CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back. Just watched the finale.

What a horrible season. A horrible finale. And that ending felt like a SERIES finale, rather than a season one.

I don't even know what to say. I feel like the season, as a whole, had so much potential. But I don't know where it went wrong. Maybe it was the random flashbacks that kept me a daze, but this whole thing has been a head scratcher. No disrespect to writers out there, but that's where I think it all went wrong. So much potential with Ra's and that was lost. Break Deathstroke out of prison. Get him to breath some life back into this show. And I hate to say it, but Oliver needs to leave Felicity on wherever their road trip takes them because bleh.

Season three will not be one to reminisce about.

yep, I don't think anyone is enjoying the flashbacks at all. Seems they're just filler and taking away from the main story line. Of course that's been said before.

problem with season 3: predictable.

Flashbacks have got to go
The Felicity 'fake crying/ on her high horse' scenes need to go
Everyone is now a super hero with a costume = bad

yeah, I don't like this whole everyone is a super hero now.

I let it slide for Laurel since she was destined to be Black Canary... but Speedy joining the team is pretty bad. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity gets a costume next season :lol

What do you mean? Did it have something to do with Deadshot?

General Shrieve was shoehorned into the flashbacks after they were told they couldn't use Waller and any of the Suicide Squad anymore. In the present both Waller and A.R.G.U.S. have been replaced by Darhk and H.I.V.E. and its unlikely you'll hear them mentioned again.

All of Arrow's team were supposed to have been taken out by the time we get to the finale, the explosion at Palmer Tech was supposed to happen a few episodes earlier. Laurel and Diggle were missing, I don't know the exact reason but its likely they didn't trust Ollie. I'm told Bane was all set to appear, an actor was cast then they got the call to say they couldn't use him which is weird considering he's not set to appear anywhere else unlike Slade Wilson. I believe this probably robbed us of the most exciting finale they had planned....

With Oliver on his own against Ra's and Bane, Ollie makes a deal with Slade Wilson, apparently Wilson tells Ollie that nothings changed but he'll help him for a price. They face up against Ra's and Bane, with Ollie taking on Ra's and Slade against Bane. I don't know about other people but this excited me when I first heard it was getting discussed.

The final scene in the flashbacks was Ollie boarding a ship to somewhere supposedly to escape A.R.G.U.S.'s influence, that went out of the window too and they may now just have him go back to the island and limit flashbacks to a quarter of the episodes.

General Shrieve was shoehorned into the flashbacks after they were told they couldn't use Waller and any of the Suicide Squad anymore. In the present both Waller and A.R.G.U.S. have been replaced by Darhk and H.I.V.E. and its unlikely you'll hear them mentioned again.

All of Arrow's team were supposed to have been taken out by the time we get to the finale, the explosion at Palmer Tech was supposed to happen a few episodes earlier. Laurel and Diggle were missing, I don't know the exact reason but its likely they didn't trust Ollie. I'm told Bane was all set to appear, an actor was cast then they got the call to say they couldn't use him which is weird considering he's not set to appear anywhere else unlike Slade Wilson. I believe this probably robbed us of the most exciting finale they had planned....

With Oliver on his own against Ra's and Bane, Ollie makes a deal with Slade Wilson, apparently Wilson tells Ollie that nothings changed but he'll help him for a price. They face up against Ra's and Bane, with Ollie taking on Ra's and Slade against Bane. I don't know about other people but this excited me when I first heard it was getting discussed.

The final scene in the flashbacks was Ollie boarding a ship to somewhere supposedly to escape A.R.G.U.S.'s influence, that went out of the window too and they may now just have him go back to the island and limit flashbacks to a quarter of the episodes.

This was a much better way to have plotted out S3. I thought the first 10 episodes of S3 were really good, then all of a sudden the story went in the *****ter. This was probably the point where the writers were told to ditch references to Waller and Suicide Squad. Sucks because that really hurt the show this year. Stupid DC. Don't know how to properly manage their tv and movie characters. :slap

This season was way too soap opera-like. This is beyond sexist but I totally lost interest anytime we got in to female hero time. I'm done with the Laurel, Felicity and Speedy portions of the show. I want the Arrow back as the lead of the show next year.

I don't find anything remotely sexist about your comment. If you said you lost interest because they were female, then, yeah, it probably would be, but the fact of the matter is that, most of the time, their female characters are just very poorly written. The only exceptions were really Sara and Caitlin on The Flash. Iris seems to be getting her groove on Flash, and I feel like, though she has a long way to go, if they keep building on Laurel, she could go the same route.

