CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as Felicity Smoak is alive , expect viewership to plummet. I won't even consider watching Arrow until she's killed off

I don't mind Felicity, but I really like the way she looks in those tight skirts so it's hard to be objective. Olicity is the only problem I have with her on the show. That should have never happened, except maybe as one of Oliver's booty calls from the first two seasons.

They need to go back to season 1 and have a loner Ollie that kills. The crap they are putting out now just isn't working.

I didn't mind that at some point Oliver got with Felicity. It was the script changing angling at that they were soulmates, and she was the love of his life. Didn't they write her into one of her flashbacks (I've only ever re-watched Season 1, so I won't pretend to have a photographic CW memory)

Let's get real here. When the pilot aired, Laurel was his true love, and he spent 5 years stranded on that island becoming the man who was rescued in the opening scenes of the pilot.

I didn't mind that at some point Oliver got with Felicity. It was the script changing angling at that they were soulmates, and she was the love of his life. Didn't they write her into one of her flashbacks (I've only ever re-watched Season 1, so I won't pretend to have a photographic CW memory)

Let's get real here. When the pilot aired, Laurel was his true love, and he spent 5 years stranded on that island becoming the man who was rescued in the opening scenes of the pilot.

:exactly:

It really is a shame how the show derailed after season two. As you said, he was supposed to have been rescued off the island after 5 years but yet the flashbacks show Oliver leaving the island twice before his rescue. WTF?!

Smoak is good to look at. :) I can deal with the sappy romance stuff. Thats going to be injected into all these comic book funny pictures.

Unless you just want all dudes all the time.
erm-ah.gif

:exactly:

It really is a shame how the show derailed after season two. As you said, he was supposed to have been rescued off the island after 5 years but yet the flashbacks show Oliver leaving the island twice before his rescue. WTF?!

Hells teeth, they even change the dialogue of his monologue at the start to reflect the changes. You can't get much more retcon than that.

I know there is the Russian angle which comes in about episode 2 or 3 of Season 1, but I still think they could have found a way of doing that while he was still on the island. Flashback time moves slowly. I believe it's roughly a season a year? But he should have had his archery training as it was pretty much established with his first mentor, and then gone from there.

And.. how long does it take to grow a beard and long hair? (I know all these points have probably been brought up many times in this thread, but I've only been following it a few months). We now obviously have to suspend belief even further to pretend that he is in Russia after several shadowy years, refines his skill of killing people further, ends up back at the island, and still becomes a long haired hermit like Tom Hanks in Castaway..

This show should be so good but we're dealing with this felicity nonsense. She really does ruin the show.
It should just center around green arrow, no team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This show will always have a team. Felicity was fine IMHO. Diggle is the story that is pointless right now.

So GA keeps getting his ass kicked by a two bit gangster?! Shows over people.

He threw the fight to gain 'assistance' from Ragman.

too bad the series thinks he needs a team because this new team is full of absolutely terrible actors,just too hard to watch them bring this series down.At least Diggle and the other's were actors and likeable.Ragman although the most interesting thing in this episode,needs to stay under the Rags.And why is almost every bad guy in this series an expert with a Bow?
Where is Nyssa when we need her.

Same reason The Flash seems to have as many bad speedsters as meta-humans with other powers. So much for being the fastest man alive.. ;)

This show will always have a team. Felicity was fine IMHO. Diggle is the story that is pointless right now.

He threw the fight to gain 'assistance' from Ragman.

First episode he got his ass handed to him when first meeting him and in a close quarter fight in the copter, GA should have an advantage too.
Same goes for Flash getting his ass kicked by The Rival. I don't know what is going on but if you can run fast enough to travel in time, you can out maneuver your opponents in fights...but thats just logic talking.

First episode he got his ass handed to him when first meeting him and in a close quarter fight in the copter, GA should have an advantage too.
Same goes for Flash getting his ass kicked by The Rival. I don't know what is going on but if you can run fast enough to travel in time, you can out maneuver your opponents in fights...but thats just logic talking.

Being the best doesn't mean you can't be beat. :dunno Just ask the 2001 St. Louis Rams.

Comics have decades of the same things these shows have.

Back