Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've read it is true. Of course it's on PS3 and Xbox360 but you'd think they'd squeeze some more juice out of it. I'm waiting for the PC version so I can't say for sure other than what I've read.

From what I've read it is true. Of course it's on PS3 and Xbox360 but you'd think they'd squeeze some more juice out of it. I'm waiting for the PC version so I can't say for sure other than what I've read.

I remember the first one being quite nice looking, but I am going to hold off on this one - most likely until the PC reviews come in

It's definitely noticeable there. I think From Software nerfed the graphics and the dynamic lighting to maintain 30 fps. In DS, Blighttown was near unplayable at times. I haven't had any framerate problems so far with DS 2. I think the PC version and the next gen systems will get the graphical upgrade if you can wait.

Despite the hit, the gameplay is roughly the same. It's still frustrating, but satisfying if you keep at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played both Demon & Dark Soul on PS3, they do look good, based on the screenshot comparison of Reveal demo vs actual game, the difference is like PS3 vs PS2, the actual screenshots of the released game seriously looked like a highres'ed late PS2 game i was like WTF.

I'll wait for the PC version since it'll be out in few weeks.

I'm not a hardcore player so i'm guessing passing some point it'd be just plain exp farming so by that time i'd want a bug/hack that allows me to gain quick exp & souls. I don't play online so i don't think it'd be too bad.

I remember the first one being quite nice looking, but I am going to hold off on this one - most likely until the PC reviews come in

the graphics downgrade blows but after having to fight through the beginning of the game it gets really, really good. one still has the better atmosphere and is more charismatic, but two is still a great sequel. world is so dang big.

I don't think it's about the graphics . It's always been about a deep rpg with a gamer only difficulties . The weapons and armor stats are not for children, is my take away

So I just came across the NPC that allows you to buy/trade "boss" souls for "boss" weapons/armor.

Being my first time playing DS, I just "used" them for more souls to level with as I got them. Is there a way to "go back" and "re-get" those souls needed for certain weapon trades?

Do the bosses come back when you "level up an area"?

Much like Skyrim, I love getting lost and finding my way through.

So I just came across the NPC that allows you to buy/trade "boss" souls for "boss" weapons/armor.

Being my first time playing DS, I just "used" them for more souls to level with as I got them. Is there a way to "go back" and "re-get" those souls needed for certain weapon trades?

They do not come back , i hate to say it but you maybe should do a fun playthough and play new game + is were the game is at.Its meant to be played a few times.The next play though is so much fun, you will find stuff you missed and your stats just grow and grow.It gets harder very time you beat the game but after the first playthough it does get easier ,but not too easy.
In the first dark souls i did the same thing and was sad that it gives no direction but thats why people give up on the game.But if you stick it out you will be welding some of the best weapons, ninja enemies like a boss.
Dont feel to bad , the list of weapons is huge and some of the stats on them are not very different.My favorite weapons was the claymore and that was a basic found weapon.If you start to work on enhancing a weapon or armor stick to it.Theres only few titan slabs for the final up grade so chose wisely.The elite knight armor was my favorite in the first game
hope that helps

You can buy the bonfire acetic at a couple of vendors later on in the game. These allow you to essentially "reset" an area when you burn them at a specific bonfire. But the difficult gets bumped up as a result. You can also find an item that allows you to respec if you need to.

Totally agree with Zuckkus that the game demands multiple playthroughs to get things that you missed the first time around.

I am having a hard time summoning npc's.I have the book and it tells me were the summon signs and nothing.I am human so thats not the problem.Plus i cant summon help through the level either for fun.

You can buy the bonfire acetic at a couple of vendors later on in the game. These allow you to essentially "reset" an area when you burn them at a specific bonfire. But the difficult gets bumped up as a result. You can also find an item that allows you to respec if you need to.

Totally agree with Zuckkus that the game demands multiple playthroughs to get things that you missed the first time around.

So the bosses DO come back on an "upgrade" of the zone? Zuck said they do not...

confused....

I am having a hard time summoning npc's.I have the book and it tells me were the summon signs and nothing.I am human so thats not the problem.Plus i cant summon help through the level either for fun.

Did you try exhausting all the dialogue from each npc that you can summon? That usually does the trick.

ParmaG, the bonfire ascetics are new to DkS 2. If you use them at certain bonfires, the bosses and surrounding enemies will respawn. But the difficulty level will carry over to each successive NG+. I'm not sure how far into the game you are but I wouldn't worry too much unless you are going for platinum. Better weapons can be found later in the game.

Not worried, just wondering. ;)

I mainly play my normal slow-and-steady, war of attrition / tank-style and get lost in the game.
I recently started a full blown ranged dps mage style, with what I have learned.

Might try a stealth mode run in the end.

I will double check but the one in the pirate area by the bonfire disappear and was not available by the metal gate. Plus I can't be summoned with my white soapstone anywhere after the first area. Thanks for the info

Fix the online problem, I had to erase the update and join the blue coven and invade a world. It was a glitch this whole time.i though it was just different then one and it wasn't available .

Just tried leveling up an area and the boss for that area respawned. Killed him and he dropped his big soul again. :D

Back