The worst thing that could've happened to Felicity, as far as I'm concerned, is all of the fanboys and girls and their "'shipping." It's understandable that the producers would see the reception and be like "wow, they love her! Let's give them more Felicity," but they took an otherwise likeable character and used her so much that we don't ever want to look at her again (Felicity, not Emily Bett Rickards; she's still fantastic :lol).

It's kind of like when you're eating something really, really sweet. You have to have it in small bites, or else the richness is overpowering, and then, you accidentally get too much, and it's so sickeningly sweet that it almost gives you a sore throat, and you can't eat any more for a long, long time, since it's no longer palatable.

This was a much better way to have plotted out S3. I thought the first 10 episodes of S3 were really good, then all of a sudden the story went in the *****ter. This was probably the point where the writers were told to ditch references to Waller and Suicide Squad. Sucks because that really hurt the show this year. Stupid DC. Don't know how to properly manage their tv and movie characters. :slap

You can see why Manu Bennett was so p***ed now, here they where giving him one hell of a finale and they end up showing him getting beat by Thea. I have a funny feeling that Bane will appear on Gotham now so it looks like they'll get the preference over all DC characters.

There is a certain irony to this show, in that the people they cast to be be major characters where very bland and the actors they cast as supporting characters were more intriguing. For example I am sure they meant to keep Laurel as the primary love interest but there was zero chemistry, and Sarah comes along and overshadows Laurel. Felicity was great as comic relief and supporting character and once they moved her forward she got preachy and uninteresting. Diggle was a throw away character but Ramsey did such a great job in understating the portrayal he turned him into a key player. The writers have seemingly reacted to fans tastes and in many cases, overdid it.
I think the biggest problem is that the DC universe is being handled by executives focused on profit rather than being focused on a product that generates a profit. It is apparent that they dismissed Marvel as if they had a a little luck with a couple movies and before they knew it there was this established juggernaut and they scrambled to try and secure a piece of the market. Their films and TV seems to be driven by focus groups and market research rather than creative vision. Man Of Steel for example, market research says fans like dark themes and lots of explosions. There is no cohesive direction and that led to the separation of TV and film. Arrow started off very good, then the higher-ups dictated who could be used on TV and caused a drastic change in the show, leaving the writers and directors to scramble and build something out of scraps. Marvel is suffering from the same thing with AoS but doing it right with Daredevil and Netflix.
I hope someone takes the wheel because right now the Flash is the best thing DC has going. I'm hoping Dawn of Justice wows and that Arrow can find an identity beyond Batman-lite.

I don't find anything remotely sexist about your comment. If you said you lost interest because they were female, then, yeah, it probably would be, but the fact of the matter is that, most of the time, their female characters are just very poorly written. The only exceptions were really Sara and Caitlin on The Flash. Iris seems to be getting her groove on Flash, and I feel like, though she has a long way to go, if they keep building on Laurel, she could go the same route.

Haha I never know especially with that being the cause du jour of the internet now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally watched the finale last night and absolutely hated it. I don't even think I'm going to bother making a list of the stuff I didn't like because it's easier to just say "all of it". This season turned out to be a complete waste of time. At this point I'm happy if they just make that last episode the series finale and don't bother coming back for another season.

Finally watched the finale last night and absolutely hated it. I don't even think I'm going to bother making a list of the stuff I didn't like because it's easier to just say "all of it". This season turned out to be a complete waste of time. At this point I'm happy if they just make that last episode the series finale and don't bother coming back for another season.

:lol

Right? It's like ... WTF is this show doing?

Can't wait for flash to be honest. We still got legends of tomorrow. Wonder how that's gonna turn out.

Very interesting.

TBH I didn't really notice anything different or worse about this season, but looking back I guess I could say it was kinda average and by the numbers. I didn't like the flashbacks which seem like they're just trying to make anything up to fill up the time. And I also thought the end felt like a series finale.

I hope they don't reboot the season with Barry--that would really make it all seem like a waste of time!

:lol

Right? It's like ... WTF is this show doing?

Can't wait for flash to be honest. We still got legends of tomorrow. Wonder how that's gonna turn out.

I kind of feel like they could have ended Arrow and then make a tv universe Justice League type show instead of Legends of Tomorrow, consisting of: Green Arrow, Black Canary (Laurel), Atom, Hawkgirl and whomever else, and make each episode a mission/takedown. No love interests, no BS, no Felicity :lol

Watched the finale yesterday. Absolute waste of time. If next season isn't a huge improvement over this one, this show won't be worth watching.

Back