DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

DarkArtist81 said:
Y'know...I've just noticed that today, Mikey!!.. I was messing around with the Freddy some more. Adding highlights here and there to deepen the burn effect I was going for... and I stopped to look at it again. I still cannot believe I painted it.

Another thing that surprised me is how much fun this all is... I'm having a blast.

I took more pics of the final Freddy product.. they are better than usual for my camera phone..:lol

I took a bunch with the real camera and the roll is almost finished. It should be another week before I can develop it.

Hurry up and get that film developed....I can't take much more of these blurry pix....I really want to see how your paint apps have come out Josh....we need some clear pix soon!!!

kingdarkness03 said:
Hurry up and get that film developed....I can't take much more of these blurry pix....I really want to see how your paint apps have come out Josh....we need some clear pix soon!!!

I know.... :monkey2

It's moments like these that I miss having friends that live nearby. I was always able to call in a few favors and get some digital pics taken. Now I have to wait for film to be developed and such... it sucks.

But I assure you that measures are being taken to rectify this situation and get some nice pics of these two.. I'm trying some white backgrounds and such to get the camera to focus on them, also standing far away and zooming to take some of the flash glare out of the photos....

So stay tuned!! :D

DekeStarkiller said:
Digging what you're doing man, keep em' coming.

Thanks Deke.... I've been working like mad this past weekend. I just was bored I guess, and thankfully this gave me something to do.

A friend of mine informed me that his son (my godson) wants me to make him a custom Anakin... So, I guess I have to try and accomodate. Maybe I'll do what Mikey is doing and paint up an Ultimate Villian set.. That's far off, but a cool idea in the future. :D

I love your creations DarkArtist.
Freddy should be cool when you get some orange paint>
Love your Ash figure.

Keep up the good work!!!
:emperor

DarkArtist81 said:
Thanks Deke.... I've been working like mad this past weekend. I just was bored I guess, and thankfully this gave me something to do.

A friend of mine informed me that his son (my godson) wants me to make him a custom Anakin... So, I guess I have to try and accomodate. Maybe I'll do what Mikey is doing and paint up an Ultimate Villian set.. That's far off, but a cool idea in the future. :D

Let me just tell you that the Ultimate Anakin is the definition of suck. The head isn't bad, but everything else is a waste. I suppose a passable Anakin could be made using a different body...
Keep the Vader parts, though.

Customikey said:
Let me just tell you that the Ultimate Anakin is the definition of suck. The head isn't bad, but everything else is a waste. I suppose a passable Anakin could be made using a different body...
Keep the Vader parts, though.

:rotfl Yeah, that figure was the biggest waste of money at Toys R Us Midnight Madness.... I sold it rather quickly afterwards. Just a massive disappointment.

Who knows? I just might put together one for him in another fashion. Maybe I will try and score another SSC Anakin figure from Ebay once the madness calms down. Give my Godson a custom Sith Anakin to play with. :emperor

Today I recieved a surprise figure in the mail... You see... About a week ago, before I acquired the custom Luke Head from Ebay, I ordered a Jedi Luke (hasbro) from another seller. I totally forgot about it and today I got a package....

Upon opening the package I realized that he indeed sent me the wrong figure... He sent a Ep IV Ceremonial Luke. Soo... I decided to not make a fuss, just keep it and practice a little. I'm going to mess with it a little bit today, but not much. I don't have yellow or blue paint, so I can't really do his hair or eyes. Might just repaint the skin tone to practice on that and finish up next weekend when I can afford the paint.

Nice surprise though... should be fun anyway.. I can distress the costume while I wait! And to me, that can sometimes be the most fun. :chew

If it be the Jedi Luke costume you were interested, you're better off. It rides up in the crotch. Not my crotch. His crotch. I wouldn't be able to even get my legs through. But if I did, it would indeed ride up in the crotch. And the butt.

You're better off.

Customikey said:
If it be the Jedi Luke costume you were interested, you're better off. It rides up in the crotch. Not my crotch. His crotch. I wouldn't be able to even get my legs through. But if I did, it would indeed ride up in the crotch. And the butt.

