Custom GERMAN MECHANIC Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks absolutely ____ing great.

that is really alsome..i read every post to see how this turned out..will you update again..i want to see more...

Looks fantastic Wor-Gar. Congratulations man!!

This looks real nice!

Amazing. You nailed that mo'. Incredible work. That head was a great find, but the mods you did were actually pretty significant. Getting rid of that goatee and making it all look good would have been tough.

Let's see a little match up with Indy!

WOW! THANK YOU ALL for the very kind words. Makes me feel good about my bash.

Once I get my Indy 'dirtified' I'll definitely set up a fight! I wonder how hard it would be to build a propellor...? :D

FinalGerman1.jpg

F'n Awesome work!!! Wow, this one really came together quickly at the end :rock :rock :rock

Really impressive bloodwork; that really puts him over the top :rock

WOW! THANK YOU ALL for the very kind words. Makes me feel good about my bash.

Once I get my Indy 'dirtified' I'll definitely set up a fight! I wonder how hard it would be to build a propellor...? :D

FinalGerman1.jpg

Just go to a hobby shop that sells RC planes. The Flying Wing has a three bladed prop, just buy a couple of regular two bladed ones and graft a extra blade, paint it black with some stripes and it will be a nice backdrop.

So I scored this head on eBay. How much did you pay for the Barney body, and are any other figs the same set-up (seems like Odin has the chest, but not the arms)? There's a new HT Barney coming, so might be a chance to get one for an okay price, but this thing is well over $100 and only a few for sale...:(

Very nice - I like it. Now forget the propellor.. Build the whole flying wing !!! That would be awesome. Seriously tho, a back drop for the fight would be pretty cool.

That's a cool figure you've put together Greg. :) I know how big a Raiders fan you are and seeing this complete pleases me no end. You know we're all waiting for the fight shots ? :lol

I like how you've managed to pull off the sunburned look, how did you do that ? I'd like to give my Indy a sun tan.

Happily surprised to see this floated back up today...

So I scored this head on eBay. How much did you pay for the Barney body, and are any other figs the same set-up (seems like Odin has the chest, but not the arms)? There's a new HT Barney coming, so might be a chance to get one for an okay price, but this thing is well over $100 and only a few for sale...:(

Barney is the same as Whiplash and Odin but as you said Odin is missing the arms. Also, the Noland body is the same and is pretty cheap but it would require a complete repaint (joints will be the problem).

I paid about $80 for the Barney body shipped. Got lucky relative the the usual sales price, but it was still very, very pricey. I actually didn't think I'd win it at that price and wasn't counting on it.

The new Barney body should be had for much cheaper at first, probably $40-$50 for a couple months so its worth waiting for.

Very nice - I like it.

Wow! I just read the whole thread and you've got me hooked on this one. You did a fantastic job on this guy.

Thanks guys! It's always good to hear! :)

That's a cool figure you've put together Greg. :) I know how big a Raiders fan you are and seeing this complete pleases me no end. You know we're all waiting for the fight shots ? :lol

I like how you've managed to pull off the sunburned look, how did you do that ? I'd like to give my Indy a sun tan.

Thank you, Paul! I just did a basic wash with heavily watered down red acrylic. The "rubber" body really absorbs color quickly and tints fast so you don't need much to start affecting the color. Go slow.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

As much as HT has raised the bar, I still enjoy building customs and sorting out the outfit parts. It feels really good when it all comes together.... even if its not "HT perfect".

Before-Aftershave.jpg

Just needs some touch-up paint and blood.

I also "pinned" the ears so he didn't look like Goonies' Sloth.

Before-Afterearpinning.jpg

So did you just attack his face with a light sandpaper to get rid of the goatee? And did you do a V slice behind the ears to get them to sit back, or did you just push them back and glue?

So did you just attack his face with a light sandpaper to get rid of the goatee? And did you do a V slice behind the ears to get them to sit back, or did you just push them back and glue?

Yes, and yes. Sandpaper assault :lol and a V-cut behind the ears. Very easy.

Just go slow with the sandpaper and use a very fine paper. You will have to repaint the chin of course after. But going "bloody" really helps so you don't have to worry about matching the paint so much.

The new Barney body should be had for much cheaper at first, probably $40-$50 for a couple months so its worth waiting for.

Hope they do Dolph or other characters, probably use the same body as Barney and be more plentiful loose.

Yes, and yes. Sandpaper assault :lol and a V-cut behind the ears. Very easy.

Just go slow with the sandpaper and use a very fine paper. You will have to repaint the chin of course after. But going "bloody" really helps so you don't have to worry about matching the paint so much.

Did you sculpt much of a mo'?

Best german mechanic EVA

Wow! -- Thanks! :1-1:

Did you sculpt much of a mo'?

I tried to sculpt it at first but it is so small it just wasn't worth it. Instead, I just took my exacto blade and made matching "hairline" cuts into the upper lip area giving the illusion of a wider moustache once painted. In the movie the moustache covers his upper lip anyway.

Back