Custom GERMAN MECHANIC Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANK YOU all so much for the kind words and support. :bow

I know the figure is not a perfect match to the source, and I'm not a true artist like Rahmier, Ferraro and so many others here, but this is a character I have been working on (and planning) for a very long time as you can tell by the start date on this project (2011) it's been a long time coming. He stands about 13 inches tall and I hope to get some pictures with my Indy up here soon.

So I thought I'd have a little fun and maybe bring back some enthusiasm for characters other than Indy himself in this section. I have 5 other new figures as mentioned, and I plan to post one a week for the next 5 weeks.

I'll try to answer the specific questions now...

Awesome job, Wor. Just went back through the entire thread and saw the evolution. :clap

Yeah, my last attempt is pretty laughable now. I suppose in a few years so will this one be.

Here's the evolution from the old 2012 versus to the new one. The height difference is about accurate...

2012 vs 2018 Mechanic Wor-Gar  (1).jpg

Nice work, mate! What body is that?

The new body is Storm Collectibles Hulk Hogan which I had been trying to get for a good price for years...

The head is actually the same old head from 2012 (Steve Austin the wrestler) that I doctored up...

He looks amazing.

Hemble, I'm so glad you stopped in -- one of the new figures that I upgraded is one I got from you long ago. I really hope you like what I did.

Outstanding... only advice I have is to fix the boot gaiters.. they should cover the top of the boots.. what body/head is that ?

PS... you need my custom Cairo Swordsman !:lol:lol I'll let it go at a reasonable price bro !:lol:lol

I'd love to see your Custom Swordsman! I'd also love to get a belt and holster from you, please, please :D

Regarding the gaiters, I was trying to match the shot below -- I think his gaiters came off the top of the boots from all the fighting.

gaiters.jpg

Last edited:
Well... it has been awhile... about 6 years...

...but I have once again updated my GERMAN MECHANIC.

I actually did this upgrade nearly a year ago now but never posted. For about the last 10 months, I have been on a customizing craze with "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and I have finished 6 characters that I have been planning to bash and/or upgrade for years and years. Anyway, I felt it was time to finally reveal this guy before he moves into the "needs an upgrade" category all over again.

These figures are always works-in-progress, so if you have any advice for me please let me know...

View attachment 465245

View attachment 465246

Thanks for looking...

Looks great - do you have any better resolution pics?

I really need to dive into my Indy line-up too. I've been in SW land too long.

Back