Statue DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

end product is usually pretty close to the proto IMO. My only question is where can we order this. The only US base places that sell DAMToys have only had the 1/6 scale figures and not their statues. DAM has done two WARCRAFT movie statues that look fantastic but I haven't had any luck finding them anywhere in the US. and the few listings in China say they're $1500 so who knows what China will charge for this :(
I just e-mailed BBTS to see if they'll carry this. Probably won't hear anything until tomorrow at earliest.

Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Feeling more confident in their Assassin's Creed line after seeing this.

If this license is for T2:3D, is it possible we can collectively cross our fingers for some 1/6 stuff too?
Would love to see another DAMTOYS and Blitzway team up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very good, but glad I'm not a completist.
I'm content with the Battle Damaged Enterbay version.

Is the paint throwing it off because that raw sculpt looks amazing.

I just e-mailed BBTS to see if they'll carry this. Probably won't hear anything until tomorrow at earliest.

cool thanks for doing that. here's hoping :pray:

I'm hoping we see more T2 products from this company. I have zero faith in Hot toys at this point.
:goodpost:
The new era of statues with PVC faces.
I'm so torn because they look great but not sure how they will look alongside the polystone statues!!!

Just when I think they perfect something, it gets better.

142539i7tplckd75pja27t.jpg

The likeness seems to be strongest in this pic IMO. Not sure if others would agree. I like the way the light is catching his eyes.

Yeah it does look pretty spot on there, the hair is definitely off though. This will probably look a hundred times better in person.

no ES?

Yeah it does look pretty spot on there, the hair is definitely off though. This will probably look a hundred times better in person.

I'd make his hair slightly taller at the front - it also needs indentations and more distinction between hair strands because it just looks too compact and neat.

More like this old Trevor Grove sculpt

except I've always thought this was a smidge too long on top. So lengthwise I'd put it somewhere between what it is and what Trevor sculpted there.

Yeah that would make this statue so much nicer than it already is. The hair is more rounded than the DX13, which at least had some individual spikes and what not. Are you getting this a-dev?

Yeah that would make this statue so much nicer than it already is. The hair is more rounded than the DX13, which at least had some individual spikes and what not.

Man, you're being harsher on it than me. I wouldn't go that far :lol

Are you getting this a-dev?

Ohhh...I don't know. I just don't know. I've never bought a statue before, mixed media or otherwise. The price isn't too bad provided the quality holds up. I just worry I'd be opening the door to Alien statues, Robocop statues, Predator etc. That's the way it always goes.

Man, you're being harsher on it than me. I wouldn't go that far :lol

Dude his hair looks like a straight up mini fro on this one. :lol

Ohhh...I don't know. I just don't know. I've never bought a statue before, mixed media or otherwise. The price isn't too bad provided the quality holds up. I just worry I'd be opening the door to Alien statues, Robocop statues, Predator etc. That's the way it always goes.

C'mon, you know you want to. :lol

I really don't know if im getting this either.

Dude his hair looks like a straight up mini fro on this one. :lol

C'mon, you know you want to. :lol

I really don't know if im getting this either.

For me the fro criticism applies the most to DX13 with the uniform rounded shape it creates to the entire head. This at least looks more definitively like the hair is tighter or shorter or lying flatter on the sides and the back than it is on top.

Shapewise I'd compare it more to my DX13 mod in the pic below (just with unfortunately less defined indentations and hair spikes) and much less so the unmodded stock DX13 sculpt.

Yeah looking at the Dx13 again and at your picture, it does look just as bad if not worse. But for some reason I think its more excusable at 1/6 than at 1/4.

I'm gonna have to yield Arnold hair-criticising duties to you and Snake Plissken in that case. Maybe I just don't got it anymore. :lol

For me the worst offender is DX13, followed by DX10, then Enterbay clean sculpt, then this.

The best ones being Enterbay BD, NECA Pescadero Escape (and thus their new 1:4 figure) and Trevor Grove's old Sideshow sculpt.

no sunglasses? haha

Arnie not wear sunglasses on Cyberdyne shootout scene. He just wear sunglasses until Sarah hospital rescue.

The hair is rather too short, it's looks like him in Commando.

Holy ****!

Back