Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem is even if Capcom does a remake it they will make them look realistically generic just like 2 & 3 as it seems western audiences prefer the COD look over the classic. but i'm really glad we at least got Remake 1 Jill decades ago.

I don't quite get what you mean by generic like CoD. Are you referring to "realistic"? I don't know if you know this, but capcom has been basing their characters off of real people since REmake 1. Technology has improved so much since the GameCube/ps2 era that the videogame versions of the characters actually look like the real life models now. Even RE4 Leon was based off of a model whose name I don't know.

Unless you're talking about outfits...

the problem is even if Capcom does a remake it they will make them look realistically generic just like 2 & 3 as it seems western audiences prefer the COD look over the classic. but i'm really glad we at least got Remake 1 Jill decades ago.
...What? The new Remakes are nothing like COD. If you want graphics made up of 12 polygons then go play the originals.

When they announced the licensing they only mentioned RE2, so safe to assume thats all they have.

aww hope they'll pick up r3make as well. i would like a carlos and nemesis.

if capcom does remake code veronica or re4, i'm kinda hoping they'll change the story. it's around then when it starts to go nonsensical imo.

aww hope they'll pick up r3make as well. i would like a carlos and nemesis.

if capcom does remake code veronica or re4, i'm kinda hoping they'll change the story. it's around then when it starts to go nonsensical imo.

Totally agree on both points. Carlos and Nemesis definitely. Although I didn't PO the Tyrant, all the pleather scares me.
I think RE Village IS the remake of RE4.
I also feel that RE4 - next in line if they continue after RE3 Remake just released - will be quite different to the RE4 released many years ago. (At least I hope so!)

Yeah no, this logic makes no sense. Technology improves over time capcom wants to make games with the latest modern engine to bring them to life. Like everyone else said who replayed, plus this is the same complaint people had about DMC5 which to me is backwards, because had they done ps2-ps3 graphics like DMC4 people would have complained about it not being better graphics. Just recently Ubisoft announced a Prince of Persia sands of time "Remake". And to me it is not a remake it's a remastered because it looks nothing like modern engine AAA game. It looks like enhanced older graphics.

Yeah no, this logic makes no sense. Technology improves over time capcom wants to make games with the latest modern engine to bring them to life. Like everyone else said who replayed, plus this is the same complaint people had about DMC5 which to me is backwards, because had they done ps2-ps3 graphics like DMC4 people would have complained about it not being better graphics. Just recently Ubisoft announced a Prince of Persia sands of time "Remake". And to me it is not a remake it's a remastered because it looks nothing like modern engine AAA game. It looks like enhanced older graphics.

I could be wrong but i don't think it's the graphics that are being referenced but the actual design of the characters i.e the outfits, in the remakes they are a bit more practical/ modern/ realistic compared to the original designs. like in the remakes Leon is wearing an actual police uniform with a bulletproof vest and in the originals hes.... well idk hes wearing something completely unique and entirely fictional.

Same for DMC, in DMC1 Dante is wearing something entirely unique, but in DMC5 with the exception of the jacket and possibly the boots everything is pretty much store bought.

It's down to the fact with the RE ENGINE Capcom has started to put together the characters suits in real life and if i am not mistake photoscanning them into the engine.

Even though the outfit's are more modern/ realistic i would have to disagree with them being generic.

I could be wrong but i don't think it's the graphics that are being referenced but the actual design of the characters i.e the outfits, in the remakes they are a bit more practical/ modern/ realistic compared to the original designs. like in the remakes Leon is wearing an actual police uniform with a bulletproof vest and in the originals hes.... well idk hes wearing something completely unique and entirely fictional.

Same for DMC, in DMC1 Dante is wearing something entirely unique, but in DMC5 with the exception of the jacket and possibly the boots everything is pretty much store bought.

It's down to the fact with the RE ENGINE Capcom has started to put together the characters suits in real life and if i am not mistake photoscanning them into the engine.

Even though the outfit's are more modern/ realistic i would have to disagree with them being generic.
If that's the case it still isn't a problem because the original outfits where used in RE2R as Preorder bonuses and they look a lot better then what it was when it was first released. I also like how the outfits look in real world setting especially DMC5 Dante's outfit for me is my second favorite the first being from DMC1. The reason because it's grounded enough but still retains it's unique style based on the character. And as far as Leon's outfit he is indeed a police officer so he is wearing the proper clothing. It's still his style as it's unique to him.

Also BBTS has the Lighting Hawk on P.O. so went ahead and got the silver one there as I put my order for the black one at OSK.

I know the PS2 era games were based on real people but they enhanced their look to be unique but they could easily go with more realistic look if they wanted, so it's more of a style choice than what technology could do.

because if they really wanted a realistic look simply because technology didn't allow, they would have done so in the Degeneration movies pretty sure they had the tech to make the people look realistic, even RE5, Revelations 2 could have done it.

put it this way, put the remakes in normal outfit in normal settings and maybe different hairstyles and many people who knows resident evil may be able to recognize they are Jill, Leon, Claire or Ada. This is what i meant when they look generic it's more about their facial design. And i don't know who they referred to for Remake 3 Jill but it seems rather than keeping the unique features Capcom decided to water them down to make them look average.

someone pointed out DMC, well, no matter how you change their styles they will still be easily recognizable. maybe i won't be able to tell between Dante vs Vergil coz they suppose to be identical?

In regards to the faces, some of models names are Eduard Badaluta (Leon), Jordan Mcewen (Claire), Sasha Zotova (Jill). These are not "average" looking people.

In regards to costumes in Remake 2/3, yes, they are redesigned, look less "gamey". I could see how someone might not recognize the characters from the redesigned costumes.

for the most part i do like the remade costumes for the remakes. leon's looks so much better, claire looks less tacky, ada still doesn't makes sense(like, why), love the hair on carlos (and would be hell to make in figure form).

jill looks too much like tomb raider 2.0 though. even the "classic" costume in the game looks bad.

DaSaru hit the nail on the head with my thoughts of the REmake outfits, Jill's characterization made her feel like a different character (although you could argue that everyone in RE1 is kind of cookie-cutter and bland anyway) and her outfit looks way too "Action Game 2: Action Harder" generic.

In regards to the faces, some of models names are Eduard Badaluta (Leon), Jordan Mcewen (Claire), Sasha Zotova (Jill). These are not "average" looking people.

In regards to costumes in Remake 2/3, yes, they are redesigned, look less "gamey". I could see how someone might not recognize the characters from the redesigned costumes.
I'd say all of the models for the new games are quite average. Especially the Sasha for Jill. Julia Voth had more of a unique look when they used her back in the day. Though that look has faded over the years.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm very surprised.

I regret ordering early on from ToysBuyingAgent. I assume this means US retailers will be able to get a better price now.

Well, I do prefer to buy from a US dealer, but I didn't realize TBA was free shipping, so that's a nice bonus.

I imagine the stateside price will be closer to $260 when you factor in a pre-order discount.

well Leon looks like Jude Law with shorter face. maybe just my opinion.

Back