At the end of the day it's about which one you prefer, the likeness looks better on this one but we're only at proto stage

DarkSide Collectibles Studio said:
Photoshooting time! After a "cat's tricky" long waiting approval period our team is finally in the studio taking photos of the 1/4 & 1/3 Scale of our Catwoman/Michelle Pfeiffer (comes with 2 portraits/masked & unmasked) from Batman Returns! Stay tuned for the PO opening in the following 2 weeks.

Until then enjoy the best Michelle likeness and pose ever made!

Suprise! Surprise! Meow.... A lifesize bust will join Michelle's collection...silicone and rooted hair.

TM7i7NT.jpg

aq8PusT.jpg

yczLHfQ.jpg

TuxSJoR.jpg

Bs8dz98.jpg

DgZcBqP.jpg

Comparison to the Prime 1 and Blitzway piece.

VjnYLtE.jpg

I actually like the pose on DarkSide's better - the twist on P1BW's seems a bit affected. Better here than on Sideshow's Mandalorian, I guess.

The base on DS's looks quite lackluster compared to that of P1BW's.

Now, the head sculpts. Yeah, the biggest selling point on DS's is the unmasked head... and it does look rough when seen on its own, rather older than she was, but... it seems to work on the statue? The masked sculpt on it, while also the usual DarkSide fare, does look good, too. It actually reminds me a lot of the film poster.

Now, the head on P1BW's looks more lifelike and there's no question that's Pfeiffer's smirk, but here's the thing. We know what to expect from both those companies by now - DarkSide's production piece will probably look very close to what we're seeing now, whereas I'm not near as confident when it comes to P1BW.

Alas, why they did have to look so similar?

Alas, why they did have to look so similar?
my guess is P1 is very confident in having an amazing sculpt plus a more detailed suit than DSC so the idea is crushing/annoying the competition by taking their design concept and tweaking it a little bit so no one will go with DSC in the end just bc they like their pose better.

Definitely prefer the pose on the DS version. Not a fan of P1's twist (in the torso or the head), feels less confrontational and more playful. DS also has a more focused expression.

Where P1 excels is the execution of the suit. The fine wrinkles, the areas where the stitching comes apart, the difference in texture/finish between the corset and the other elements, it's leagues ahead of DS.

Bit of a shame. There's a lot right with DS' concept, but from a technical standpoint, it looks like it could've come out eight years ago.

Tough call as I love everything about p1, but the ds heads are far better IMO

What is more important, head or everything else? Including base lol

They’re both nice, but i prefer Darkside. If the unmasked version comes with the 1/4th edition, I’ll get one.

Back