Daredevil the Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will for sure do something with the characters, and it's possible some actors like D'Onofrio may return, but I would imagine everyone pretty much will be recast.

Bb4KDEA.jpg

I'd rather Marvel go to a feature film for these guys instead of another series. While I would've liked more CC as Daredevil and see Bullseye evolve, the shows have ran their course and it's time to do something different.

I am curious what Disney will do. I would like to see the cast carry on with these characters. Daredevil is the best out of the Marvel shows for me with Punisher right behind. I don't want to see a relaunch but to see them in MCU would be great.

It’d have to be a straight comic adaptation for me to even bother

Wow last season blows me away. Ep1-4/5ish were so god damn slow and boring though. For those wishing for a movie, do you really think this type of show can do that ??? The acting is just prettt bad by some main players. Karen and foggy could easily ruin a movie.

Wow last season blows me away. Ep1-4/5ish were so god damn slow and boring though. For those wishing for a movie, do you really think this type of show can do that ??? The acting is just prettt bad by some main players. Karen and foggy could easily ruin a movie.

I think trying to stretch the material to fill 10-13 episodes per season had more to do with the boring parts than the actors. That said, none of the actors in these shows are true A-Listers, so a jump to the silver screen seems unlikely.

The narrative just needs to be tighter. The show is really solid, but would hang way better if it was 8-10 episodes. As with nearly all Netflix shows, they suffer from meeting the episode count. If you had that content in a film built on the core of what makes the show good, what makes the amazing episodes so outstanding, then it would work fine. Actors and all.

It’d have to be a straight comic adaptation for me to even bother

I understand the in-universe reasoning behind it, but the tacti-cool costuming feels so played out, I'm just over the exposed armour plates, buckles and straps -- on all superheroes. I'd love to see a great new take on Daredevil but with costuming handled similarly to what they did with Spidey -- it's updated but looks spot-on for the character's visual legacy.

While we have seen a crapload of those types of costumes over the years (I guess starting with Dark Knight?) I think it makes particular sense with Daredevil. He's a street fighter who doesn't have super healing abilities. Spidey has a suit developed by Iron Man, and also does have superhuman speed, strength, Spidey-Sense, can shoot and fly away on webs, and probably recuperative powers on top of it. So he doesn't need to be so concerned with developing something on his own to protect him from the rigors of his work.

While we have seen a crapload of those types of costumes over the years (I guess starting with Dark Knight?) I think it makes particular sense with Daredevil. He's a street fighter who doesn't have super healing abilities. Spidey has a suit developed by Iron Man, and also does have superhuman speed, strength, Spidey-Sense, can shoot and fly away on webs, and probably recuperative powers on top of it. So he doesn't need to be so concerned with developing something on his own to protect him from the rigors of his work.

Yeah, it makes sense ... I think the execution bugs me more than anything else. I don't expect DD to run around in tights, but I've also commented on how in the name of realism the character eats endless punches and damage in the show.

I'd like to see him fight smarter and be more elusive. And given his enhanced senses that's plenty realistic. Try laying a fist on Mayweather in real life, see how far you get with that.

Yeah, I think the writers were pretty strongly influenced by Frank Miller's run on DD, where he was constantly shown to get beaten to hell physically, emotionally, and psychologically. But you would expect a guy with those kinds of powers to really avoid being hit to begin with. In the show random thugs would beat on him way more than they had any right to.

Yeah, I think the writers were pretty strongly influenced by Frank Miller's run on DD, where he was constantly shown to get beaten to hell physically, emotionally, and psychologically. But you would expect a guy with those kinds of powers to really avoid being hit to begin with. In the show random thugs would beat on him way more than they had any right to.

Timing and trained senses are everything. I fought on an amateur level and remember daily training with guys that totally outclassed me. If they didn't want me to hit them, I wasn't going to hit them. Maybe if they made a mistake out of complacency, but that's it. It was like being in the ring with a ghost.

And their timing was ridiculous. There I was trying to "see them" and read them and block, but it was like my hands weren't even up. They could hit me at will.

Contrast that with the slugfests I'd have in fights with guys at my level. Or training junior fighters myself, where I would be tired but able to keep them at bay without even bothering protecting my head, not because I was supremely talented but because I just *knew more* and had *done it longer*.

It was such a graphic lesson in talent, experience and skill. One I'll never forget, and it colours my perception of cinematic fights.

Well I wanted to purchase a physical copy of season one, however I could not find any region one dvd's :gah: :gah: (though I do not want a blu-ray as I do not have a player). :banghead :banghead :banghead

Now to wait for season three to come out :impatient:

Well I wanted to purchase a physical copy of season one, however I could not find any region one dvd's :gah: :gah: (though I do not want a blu-ray as I do not have a player). :banghead :banghead :banghead

Now to wait for season three to come out :impatient:

I know some of the Wal-marts get the Netflix shows on dvd. They usually have them on an endcap with some of the other superhero movies. I saw Cage and Jessica Jones in the last couple of weeks. I didn't look for Daredevil as I already have them on Bu Ray but I am waiting on season 3 and Both seasons of the Punisher

I know some of the Wal-marts get the Netflix shows on dvd. They usually have them on an endcap with some of the other superhero movies. I saw Cage and Jessica Jones in the last couple of weeks. I didn't look for Daredevil as I already have them on Bu Ray but I am waiting on season 3 and Both seasons of the Punisher

Yeah I checked a few wm's to no avail. Welp not too terribly bad, I'll just download digitally.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about season 3 getting a DVD release...I've seen boots on eBay but they go for stupid money better off downloading it from a torrent site it's not like buying the DVD sale will help get another season

Back