Dark Knight Headsculpts from C. Howes- Alfred, Dent, Gordon, Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget that Chris DOES have a Job as a sculptor OUTSIDE of this, which he does for fun. His Real job and his livelihood do take precedence over this. Just a little info I'm Privy too. I know he's having some Major Stress with a Work-related project he's working on at the moment, and it's been eating up ALOT of his time. SO it might be a bit before he can get back to us, as well, a man's gotta eat, right? :lol

Take your time Chris, Do what you've got to do, and do the best job you can. WE will still be here I'll wager :)

Well I believe last Chris said that Alfred was almost done.

That is true he has said several times that Alfred is almost finished, just a few light touch ups so if this is true he shouldn't have a problem posting some wip shots of him for us to enjoy, right ?

Let's not forget that Chris DOES have a Job as a sculptor OUTSIDE of this, which he does for fun. His Real job and his livelihood do take precedence over this. Just a little info I'm Privy too. I know he's having some Major Stress with a Work-related project he's working on at the moment, and it's been eating up ALOT of his time. SO it might be a bit before he can get back to us, as well, a man's gotta eat, right? :lol

Take your time Chris, Do what you've got to do, and do the best job you can. WE will still be here I'll wager :)

:lecture

Patience is a virtue.

Are you implying that Chris could be ripping people off?!? Or have I missed your point.

I wasn't implying anything. All I was suggesting is that people have a right to ask about something they have already paid for esp, when said item has been almost finished and I promise to post pics next week for several months now. Thats all. Not impatient, just curious.

trust me, chris is legitimate, he's just backlogged with a work project. several people on the boards here are in regular correspondence with him. he'll finish this, just give him some time.

I'm gonna qoute myself again not because I bought from Chris but I am patiently waiting to see his stuff. Just because of current dealings, I decided to wait and pay the extra price if I decide to purchase due to previous experience. Please don't take this as me being an arse, I just think customizers could help themselves a little if they planned these commissions out a little more.

I think I ordered this around the same time along with several other commissions...so far I have only recieved the one I ordered from Hurricane...and that was last summer.

I don't mind the wait, but it would seem to me that if you are going to require payment (and this isn't directed at Shawn specifically, just a general statement for all customizers who take on commissions) in full before any work starts, you should probably try and produce the item in some type of agreed time frame between you and the patron. I understand that art, design and the engineering that goes into these takes time (I'm an architect, we deal with the same types of things except our end product is different) but I think Les has the right idea going forward with only charging a partial amount upfront and requiring the remaining balance upon completion. It is not only fair, but it would eliminate the need to come up with additional funds not generated by the commission needed to ship it. And if unforseen things in production should arise, you can explain that to the patron and ask for additional funds. That's a lot easier to swallow in the beginning than in the end when you have waited over a year for something and the reality is there is not enough cash flow to follow through. It would also make it easier for that patron to find another buyer given that their buyout cost would be much lower.

Shawn, I hope you can deliver soon so you can take some other commissions cause you make some tight @$$ stuff!

I'm gonna qoute myself again not because I bought from Chris but I am patiently waiting to see his stuff. Just because of current dealings, I decided to wait and pay the extra price if I decide to purchase due to previous experience. Please don't take this as me being an arse, I just think customizers could help themselves a little if they planned these commissions out a little more.

Wheres your problem? Did you look at the first page how many people did already pay? Chris always offers a precasting discount which means that you dont have to pay right now. You can wait until you have seen some pics. Further Chris is very easy to work with. Just take me as an example: I did not pay for the TDK heads yet as I simply dont have the money at the moment but there isnt any problem with it. I am on the list. I was also on the list for House which I had to cancel in favour for some books in university. I have just send Chris a mail and he was absolutly fine with it. Chris is really one of the easiest guys to work with. He always told us that the TDK set is something he is not only doing for us but especially for him as he is on the TDK hype so it is totally understandable that this is one of the slower projects. This is still a hobby...

Hmm.
From the chart on the first page, there are 39 headsculpts requested.
Of these 39, 30 have to be drilled.
Of these 39, 35 have to be painted.
Of these 39, 3 showed paid.

Granted, Kuato is doing the painting, that's still 39 heads to be casted and drilled on this project alone. And these are custom sculpts.

If these were a dime a dozen, from a nationwide established brand, has mass-production capabilities, and quality control was not an issue, the lot could easily pass on quickly, and it's a done deal.

But, I'm guessing that this is a side job on top of a real job, which in the current economy, requires precedence over side jobs. That, and it's a word-of-mouth for these, I'm guessing. If the artist does a crappy job, it gets around, no one buys from them anymore. If the artist does well, he gets more business, more customers, and yet still has the same amount of time required to complete a set.

Either case, it's a custom job. :)

But, it should also be a good lesson learned for those who do take on custom commissions to estimate a given project and plan accordingly, and let those on the list know when to expect them, even with delays.

who knows. *shrug*

Wheres your problem?

This is really all I'm trying to say.

But, it should also be a good lesson learned for those who do take on custom commissions to estimate a given project and plan accordingly, and let those on the list know when to expect them, even with delays.

who knows. *shrug*

I am not trying to bash chris or any other customizer here. But there are guys getting anxious and all I'm saying is if you take cash from these guys and state reveal dates, the guys who have paid are gonna get antsy when the day comes and goes with no pics or products. I'm sure chris is a great guy and I think he does awesome work from what I've seen, but if he told some of the guys here that he would show em something and they have paid their hard earned dough in good faith, he should show em something or they have a right to get a little antsy. Not overly anxious but persistantly curious as to the "goings ons" of said commission.

Chris, can you atleast show a WIP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone put together an outfit for Alfred yet? I'm not sure if I want to go with something screen accurate or a more comic look.

I'll give him the black toys2 suit and a small fatsuit. Maybe a coat dont know.

Which suit? Not that pinstriped thing people use for Bruce, is it?

I'd love a sweater but doubt I'd find anything of the sort. I can't believe all the kitbashes I want to do (Bruce, Scarecrow, Craig Bond, and now Alfred) all need a suit and tie! They aren't easy to come by. Nor are they cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back