Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that counts for most of us here. You are in good company, welcome!

Water treatment, there's some good advice from dantes2501 and Mr.E!
It took me a time to find it, because I had forgotten the name of the site, but I knew there was a tutorial somewhere:

http://www.rebelscum.com/laundryday.asp
It's a very old tutorial, but the method hasn't changed. Coincidently, the guy demonstrates the method on a figure which actually was the very first 12" collectible figure I ever bought and which kicked it all off for me: 2005 Sideshow Collectibles Jedi Luke! 17 years... and I still have it MIB. No, I'm not a MIB collector, but I just never got around unpacking some figures, and have a bunch that are still sealed.

http://www.rebelscum.com/features/laundryday/lowsink/
I loved that old ROTJ Luke , aside from the paint job one of SS"s best. Even Hot Toys copied it in many aspects with there release.

I loved that old ROTJ Luke , aside from the paint job one of SS"s best. Even Hot Toys copied it in many aspects with there release.

I still remember logging on to pre-order on day one to find it sold out already. :eek: Luckily I was one of the early waitlisters.

(And I set my alarm for SS preorders from then on!)

I still remember logging on to pre-order on day one to find it sold out already. :eek: Luckily I was one of the early waitlisters.

(And I set my alarm for SS preorders from then on!)
I remember those days as well, a sense of great frustration and elation. Somehow I managed to get all of the exclusive versions . I have sold off some and replaced them with the HT counterparts but have retained some as well.

Mine arrived yesterday out of the blue!

I will take photos later today.

But I really like DT's decision to use the flesh resin base for the sculpts and light paint aps...it make it way more easy to add colour than take away. The sculpt is quite amazing. Soft goods are great! The gun is ok and is serviceable. I will replace or repaint the shoes. For me this is a very solid 8/10. Don't sleep on this...

I don't know whether this is a new procedure, but Royal Mail are continuing to send me email updates.

This is one I've never received from them before:

Your parcel has successfully cleared customs and is now entering the Royal Mail network for delivery.

There's even an illustration to show just how happy Royal Mail were to receive the parcel from customs.

rm.jpg

:lol

Grabbed one from kits second batch last night, I’ve wanted a decent deckard for so long I just couldn’t pass it up. Now the long wait but I’m sure the photos in this thread will hold me over

Dang. Mine updated today to this ominous state:

Waiting for addressee to pay tax duty
Feb 04 2022 04:40 pm
· NETHERLANDS

Just got this on the mail from Giantoy today. In person the sculpt is fantastic! The neck is a tad long. But can be trimmed if needed. I'm working on a water treatment for the clothes to give them a more worn in look. Overall this is the figure I've been wanting for decades! Super happy with how it came out.

Seeing this back up at OSK makes me hate that I po'd it from Toyswonderland when I couldn't find it anywhere else. Grumble grumble.

Seeing this back up at OSK makes me hate that I po'd it from Toyswonderland when I couldn't find it anywhere else. Grumble grumble.
I did TW as well. Jumped on the first one I saw. May have to wait a bit extra, but will be worth it according to those who have him in hand.

Back