Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They got the measurements wrong. If Darkseid's base were 14" then he'd be about 29". They either got the width of the base wrong, or the height of the whole statue.

They got the measurements wrong. If Darkseid's base were 14" then he'd be about 29". They either got the width of the base wrong, or the height of the whole statue.

Hmmm.. I believe the width of 14" that is stated is not just of the base, but the maximum width dimension of the statue, which would be measured from the fingertips of his outstretched hand, (which looks like it hangs out over past the base), to the end of the base behind him.

Hmmm.. I believe the width of 14" that is stated is not just of the base, but the maximum width dimension of the statue, which would be measured from the fingertips of his outstretched hand, (which looks like it hangs out over past the base), to the end of the base behind him.
You're thinking about the length, which is 20". I think they meant to put 12" for his width.

I think he'll be a lot bigger than people think.

I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds more like wishful thinking to justify overpaying for this guy. All they would have to do is put up a picture of him next to Superman, but the fact that they don't makes me think he's as small as the measurements say. If he is bigger like Apocalypse I would have ordered him so I'll be annoyed if they messed up the measurements.

Lol, again people bending measure units to their need of size? I thought we had passed that point.

I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds more like wishful thinking to justify overpaying for this guy. All they would have to do is put up a picture of him next to Superman, but the fact that they don't makes me think he's as small as the measurements say. If he is bigger like Apocalypse I would have ordered him so I'll be annoyed if they messed up the measurements.
Truth is superman and Batman are jumbo sized PF's and if we were going on height alone they probably should have charged more for them

Dunno, Superman seems pretty much perfect to me, for size and proportions. Batman is a mess, can't wrap my head about the weird proportions and overall bulk it has.

Dunno, Superman seems pretty much perfect to me, for size and proportions. Batman is a mess, can't wrap my head about the weird proportions and overall bulk it has.

My theory is ...and it's just a theory ...the artist that sculpted Batman overcompensated his musculature knowing it was going to be covered by fabric.

My theory is ...and it's just a theory ...the artist that sculpted Batman overcompensated his musculature knowing it was going to be covered by fabric.

I think Bats looks perfect. He's drawn as massive by quite a few artists. I'm sure we'll get a more athletic Bats in the near future. It's not like SSC is just going to make one Bats PF.

I think Bats looks perfect. He's drawn as massive by quite a few artists. I'm sure we'll get a more athletic Bats in the near future. It's not like SSC is just going to make one Bats PF.

Yup... Bat is too good to pass. Soon he will be like the Hulk and IM from Marvel.

Truth is superman and Batman are jumbo sized PF's and if we were going on height alone they probably should have charged more for them

I think its the massive tall base that makes these DC jumbo.

I think its the massive tall base that makes these DC jumbo.
That's all I'm saying. I look at Apocalypse and he is huge but his base is also flat...less than an inch thick. Meanwhile we all know how big the DC bases have become yet spec wise super and bats are about the same height as apocalypse

My theory, again, just a theory, is that Batman has been one of Canale's first 3D sculpts and he wasn't used to working with 3D software, so proportions didn't come out like expected. Same thing that happened to Macaluso when he sculpted Mortal Kombat 9 Shao Kahn and it came out pretty much 1:5 scale instead of 1:4. Just throwing the idea around.
Regardless of what people say, Batman is never drawn SO bulkier than Superman, never.

My theory, again, just a theory, is that Batman has been one of Canale's first 3D sculpts and he wasn't used to working with 3D software, so proportions didn't come out like expected. Same thing that happened to Macaluso when he sculpted Mortal Kombat 9 Shao Kahn and it came out pretty much 1:5 scale instead of 1:4. Just throwing the idea around.
Regardless of what people say, Batman is never drawn SO bulkier than Superman, never.

Hmmm ...your theory seems more likely.

And I agree ...Batman was never bulkier than Superman.

Hey guys, Just wondering if you had a choice of the ultimate Darkseid statue what pic you would use to do?

Back