Cyborg Darth Maul Coming in 1/6!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to be rude but genuinely asking, did you not see the "1/6" part in the title? Or are you just new to 1/6? If you're new, then welcome to the hobby

1/6 normally equals out to about 12" tall but of course some figures get leg extenders or just new bodies to have an accurate build to the character they're portraying.

But to answer yur question, this will most likely be about 12" tall maybe taller due to the robotic legs.

:yess::hi5::yess:

Oh ok thanks. Yes Im new to 1/6 scale so is these not statues and they are those star wars 12 inches figures?

Btw I was out of star wars too until I saw 2 things that got me back in. They are the cyborg darth maul and the badass darth talon statues.

Oh ok thanks. Yes Im new to 1/6 scale so is these not statues and they are those star wars 12 inches figures?

Btw I was out of star wars too until I saw 2 things that got me back in. They are the cyborg darth maul and the badass darth talon statues.

That is correct Mike . Welcome to the hobby, and where are you from?

I think the Cyborg Darth Maul is an interesting concept, but I would much more prefer that SS update their past version which I feel lost the battle to Medicom's version.

Totally forgot that this figure had even been hinted, let alone that I'd posted in it almost two years ago. To answer your question, jankatana, there's been nothing further mentioned of this figure since that Ask Sideshow answer.

Now that they were able to produce Grievous, you'd think this might be even more feasible. Thing I'd wonder about, having handled Grievous' spindly chicken legs, is how they'd manage to make something like those support a torso. Think it'd be pretty tough. Grievous can get away with the stand a little better because the cape obscures a lot of it, but Maul needing to have a support stand all the time might be a bit annoying. Still not interested in this as a figure but the engineering would be neat to see.

Ah thats a shame, id love to see more ideas sideshow have on the table, just something non clone trooper to look forward to

Beside a Super Battle Droïd that was hinted (can't remember but we may even have seen a few pre-production graphics on this one) i believe all of Sideshow announced or hinted 1:6 stuff has been POed. Really anxious about this year SDCC as i hope we'll get to hear about or see a few exciting pieces before they go all out on Episode VII stuff next year.

Ah thats a shame, id love to see more ideas sideshow have on the table, just something non clone trooper to look forward to

Yeah, there are so many far more significant characters that they havent touched yet, I dont get why theyre spending so much time on throw away characters, who arent even really characters at all! Theyre just clones and have almost no lines in the movies.

I got a feeling this guy is going to be previewed in May just in time for his "Son of Dathomir" story arc.

I'm super excited for this figure, but as others has stated I'm hoping for a deluxe Darth Maul.

I'd love to see a two pack:

Darth Maul 2.jpg

Darth Maul 3.jpg

I think they'll go with the updated version seen in the Mandalore arc.

Wouldn't mind one that swaps out at the waist just, standard or chicken leg option plus 2 head sculpts standard and larger horns

A swap out waist would be great but probably expensive but if it's done right, I wouldn't mind..Hope we get a dark saber with this one to make it standout more from the premium format.

Totally forgot that this figure had even been hinted, let alone that I'd posted in it almost two years ago. To answer your question, jankatana, there's been nothing further mentioned of this figure since that Ask Sideshow answer.

Now that they were able to produce Grievous, you'd think this might be even more feasible. Thing I'd wonder about, having handled Grievous' spindly chicken legs, is how they'd manage to make something like those support a torso. Think it'd be pretty tough. Grievous can get away with the stand a little better because the cape obscures a lot of it, but Maul needing to have a support stand all the time might be a bit annoying. Still not interested in this as a figure but the engineering would be neat to see.

Diecast legs with 'ratchet' articulation?

Back