1/6 Daftoys Batman Begins - Scarecrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just like to double-check if we are getting a stand with the figure? I know product details states a 1x figure stand but there is not a single photo of it. Does anyone know which one we are getting? It is going to be similar to Bane set stand?

Also, anyone has any news regarding the release date?

Thank you!

I would just like to double-check if we are getting a stand with the figure? I know product details states a 1x figure stand but there is not a single photo of it. Does anyone know which one we are getting? It is going to be similar to Bane set stand?

Also, anyone has any news regarding the release date?

Thank you!

Yes, the specs on multiple retailers' listings state that a stand is included, but don't show a photo of it.

Conversely, the photos show two sculpts, but every listing states only one. :cuckoo:

Not heard any news on release date though.

Now in stock at OSK:

161985774_1730988213746920_6448317514768763995_o.jpg

Being somewhat of a completionist on the lines collect, Scarecrow had been on my list.

But honestly, this design sucked from day one. They missed a huge opportunity on the design of the character. I realize Nolan wanted to keep things real, but with what the character represented, and his methodology, he could have amped up the design quite a bit and still maintained the real feel.

Still on the fence.
I mig have jumped if the price was about 80 dollar lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the first knock-off Scarecrow figure and it came out very nice. I think this one is indeed comparable.

I definitely prefer the non-nightmare version of the head sculpt, though.

I have the first knock-off Scarecrow figure and it came out very nice. I think this one is indeed comparable.

That old 'no-name' figure listed only as Headplay, which I think was a catch-all term for bootlegs at the time, is still really something.

It's only problem was being too tall, so I put him on a HT slim.

I was going to put the maggot head on the 'Headplay', and keep the new one in just the suit and not use the clean strait jacket.

I have another figure ready for the extra head to make a random sackhead slasher to go with the horror collection, because it's such a creepy look.

Ideally I'd use it to make a more classic looking scarecrow, though I don't know where to start with that at the moment.

Ended up listening to all of this yesterday while doing other things:

https://horrormoviepodcast.com/horr...ry-scarecrows-part-1-aka-straw-headed-horror/

I think this new figure provides a sweater, where as the Headplay version didn't.

Great idea to have the maggot head on one and the regular on the non-straight-jacket look.

Another option, if display space allows it, would be to have him riding a horse. Someone set theirs up this way, some years ago, and I always liked it.

(my apologies but I don't remember who's this is, so can't provide proper credit):

34.jpg

I think this new figure provides a sweater, where as the Headplay version didn't.

Yes, this one is a cross between BB and TDK. The sleeveless sweater should go onto the Headplay figure with the blue tie. As I'm keeping the strait jacket on that one it would be a waste. The new version's suit is likely better tailored so will be best to display without the strait jacket, and since I rarely make my figures scene specific I'll keep the sweater on.

FlyAndFight said:
Great idea to have the maggot head on one and the regular on the non-straight-jacket look.

I'll have to see what looks best when I have it in hand. Again, if it was scene specific I think the maggots only appear when he's wearing just the suit.

FlyAndFight said:
Another option, if display space allows it, would be to have him riding a horse. Someone set theirs up this way, some years ago, and I always liked it.

(my apologies but I don't remember who's this is, so can't provide proper credit):

View attachment 509383

I remember those photos and was inspired for a while, but never got a horse for him.

Used to have that horse in the photo - Dragon's Blitz from the Horst and Blitz set. I sold him when I cleared out a lot of old Dragon figures, but wish I kept most of it now.

For the third sculpt a psycho sackhead serial killer wasn't going to do it.

I really wanted a more classic movie killer scarecrow, but also inspired by the DC Scarecrow in the comics. I've been racking my brains about what parts I had that could work.

This is what I came up with this morning:

51073496051_d5b9a0285f_z.jpg

I needed trousers that would be baggy enough to be tied at the ankle and bunch up, and remembered I had a 20+ year-old bootleg Indiana Jones in the attic. I painted them with an acrylic wash. The same figure also supplied the boots.

The top is a bootleg Wolverine Origins shirt worn backwards. The mantle is two pieces of suede stitched together haphazardly along the shoulder line.

For extra creep factor I used a spare pair of Groot's bendable hands, but also tried a pair of Sideshow Raiders Indiana Jones gloves to turn him back into Jonathan Crane:

51072843878_923dede044_z.jpg

Review by Third Party Reviews

Looks pretty good, especivally the maggot head. the jacket could use some weathering though.

Review by Third Party Reviews

Looks pretty good, especivally the maggot head. the jacket could use some weathering though.

Thanks for posting that.

It does look like the maggoty sculpt would be better on the Headplay with the burnt looking strait jacket.

Now that I know what I'm doing with the three heads, I pulled the one off the Headplay and put it on the custom:

51075302437_42f01bfae7_z.jpg

(I'll have to sandpaper the underside of the suede and retry the water treatment to make it follow the contours of the body).

EDIT

I made him a hat:

51076092801_34c12a300b_z.jpg

As inspired by the Diamond Select statue:

Diamond-Select-DC-Comic-Gallery-Scarecrow-01.jpg

The hat made him too tall for the horror shelf. :slap

...so he'll have to be Dr. Jonathan Crane full time. :lol

51075482668_491babed2a_o.jpg

Hmmmm. I like the weathered straightjacket from the Headplay kit but the maggoty head in the Daftoys set is really nice...

Back