Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swapped the body out on mine for a HT body with a slightly larger chestand gave him worldbox hands:

View attachment 564998

The hands and head color don’t 100% match but it’s very close
Everything looks crisp in this pic. I'm really impressed with this figure.

By the way, I have the same base/stand on my custom Deckard. I'll most likely be using it on this one, too.

So I took off the coat and blazer to readjust the shirt. Now I realized putting them back on without the shirt and jacket sleeves getting stuck halfway up is pretty complicated. Anyone have a good tutorial on how to go about this?

Also, which body would you guys recommend to switch over to?
I have a pair of jewelry pliers that use in this situation. You can find them at hobby stores.

I usually take the coat and any undershirts off first and stuff the sleeves into the coat before putting back on the figure. I then use the pliers to pull the sleeves down inside the coat sleeve. Jewelry pliers are small and have smooth jaws that won’t damage the fabric.

Well guys, received mine two days ago from KGHobby, shipping took 15 days with no additional customs fee, so that's a plus. Figure out of the box is impressive. Main defect is the body, clearly a chep one, even if the double bend at the elbows is always welcome. I'll have to retie the tie and water treat the coat.

I really think that the tie and the coat and the coat's belt would benefit from some wiring. I might try to insert some small metal wire along the edged, even if I have no clue on how to do it as I never did it before.

Accessory wise mine came with a unglued badge and the origami horse is all twisted, paws and horn are all bent, will have to heat it and try to straighten them.

And then of course there's the sculpt opacity problem. You get some pretty interesting light effects by sticking a led inside of the sculpt...

I'll share pictures in the coming days.

Does the head paint job or color look really bad? I see most collectors pics have been great but yet almost everyone say the head has to be posed in certain lighting?

Sorry for the late response. Ive been pretty busy at work. This is the body I am using, the one on the left . I have no idea of the model name or brand. Also a pic compared to the one Dark Toys gave us (I am not sure if this is, since I threw it in a box with other bodies 😓. Someone can confirm?). The head sits lower and closer to the body.

IMG_20220305_172521.jpg

IMG_20220305_172526.jpg

IMG_20220305_173250.jpg

Does the head paint job or color look really bad? I see most collectors pics have been great but yet almost everyone say the head has to be posed in certain lighting?
The paint job looks great in person and low light pictures but for some reason with flash the paint looks weird.

I think I'm near the end of this customising odyssey.
From the top down the only thing I haven't changed/customised/painted is the sports jacket and the badge (which I may make a more accurate bi-fold later on). Really happy this figure exists and for all the work its been, I look at it and love the representation without question.

P3070177.JPG

Sorry for the late response. Ive been pretty busy at work. This is the body I am using, the one on the left . I have no idea of the model name or brand. Also a pic compared to the one Dark Toys gave us (I am not sure if this is, since I threw it in a box with other bodies 😓. Someone can confirm?). The head sits lower and closer to the body.

View attachment 565468
View attachment 565469
View attachment 565470
That’s a COO Model body. Probably a 001 their standard body. I have at least 10 of them on hand, it’s my usual bodyswap go to.

I think I'm near the end of this customising odyssey.
From the top down the only thing I haven't changed/customised/painted is the sports jacket and the badge (which I may make a more accurate bi-fold later on). Really happy this figure exists and for all the work its been, I look at it and love the representation without question.

View attachment 565706
What was the neck mod you did, again? I could use it on a separate figure I've been working on. Thanks.

What was the neck mod you did, again? I could use it on a separate figure I've been working on. Thanks.

Ahh I took then inner ring out, then sliced about 4mm off the base of the neck, cut a section out of the ring to reduce the size then pop the ring back in. You've then got to reduce the size of the connecting piece that goes inside so that it holds but doesn't stretch out the neck. Then heat up the connecting piece and reconnect it. This someone elses method that was posted in here, which I adapted mine to. So credit to the original poster of this method, it's far better than my hacky one.

Back