1/6 Daftoys Batman Begins - Scarecrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Headplay had a white shirt and blue tie.

The DafToys is a real mish-mash. You'd have to change the shirt for Begins, take the sweater off and change the shoes for Dark Knight, or just put the straitjacket on and cover up the inconsistencies.

I might remove the sweater and straitjacket to have him closer to Dark Knight, and give the maggoty head to the Headplay.

Yeah, he's ready to go for straitjacket look basically -- since you never really see the tie.

But standard BB or standard TDK will require getting some other parts as you said.

Truthfully, isn't the suit a little gray for TDK...? Seems Scarecrow suit was more blue in that scene to contrast with the dirty brown/tans of the shirt/tie/mask.

Yeah, he's ready to go for straitjacket look basically -- since you never really see the tie.

But standard BB or standard TDK will require getting some other parts as you said.

Truthfully, isn't the suit a little gray for TDK...? Seems Scarecrow suit was more blue in that scene to contrast with the dirty brown/tans of the shirt/tie/mask.

Probably.

But with the lighting and background in this shot they've intended to go for the TDK appearance.:

attachment.php

Dark Knight Scarecrow.jpg

Except they kept the sweater on. And the shoes are wrong.

It's really weird. In trying to offer three looks, they've only actually allowed for one.

In trying to offer three looks, they've only actually allowed for one.

Well put. Although I do like his brown boots better than those black tennis shoes.

I guess an amalgam is OK. I never found Scarecrow's "costume" to be very exciting. One of the Nolan "real elements" that I don't care for... considering where they went with Dent's face or Catwoman's outfit. I guess that's why I always liked the straitjacket look -- at least he looks crazy.

Well put. Although I do like his brown boots better than those black tennis shoes.

I guess an amalgam is OK. I never found Scarecrow's "costume" to be very exciting. One of the Nolan "real elements" that I don't care for... considering where they went with Dent's face or Catwoman's outfit. I guess that's why I always liked the straitjacket look -- at least he looks crazy.

With one already in full costume I'll probably have the Daf in just the suit. It's likely to be better quality than the old Headplay, and with luck the jacket will have working buttons (like the Black Box Riddler) so the lower one can be undone without exposing a popper.

I've always found Scarecrows to be among the creepiest supernatural entities.

When I was about ten I bought a box of comics at a fete. Among them was this one:

latest

That might have been the beginning of my thing with scarecrows. I remember that day so clearly. The fete was in a wooded park, the stalls were inside tents and marquees, it was raining and the sky was so dark. I still have the comic.

Scarecrows are creepy. Silhouettes and shadowy images.

I don't know what movie it was from, but I remember someone in a field at night... scarecrow up on its crucifix, hanging limply... the crunch of fallen dried corn... clouds drift over a full moon... and then that wooden cross is suddenly empty against the night sky -- no more scarecrow... its somewhere in the field... with you... the crunch of dead corn is now heard somewhere else... coming closer...

Scarecrows are creepy. Silhouettes and shadowy images.

I don't know what movie it was from, but I remember someone in a field at night... scarecrow up on its crucifix, hanging limply... the crunch of fallen dried corn... clouds drift over a full moon... and then that wooden cross is suddenly empty against the night sky -- no more scarecrow... its somewhere in the field... with you... the crunch of dead corn is now heard somewhere else... coming closer...

One of the Children of the Corn films? There was a scarecrow in Messengers 2, the first season of Superntural, and there was that strange '80s movie about the robbers who parachute into a field of killer scarecrows!

I've been inspired to go on a scarecrow movie hunt.

One of the Children of the Corn films? There was a scarecrow in Messengers 2, the first season of Superntural, and there was that strange '80s movie about the robbers who parachute into a field of killer scarecrows!

I've been inspired to go on a scarecrow movie hunt.
Don't forget Dark Night of the Scarecrow. I think it was a made for TV movie but I remember it creeping me out as a kid

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't forget Dark Night of the Scarecrow. I think it was a made for TV movie but I remember it creeping me out as a kid

I downloaded a bunch of movies, and that was one of them. I remember watching it years ago. I found that odd '80s one too, Scarecrows from 1988.

I didn't realise there were ten Children of the Corn films. It's the series they just couldn't kill!

I don't remember where my imagination got that bit in the field... it might be that old TV movie. It was from when I was very young. Can't tell if it was a real movie or a dream or an imaginary bit. I don't think it came from the Corn Saga. :lol

I don't remember where my imagination got that bit in the field... it might be that old TV movie. It was from when I was very young. Can't tell if it was a real movie or a dream or an imaginary bit. I don't think it came from the Corn Saga. :lol

I've gone through all ten Children of the Corn. They were pretty all pretty corny (!)

The only actual animated scarecrow was in part III.

Husk (2011) had an animated scarecrow.

Scarecrows (2017) was just a guy with a grudge against trespassers, putting them onto crosses as scarecrows.

Scarecrows (1988), which was actually filmed in 1985, had quite a few scarecrows. When they're on their crosses they're motionless, but when they get to moving they perform rudimentary surgery on the living to replace parts of themselves they've lost!

There were about four or five other scarecrow films (Curse, Return, Revenge, Bride) that turned out to be the worst kind of cheap horror movies.

What you remembered may have come from Messengers 2: The Scarecrow (2009) as I haven't watched that one recently.

I'm about to watch Dark Night of the Scarecrow.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow isn’t bad — it had Charles Durning in it, and was made for TV. Creepy film for its time, and even a bit sad (at least in the beginning).

Dark Night of the Scarecrow isn?t bad ? it had Charles Durning in it, and was made for TV. Creepy film for its time, and even a bit sad (at least in the beginning).

It was more of a ghost story than a scarecrow movie, until right at the end when Bubba's ghost presumably took possession of the straw man.

It was a cut above the really cheap ones, but out of all those movies the only keeper was the '88 Scarecrows.

And back on topic...

BzuaGBO.gif

Back off topic, I found the kind of classic scarecrow slasher I was looking for yesterday: Night of the Scarecrow (1995).

MV5BNjVmMTYyMjQtY2MyZC00ZDliLWIyNjktN2RlNzExYjdmMTNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMxMDM2NjY@._V1_.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-09-08-15h43m51s109.png

image-asset.jpeg

6a017d4117b2c6970c01901d7ddbdd970b-pi

That must have been the movie I was thinking about, no? I remember that button eye.

I might be mixing my scarecrows...

That scene isn't in this film. This one was a warlock who was turned into a scarecrow, and he liked to force his seed down girls' throats (!) A kid takes a leak on his cross, then a supernatural wind kicks up from the broken tomb that contains the warlock's bones in front of the cross. The kid stumbles backwards in terror and scrambles to get away. But the scarecrow doesn't come alive until later, when there's nobody around.

I think it looks good, I wouldn?t know about any other ones lol

Also, where is that Mars Toys Ra?s thread? Can?t find it...
Going to end up with all Nolan villains & no Batman [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Guillermo Del Toro produced Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark has a scarecrow scene just as you described, probably the most modern version of it.

Back