Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering now if the reason they're raising prices so steeply is to price people out of the market so the edition sizes are manageable and Quality Control becomes more of a focus. QC on 500 Statues is much easier than on 3000 of them. Rather than improve QC on a large batch, give them less work. Kind of makes sense in that way. It's really hard to have top notch quality control on a high end collectible when you're looking at thousands of pieces made to exacting standards.

Then again, smaller edition sizes doesn't necessarily mean better QC.

no, QC is quality! no price and/or ES trickery! since SSC don't have any magical power, we get QUALITY or we riot, boycott!!!

It's pointless to raise 1000 signs if there are 1000-2000 people still buying. Sideshow is perfectly aware of how people feel.

It's pointless to raise 1000 signs if there are 1000-2000 people still buying. Sideshow is perfectly aware of how people feel.

Maybe so, but the ES for the EX as we all know is 500. SS have set that price because of the probable low number of PO.

They've made changes before so who knows? Won't do any harm will it... It takes 2 min and if for whatever stupid reason SS makes changes then, it would feel good to get the statue with a nice feature

Ordered last night. Big fan and the community helped me through my concerns. 500 is a great es as well.

Also signed the petition

I'm wondering now if the reason they're raising prices so steeply is to price people out of the market so the edition sizes are manageable and Quality Control becomes more of a focus.

Or Sideshow could have chosen not to make 25,000+ Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman statues especially since we are getting multiple variants of all of them. I really hope lower edition sizes and better quality control are on the horizon, but like you said there really isn't any direct correlation.

Or Sideshow could have chosen not to make 25,000+ Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman statues especially since we are getting multiple variants of all of them. I really hope lower edition sizes and better quality control are on the horizon, but like you said there really isn't any direct correlation.

Yea, you just hope for correlation, you know? That being said, if they give Darkseid to the factory that spit out the Superman PF, then we're in for a treat.

Yes, if only they could all turn out that well. This is probably our only shot at Darkseid so I hope they get it right.

I approve this message! :clap as for darksied I can't see too many QC issues since he's such a simple bulky sculpt to ship and paint. It's like paint a big toy. Not too many details to get right. What can really go wrong?

That's what I thought about Apocalypse and their ended up being paint/bubbling damage. Anything is possible

I approve this message! :clap as for darksied I can't see too many QC issues since he's such a simple bulky sculpt to ship and paint. It's like paint a big toy. Not too many details to get right. What can really go wrong?

I think they might have troubles with the lines between the wrinkles in his shirt and his belt. It's not going to be as easy of a paint job as you might think. There's actually a lot of detail on the sculpt.

The exclusive is on wait list now. Regular available with an edition size of 1000.

Damn! I was looking forward to seeing the count down of how many left. Great news though!

Back