You're better off.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

No, my original reasons for trying to acquire the Jedi Luke figure was for the better head sculpt... But once I had the other one.. it kinda became redundant, seeing as though I was making a Bespin Luke...

Well, I just spent a good 2 hours repainting the Ceremonial Luke head... I don't have yellow or blue paint, so I had to leave the eyes and highlights (hair) alone for now.

This whole experiment was to get skin tone down... I have yet to do a "human" custom yet, so it was something I wanted to try out. All in all I think I did a good job. It surely looks a LOT better than it did, and now at least I have something to do.

I did my best to weather the costume, but it's just such crappy quality that I was not able to do much. I stained the clothing to make it lose the "new" feel, I dirtied the boots a little, as well as the belt and blaster. I also added a clip for the lightsaber and put a hook on the saber hilt. It works for now... but eventually I need to put the head on a new body and tailor fit the costume. Oh well...

I took some pics, so expect them with the rest of the batch.... :cool:

I would think, if it's the Ceremonial Luke, that the boots would be nice and polished, not dirty.

Customikey said:
I would think, if it's the Ceremonial Luke, that the boots would be nice and polished, not dirty.

Very good point Mikey... :cool:

I didn't dirty them up too much, just little tiny bit on the bottom. You can hardly tell unless you look up close, but as you said... super shiny boots might actually be way better. I'll redo them and see what happens...

Thanks again for the tip... I was so busy going nuts on everything that I didn't even think about that!! :rotfl

Ok....got the film developed and again... many were unusable. I think something is not right with the camera. It does not want to take the picture that I line up in the viewfinder. It looks like a drunk took some of these...

But, oh well... I DO have a couple of very nice ones to show you guys.. so I will begin with my almost finished, work in progress Freddy...

111374004RL353114634.jpg

111373567RL423714650.jpg

111373952RL986116164.jpg

He was a completely repainted head, so I'm pretty proud of the way he turned out. I just need to dry brush a little orangey-red on top to finish it off and he is done... I hope. :D

Last edited:

Ok....next round... Here are the newer pics of my Evil Ash... There are some close ups, to better show the paint apps, so I hope you enjoy them...:monkey5

111373631RL840239415.jpg

111373627RL386797355.jpg

111376297RL407162434.jpg

Here is my Jason update.... the final work is finished and I am DAMN proud of the way it turned out. He looks a lot more like the film version IMO... and the jacket just looks worn out. I had a blast working on him and some close calls with the burning I did... but in the end it was great. I hope you guys like him... :monkey1

Here's the first... after the jacket treatment but before the head was changed...

111373792RL357484117.jpg

111373790RL680167261.jpg

Here's the midway shot... I darkened the mask, but it still looked a little light. It did however bring out the scratches a lot more...

111373832RL452090014.jpg

111373854RL721441296.jpg

Here's the final figure...

111373584RL155714265.jpg

111378522RL915325067.jpg

Lookin' good Josh...that Freddy looks sick...looks like the burns are fresh, like the just draged him from the fire...and your pix are lookin' good too!!

Well, all that's left is my practice Luke and the Jason X mask I did. All of the pics I had of these two did not make the transfer... all but 3.. and even they suck. But, here they are....:rotfl

111373580RL184414019.jpg

111380153RL807479176.jpg

111373917RL091052525.jpg

That Jason(JvsF) KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!The mask looks F'n awesome...way to go Josh....maybe I'll send you my Jason and you can give him the "Josh Treatment".....

That Jason is awsome. Love how the mask and jacket look.

kingdarkness03 said:
Lookin' good Josh...that Freddy looks sick...looks like the burns are fresh, like the just draged him from the fire...and your pix are lookin' good too!!

Thanks dude....That's actually what I was going for... That recent burn look. My sister burned her foot really bad when she was a kid and I'll never forget the look of it. So I did my best to replicate that...

Glad you like it!!!:chew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back