Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Souls

how many people have finished this? ive just started my second playthrough. and it seems to be harder the second time around. nyone else notice this?

Its pretty sporadic at first. I've found more and more, but I hate how you cant invade unless you are alive....really limits the online aspect

I tried to invade a game 4 times and was unsuccessful. What pissed me off is that even though it didn't work it still used the crystal or whatever. :dunno

how many people have finished this? ive just started my second playthrough. and it seems to be harder the second time around. nyone else notice this?

It is, as its the NG+ mode.....so it should be LOT harder.....

I tried to invade a game 4 times and was unsuccessful. What pissed me off is that even though it didn't work it still used the crystal or whatever. :dunno

with this patch that should be hitting soon (we dont know the date in the States or Europe), that is being fixed

I'm finding NG+ to be much easier than the first go-round. Probably because I'm overleveled for it, but most people go in around SL 70 or 80 or so and then I can see it being unbelievably hard.

I'm finding NG+ to be much easier than the first go-round. Probably because I'm overleveled for it, but most people go in around SL 70 or 80 or so and then I can see it being unbelievably hard.

I'll try to make it to level 90-100 by the time I am done with my first playthrough.....afraid if I level too quickly, match making will be issue

I beat the hell out of some Dragon last night. It felt good to get to a boss and whoop it the first time. :rock

Once you figure out the bosses' patterns, they're pretty simple, especially compared to Demon's Souls.

There are a few that are tricky as hell though, namely Anor Londo's boss(es), the Stray Demon when you return to the Undead Asylum, Sif, and if you've not gotten your parrying down, the last boss can be pretty tough.

Once you hit a certain level of poise and get a decent weapon, though, you can essentially just stand there, take the hits, put up your greatshield and drink a flask, two-hand your weapon and beat the crap out of whatever you're fighting, and repeat until it's dead. Ornstein and Smough (Anor Londo's boss fight) are a different story, because handling them both at the same time is tricky. Took me no less than 30 tries to get through them the first time around.

Of course, the second I did it the hard way and it only took me one try, so maybe it was more of a gear/strategy issue the first time around.

There's a spot you can get to on the lake all the way to the left(hydra's right) that's a patch of land you can walk onto and not be restricted by the water that'll keep you protected from his projectile attacks. I just ran over there and didn't even sweat him. Plus he only killed me once before I found that lil area!

But like I just fought Nito and just rolled up to him, strafed/rolled around him and SHOWED HIM WHO THE PACK LEADER WAS.

There's a spot you can get to on the lake all the way to the left(hydra's right) that's a patch of land you can walk onto and not be restricted by the water that'll keep you protected from his projectile attacks. I just ran over there and didn't even sweat him. Plus he only killed me once before I found that lil area!

But like I just fought Nito and just rolled up to him, strafed/rolled around him and SHOWED HIM WHO THE PACK LEADER WAS.

I've noticed that in many many boss areas there are sections of the level design that can be exploited like this.......wish I had discovered this one, cause this sono___un took me a while

Update: finally got thru Sen's Fortress today - the boss there wasnt too bad, but the overall level was a pain....

Last edited:

Started Blight Town tonight. Kept getting stuck at the three big guys at the start. Finally made it to a bonfire and pressed on a bit. Will continue tomorrow. I hope I can keep with this after Friday. I'm really looking forward to Skyrim. One thing this game misses the mark on is lack of story. I mean they really don't give you anything. But I still love this game. Something about it keeps me coming back. My wife bought me the new call of duty game and I played it for 30 minutes and went back to this.

Yeah, the lack of narrative and awesome cutscenes is the only thing I hate the game for, especially since they create such awesome worlds.

I also hate Blight Town with a passion and haven't even gone back to explore.

I am with the two of you, the story is lacking. It was as well with Demon Souls, but man, would it kill them to have the occasional narrative...?

One thing that frustrates me, if you miss speaking with an NPC at a given location and time, you close out all future appearances. I talked to the chubby armored dude at Sens Fortress gates, but somehow missed him in the fortress, so now, wont see him again apparently. Argh.

Blight town is a little rough, I must say. There are a couple of Red Phantoms too, but they are pretty easy. Defeat Mildred and she'll give you 3 humanities

Back