Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope SS does a regular Phoenix edition. :D

3462763885_f3bd5ba971_o.jpg

This piece makes me deadly afraid, it might be the one so good looking that it will tip me into comic-based Marvel statues. And that feels like an expensive trench to fall into. :lol How soon do you all think we might se a prototype?

I hope SS does a regular Phoenix edition. :D

3462763885_f3bd5ba971_o.jpg

That's the one I'm down for. I just wish that SSC would confirm any variants now. Do it just like they did the rainbow Hulks. This way fans would know to pass on Dark Phoenix if they want a green one.

With this and the Hot Toys Deadpool it seems they came to their senses

Long long overdue

Oh wow cool! Now hope XM gets thier license for x-men back as well so we can have some good competition going again. Will be very interesting to get some new x men for a change. I really hope they make a new better psylocke, and rogue in the future. Was not a fan of either one of the originals not to mention the QC issues. Also a juggy, sinister, the lost world dino bird man Liefeld drew, the metal lady with the six arms, cable, domino, Polaris, a new gambit, etc....

Looking forward to more pics, not a big fan of the head sculpt in the teaser but that could change.

I'm betting we will get a regular Phoenix in 2016 with different head sculpts.

I'm interested to see what ss do with the base.
I don't think they would do a standard X base for this

If they do the x then what a cop out for the high prices. This will be same price as sonja. New PF pricing for the start of 2016. By the end will be 649.99 to 699.99.

lol how crappy would that be if the did in fact do that.

I'm pretty sure thy won't though.

Sideshow should really consider throwing in the x base as an extra. Just as a "hey we know the X-bases suck, but you already have so many pieces with those sucky X-bases, but we know they suck, which is why we make cooler bases, but you may want all your mutants to have the same base so we thought we would just throw them in as an alternative." What? It could happen. :rotfl

That's the one I'm down for. I just wish that SSC would confirm any variants now. Do it just like they did the rainbow Hulks. This way fans would know to pass on Dark Phoenix if they want a green one.

Absolutely. A heads up of variants would be nice.

However, for me, this is one character I wouldn't mind getting in the different versions (green, red and white). That's assuming this statue turns out spectacular.

Hi Gang.

Haven't posted here in quite some time, but when I got the e-mail from SS about the DPPFF, this is where I knew I could find other avid fans.

Just a little backstory: I've been a HUGE Phoenix/Dark Phoenix fan ever since she first emerged from Jamaica Bay way back in Uncanny X-Men 101. Byrne and Austin's run on X-Men secured her a spot as one of my top five favorite, if not my overall favorite, superhero/villian of all time. Fast forward 40 years (Really? 40 years? Man, time does fly.) and I get the aforementioned e-mail from SS teasing not just a Dark Phoenix figure, but one in the Premium Format line. It was THE best Christmas present I got! LOL!

I've never ponied up the cash to buy anything from SS, but Dark Phoenix is likely a figure I simply will not be able to pass up. My hope is that the teaser photo is just basically a mock up so they would, indeed, have something to tease us with. I'm really hoping that whomever is sculpting the figure will use the Byrne/Austin rendition as a strong influence. The way they were able to make her face both sexy and frightening at the same time is something I've always loved and seeing that in three dimensions would send my geek heart into orbit. When I first saw the Batgirl Premium Format figure, I studied Barbara Gordon's facial structure and thought "Man, wouldn't it be great to see a Phoenix/Dark Phoenix executed at this level." Fingers crossed.

I, too, am hoping that they will do a couple of variant heads/faces as well as a normal, green and gold version of the Phoenix. I have both versions of the Kotobukiya figure and love those to death. Would be really, really cool for them to find some way of incorporating the actual Phoenix effect into the overall piece, as well (as they did the big, ring-generated fist on the GL PF figure). I'm sure it would drive the price point up, but, hey, in for a penny, in for a pound, eh?

Can't wait to see more of this figure as it evolves!

I really hope this figure isn't too expensive as I've already put deposits down on the Aquaman PF and the Hot Toys Rey and BB-8 figures.

Back