Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my late mod.
That collar mod...It was really difficult to take those pattern strips out. Don't want to do it again!
Also respect to those who actually made it in the first place!
Did some leather work on the holster.
1646941363827.png

@p3ss3ssod - Did you swap the body? If you did which one did you use?

Started my late mod.
That collar mod...It was really difficult to take those pattern strips out. Don't want to do it again!
Also respect to those who actually made it in the first place!
Did some leather work on the holster.
View attachment 566322
@p3ss3ssod - Did you swap the body? If you did which one did you use?

I was planning on doing so but haven't yet.

I'm not really happy with the hands that came with it, but the articulation isn't that concerning to me based on anything I'm planning on displaying. The Coomodel BD002 Narrow Shoulder body is the one I'll probably go for, mainly cause it's available locally to me in .au for under A$50 delivered. Unless anyone here can inform me of that not being a good choice?

I was planning on doing so but haven't yet.

I'm not really happy with the hands that came with it, but the articulation isn't that concerning to me based on anything I'm planning on displaying. The Coomodel BD002 Narrow Shoulder body is the one I'll probably go for, mainly cause it's available locally to me in .au for under A$50 delivered. Unless anyone here can inform me of that not being a good choice?
Thats a good choice of body - standard/cheap hands is all.

Finally got my deckard in yesterday was futzing with the clothes a bit. To be honest I think I'll leave the heads as it is I don't trust myself with repainting especially on heads. I think the body is fine its a standard $20 body you can find on ebay, and it's got decent articulation. I will eventually shave the necks down a bit since without the 2 coats on him he looks like a giraffe lol. The accessories are really neat I love the replicant scanner and origami unicorn same with the alcohol glass and bottle.
I also love the stitching of the coat, it's really detailed very well and is definitely the highlight of the fig imo. The blaster is cool as well, only negative I'll say I have is the hands sticking to the hand pegs they tend to easily fall off if I move them to certain positions but it's nothing that some tac won't fix. All in all I'm really glad I got to get this piece in my collection and I posed him with officer k which is super cool to finally do after the wait. Also just wanted to say to everyone here that your mods are awesome and really make the figure pop to it's highest potential it's all just great. Here are some pics I took today.

Attachments

• 20220312_152153.jpg
    20220312_152153.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220312_152158.jpg
    20220312_152158.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220311_121239.jpg
    20220311_121239.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220312_152246.jpg
    20220312_152246.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220312_152209.jpg
    20220312_152209.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 111
Finally got my deckard in yesterday was futzing with the clothes a bit. To be honest I think I'll leave the heads as it is I don't trust myself with repainting especially on heads. I think the body is fine its a standard $20 body you can find on ebay, and it's got decent articulation. I will eventually shave the necks down a bit since without the 2 coats on him he looks like a giraffe lol. The accessories are really neat I love the replicant scanner and origami unicorn same with the alcohol glass and bottle.
I also love the stitching of the coat, it's really detailed very well and is definitely the highlight of the fig imo. The blaster is cool as well, only negative I'll say I have is the hands sticking to the hand pegs they tend to easily fall off if I move them to certain positions but it's nothing that some tac won't fix. All in all I'm really glad I got to get this piece in my collection and I posed him with officer k which is super cool to finally do after the wait. Also just wanted to say to everyone here that your mods are awesome and really make the figure pop to it's highest potential it's all just great. Here are some pics I took today.
Nice photos. The headsculpt on the Blackbox Toys Officer K seems to look a little more like Ryan Gosling did in the film compared to the Supermad Toys version. I bought the latter for the additional headsculpt and the great accessories.

Just got mine and did a review. Overall he’s a nice figure, may sell some accessories as I’m not sure I need two headsculpts but we’ll see.

I would still pick the custom. For me, Deckard is a grail figure and I prefer the tailoring and details of the custom figure. I have seen some great modifications to the figure on here, which have improved it a lot... But not enough to change my mind.

agreed but is it worth 5X more? . I have them all and TBH, these recast quality are beginning to close the gap significantly compared to the high end customs.

I would say in the last 2 years, the Quality is getting more blurry when compared to the customs

Back