DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

see my post king: louie..loll

Yeah I saw it after...I guess I cant read either:eek:

Last edited:

Shaihulud said:
F ****** AWESOME !!!!YOU CUSTOMIZE S-MART ASH AND REGULAR ASH INTO ONE RIGHT????? ALSO IS THAT A LESTAT AND LOUIE CUSTOMS ? IDD LIKE TO SEE MORE PICS OF THEM...

Yep I never did like the open maw expression the Army of Darkness Ash had, just didn't have that smartash look that Campbell had in the films. The S-Mart Ash had the right look but the wrong hair, so with a little recasting the two were combined. The Louis and Lestat customs have gone through alot of changes. Originally the heads were sculpted for me by Shawn from Sovereign Studio using a hot toys Mission Impossible 2 Cruise and his own sculpted Pitt. They looked good but the likeness wasn't as good as I wanted. The clothes were ripped from some old Soldiers of the World revolutionary war figures. They were bleached, redyed, some sewing involved which I'm terrible at, and then the silver decorations were added with glitter glue and flower stencils. Finally I ended up buying the Mission Impossible and Fight Club Hero Heads, and sanded off the hair off both and the goatee off the Pitt. Then the hair was entirely resculpted by me using magic sculpt. I got into custom figs cause none of the characters I like were being made, since then Sideshow has done most of them, Highlander, Angel, Buffy, Star Wars, Freddy, Jason all customs I made. Seems Like every figure I made they've done, much better of course. I'm waiting til they make an Indiana Jones figure which was my first custom. And yeah, the day I got the Conner MacLeod fig I had to add the facial stubble, just didn't look right without it.
06_04_0.jpg

06_04_1.jpg

I love your stuff, Murder! But get your own thread! THis here be DA's braggin' thread. :lol

Murderofcrows71 said:
Yep I never did like the open maw expression the Army of Darkness Ash had, just didn't have that smartash look that Campbell had in the films. The S-Mart Ash had the right look but the wrong hair, so with a little recasting the two were combined. The Louis and Lestat customs have gone through alot of changes. Originally the heads were sculpted for me by Shawn from Sovereign Studio using a hot toys Mission Impossible 2 Cruise and his own sculpted Pitt. They looked good but the likeness wasn't as good as I wanted. The clothes were ripped from some old Soldiers of the World revolutionary war figures. They were bleached, redyed, some sewing involved which I'm terrible at, and then the silver decorations were added with glitter glue and flower stencils. Finally I ended up buying the Mission Impossible and Fight Club Hero Heads, and sanded off the hair off both and the goatee off the Pitt. Then the hair was entirely resculpted by me using magic sculpt. I got into custom figs cause none of the characters I like were being made, since then Sideshow has done most of them, Highlander, Angel, Buffy, Star Wars, Freddy, Jason all customs I made. Seems Like every figure I made they've done, much better of course. I'm waiting til they make an Indiana Jones figure which was my first custom. And yeah, the day I got the Conner MacLeod fig I had to add the facial stubble, just didn't look right without it.
06_04_0.jpg

06_04_1.jpg

Great stuff Murder!!! Thanks so much for the comments and for some more inspiration. Again, I just might actually try and grab up a few more Evil Ash's and Jason (FVJ) just for some of my Freaks buddies....

Love the Lestat... I've wanted to put together a 'Seven' set with a custom Pitt, Freeman and Spacey....but I have no idea where to start. I know the hardest part for me is going to be finding head sculpts. Since I can not really sculpt at all.... :lol

I love your work man... Keep it up and show us more!! :D

Last edited:

Great stuff everyone.................

