CUSTOMIKEY GOES NUTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch said:
I wish you would have said something earlier LOTRFan, I just bought a Palps on eBay the other for only $20.60 shipped. Not bad at all considering he was $19.99 + tax in stores.

Sorry, I wish I had seen the thread sooner. :eek:

That sounds about right for the price though, $20 shipped. :emperor

Buttmunch said:
So Mikey, don't up the price on me yet! He's coming though. Right now I have an Art S. Buck Sideshow figure, the old Palps robes and cane, and now the new Palps coming. All I really need is the lightning, boots, and alternate hands, which I don't need right away to have a good Palps. :emperor

Let's see here...
If you are planning to do the lightening (at least the way I did it), you'll need a set of (deleted), and an (deleted), for the (deleted), again (deleted), or even (deleted) would do it, and the (deleted) are modified from the (deleted), and also some repainted (deleted). That, combined with what you are getting (and a bit of talent in painting, gluing, and sewing) is all you'd need to make a comparable Emperor. Good luck!!

By the way, at this point, I can't promise that I'd be willing to build up or paint another Sidious. I'm sort of depending on the understanding that the one up for auction is the only one I'll ever make. Who knows what may happen down the line, but for now, the one I made is it.

I'm overwhelmed by all the attention, and extremely grateful that everyone likes what I've done. Thank you very much, guys.

EDIT: Customikey's secret recipe has been deleted. Congrats to everyone who saw the list and wrote it down. :) :rotfl

Last edited:
I can build the Sidious. I just need someone to paint him. I've never been good at painting. Hasbro work looks like Sideshow quality compared to my painting. :lol I just need the head and hands (possible the forearms?) painted. I can do the rest. I understand if you can't/don't want to do it though. Thanks for the better list of things I need. :emperor

Customikey said:
Let's see here...
If you are planning to do the lightening (at least the way I did it), you'll need a set of (deleted), and an (deleted), for the (deleted), again (deleted), or even (deleted) would do it, and the (deleted) are modified from the (deleted), and also some repainted (deleted).

EDIT: Customikey's secret recipe has been deleted. Congrats to everyone who saw the list and wrote it down. :) :rotfl

YEAHH....way to go..dont share your secrets on this amazing piece... If you want one, give Customikey a thousand bucks !!!

Shaihulud said:
YEAHH....way to go..dont share your secrets on this amazing piece... If you want one, give Customikey a thousand bucks !!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

For $1,000, I'll even throw in a base!
Let it not be said that I am not generous.:rolleyes:

EVILFACE said:
Or wait for Sideshows for $50.

No way SS will be able to do a Sidious that looks as good as his custom job. Just ain't happening.

EVILFACE said:
I don't see why not. The custom is good, but isnt that mindblowing.

Darn. And here I thought 100% of people loved Palpy. Now I have perspective AND pre-order funds!! I'm a lucky guy.:rotfl

I wish I could say I was pocketing the money, but most of it goes directly to Sideshow.

Seriously though, no one is salivating more than me to see what Sideshow has in store for The Emperor. I want it to be incredible so badly. And if it's not...*brandishes paintbrush*.

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers... hoping that the SSC Palpatine is as great as I want it to be... He is, afterall, the mastermind behind everything evil in Star Wars. Give the man a great figure!!

or else....:emperor

I really cant see SS goffing Palpatine, or any SW character for that matter....I think the SW line and the LOtR line will have nothing but the BEST SS has to offer(at least I hope so)

kingdarkness03 said:
I really cant see SS goffing Palpatine, or any SW character for that matter....I think the SW line and the LOtR line will have nothing but the BEST SS has to offer(at least I hope so)

I hope so too, since I've sold just about all my LOTR and SW customs to prepare!

A mere five hours left on these....

Customikey said:
If this sort of bidding continues, I really might go nuts.
You'll need beer to go with those nuts. I guess we know who's going to buy the next round! :duff

Wor-Gar said:
$385... Do I hear $390?

Mikey, you must be thinking, why didn't I sell these before?

Not really. I'm still sad to see them go. So far, it looks like most of them might go to one bidder, which would be cool. I'd love to keep them together. Would have been awesome to have someone here win them.

As it is, I'm glad I kept them as long as I did. I really enjoyed making them and displaying them. Ben Kenobi and Palpatine were the jewels of my collection. Parting with them is still hard, because of all the time invested in getting them just right. But I think, with all these pre-orders coming up, and the clear knowledge that I WILL be buying Sideshow's versions, it was time to cash in and send them off to someone else who will enjoy them anew.

Back