My Action Man/ GI Joe 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big guy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Really enjoying the direction of 6 inch figures wearing clothing. Brings me back to the old LION ROCK, Little Bigman days in the 70s/80s.

Now however with thinner material, high articulated figures and of course MEZCO, 3A, Vortex toys etc who do clothed 1/12. It has rekindled that passion, so much so I stopped collecting 1/18th and 1/6th as to me with clothing and figures 1/12 has the Best of Both Worlds right here.
Plenty of vehicles and aircraft, plenty of weapons and clothing via brands as well as hand sewn.

Then I found a chap selling these smaller Action Man/Joe headsculpts withh flocked hair and also beard versions & also TOM Stone with or without. I just knew what direction I needed to go.
The body types are various with Mezco, Madelman and even my own Frankenstein body being used as base.

I have done ACU, Desert British DPM, Flecktarn uniforms so far as well as tactical kit. My favouite though are the 1/12 Wooly Pullies. I used old Action Man Jumpers to make the 1/12 versions. So kept it in the family lol

Also the Action Man/ GI JOE Motorpool had some vehicles that never quite sat right with the 12" figures, however look to work very well with the 6" versions. MTV truly is a command Vehicle now, PowerHog is a Go Anywhere Amphibious 6w ATV for starters. Plan to get the Mobile Command sometime as that has so much potential.

Anyway here's some photos of my 6" custom ACTION MAN/GI JOES.

zzzzzzam10.jpgzzzzzzjoe9.jpgzzzzzzam9.jpgzzzzzzam3.jpgzzzzzzam.jpgzzzzjoe tee.jpgzjoe.jpgzzzzzzcamp.jpgzzzzzzbooze run.jpgzbritosprey.jpgzzzzzmtv.jpgzzzzzzzzacu.jpgzzzzzzzrogers.jpgztactblk2.jpgztact ksk1.jpg

Back