Customikey said:
I love your stuff, Murder! But get your own thread! THis here be DA's braggin' thread. :lol

Most of this stuffs already posted in my thread anyway, besides I'm paranoid that if his stuff starting out is looking this good, I'm in trouble. :lol

I don't know about a SE7EN version of Pitt but the hero head/Frontline one could easily be customized to look exact from the film. Problem is you have to look at the orderform in adobe to be able to see half the newer heads.
https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

Murderofcrows71 said:
Most of this stuffs already posted in my thread anyway, besides I'm paranoid that if his stuff starting out is looking this good, I'm in trouble. :lol

I don't know about a SE7EN version of Pitt but the hero head/Frontline one could easily be customized to look exact from the film. Problem is you have to look at the orderform in adobe to be able to see half the newer heads.
https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

wow....thanks Murder...Coming from you that makes me feel good. I do certainly hope that one day I will be able to put together a collection of customs as good as yours...:D

And thanks so much for that link! Now I have so many ideas!!! :monkey5

Today was very eventful....

First off I got the Dragon body and the Custom Luke Head I wanted from Ebay. I attached the head and am now starting the repainting process. Now all I need is the costume and such so that I can really begin.

But I went to my parents today to borrow my Dad's camera and take some nice pics. I grabbed the camera and went home to snap the photo's. I took a whole slew of nice close up shots to post here tonight... And upon attempting hookup to my computer I noticed that they gave me the wrong wires!!!!

So... As my parents live kinda far away... It might be the weekend before I can get the cord I need to show you guys the figures and the updated Anakin... :monkey2

Ok.... Well.. upon seeing the digital pics I have to say that my Dad's camera sucks... bad. It will not focus in on anything that is not right up in the lens, so most of these pics will be head shots.

First off, I want to begin with my repainted lips Anakin... So here are a few pics..

112818658RL659244902.jpg

112818605RL554244623.jpg

112818668RL199266318.jpg

112818741RL772684898.jpg

Next off we have some more Freddy and Evil Ash pics... These are the first finished Freddy shots, so that will be a first for a couple of people. I hope you enjoy them!! :D

112818820RL701303273.jpg

112818828RL320098127.jpg

112818840RL028598555.jpg

112818935RL217584967.jpg

112818891RL212299198.jpg

112818945RL028912671.jpg

More Freddy Vs Jason pics.... and at least this time you guys can get a better look at him... Makes it much easier to see what I did...:D

112819075RL552124651.jpg

112819159RL016868985.jpg

112819174RL410097837.jpg

112819203RL995218095.jpg

112819079RL819766591.jpg

I also took some more pics of the Jason X mask for all to see... at least it feels more "used" now.. and not so new looking... :cool:

112819349RL871187363.jpg

112819312RL369044028.jpg

Here now are also a few pics of my Custom Luke that I am working on.. I have not gotten the Bespin clothes yet to really start on him, but just for fun I put him in the Ceremonial Luke uniform to show him off a little. He still needs touch up work to the face, but I'm really happy with him so far....

112819242RL671620104.jpg

112818640RL253490776.jpg

112819261RL010218151.jpg

Hopefully soon I will figure out why the camera is not wanting to focus and take some full body shots to finish this round out. And after that I promise no more pics of the same stuff over and over again.. :lol

KICK ASS!!!!Your new pix are MUCH better than before.

And you Anakin repaint is perfect....way to go Josh!!!!!

Also, like I have said before, That Jason mask is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingdarkness03 said:
KICK ASS!!!!Your new pix are MUCH better than before.

And you Anakin repaint is perfect....way to go Josh!!!!!

Also, like I have said before, That Jason mask is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl :rotfl

Thanks dude! I tried my best to get you guys some nice pics of the paint apps so that everyone could see what I did and not have to gaze at blurry shots...

And big thanks on Anakin's lips... I really wanted to get that shade right.. I kept mixing until I got it just like the pics on the box and went for it. I'm really happy about it.

As for Jason... I found a site that has them on sale for like 30 bucks.... I've ordered from them before and I just might get another one and sell it. It would just be fun to do it all over again.. :D

Freddy and jason are awsome,Are they expensive to buy as i think i may buy the pair,but no way i could customize them like you have.

Ash looks cool and gory,the face looks lifelike.
Anakin looks much better than sideshows.
And lukes coming along nicely.

Awsome stuff DA!
Keep up the great work

Gorgeous work! Super impressed. These were all great figures to start, but now they're beyond the pale.

Your super talented!
Looks as though youve been at this for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back