Custom GERMAN MECHANIC Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, his arms spread apart a little wider but not as far as he came originally. Split the difference. I'll try and post a new pic later.

I'm going to try and use the old pants on my original figure as I can't find a plain pair of pants that's in a color I can dye yellow.

I'm using a Pierre belt, that DiD figure that looks like Brad Pitt.

I got a pair of green gaiters to try.

Boots I'm still deciding on.

You know me, once I get all the gear and it looks like it will work I'll post pics of the stuff with recommendations. I hate to do that before I test it.

SO, did the figure maintained the pose ?
:)

Well, sort of. It split the difference more or less.

Here's the 3 pics over the course of slowly bending back on its own...

The first frame is where I wanted it, and the next two are where it ended up, the last frame is the original position.

Mechanicarmsmovecomptooriginalonright6-25-11.jpg

I think to make it stick I would have to cut-and-glue in position. Or leave it tied for like 4 weeks then maybe it would hold its placement.

Here's another idea for you guys who prefer articulation....

$(KGrHqF,!hUE2eV-zj7NBN5eB7uhLw~~_35.JPG

The HT Odin body is fairly stout and not real cut. If you could transfer Royce/Dastan arms onto the torso it might work very well for a poseable German Mechanic.

Last edited:
That'd be two "special" HT bodies for one fig but I'd love to see someone give it a go (not mentioning any names, Wor-gar...)

Yep, expensive for sure, especially when the Dastan/Royce body is virtually gone from eBay these days.

But theoretically, if someone had those arms or another HT fig came out with them, the Odin body is fairly cheap. I might grab one anyway, just in case. :D

You'd still need a head though, suppose you could use one of those Wrestle heads all the same.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick with my hardly-poseable Goldberg 'statue' and see if I can't make that work well enough. I still like the general body shape, scale and head for the Mechanic. I'm just hoping a paintjob will make it all work.

Those "sleeves" might work, if you can find them. Not sure they hold up to today's standards though.

Anyway, proceeding with my bash...

Here's Goldberg broken down -- I'm only using the upper torso.

MechanicPantsstretch1.jpg

Should fit nicely on some poseable legs much like my original did... FRANKENSTEIN!

MechanicPantsstretch2.jpg

Just have to stretch out the pants to fit the new, wider waist... but you can see him taking form...

MechanicPantsstretch3.jpg

Stretching pants here, but it just looks funny...

MechanicPantsstretch4.jpg

Now what the hell do I do with these legs?

Hey Mate

I just checked ebay under 1/6 arms and the only thing that would bother me is the rubber good enough quality not to start cracking.

And your mechanic is really taking shape great work so far.

Ron

Pierre belt from DiD -- the Brad Pitt figure.

Hopefully I can get these pants to stretch out because they're perfect. Can't find these anymore. I got to get these a bit looser -- not sure they'll accomodate. I have some play when I remove the snap.

PantsTESTComp.jpg

If anyone -- Hemble I'm talking to you -- has any good 'stretching' methods, please share.

Last edited:
If anyone -- Hemble I'm talking to you -- has any good 'stretching' methods, please share.

Hey mate yeah you can take of the snap like you mentioned and then loosen the waist area by cutting a few threads. Be careful thou don't cut to many.

Or second options is to soak the pants in water and then pull the waist area of the pants so they stretch.

Ron

great project! im eager to see the final version!
maybe i should update my good old mechanic too^^

picture.php

For those few still checking in...

MechanicBODYbuilt7-3-11.jpg

Got the bottom half of the torso done today (you can see by the feet).

Still a bit of a caricature but he's taking shape. I still have to sand off the goatee, the elbow pad and cut the fists off to be replaced with less Bam-Bam scale ones. Then a repaint by one of our resident artists should take this to a whole other level. He's a bit slim-waisted but at least less roided out.

Thanks! :)

Got to tweak the hips a bit -- the lower body is very slim compared to the orginal legs so I had to build up the thighs quite a bit and now the hips bend at an unnatural position. Gonna fix that.

Also, the "Pierre" belt I got is not great -- the buckle is too thin and too small, so I'm going to swap out a large metal buckle on that belt.

Ron: I did in fact use that trick to widen the hips but for the legs I tried the muscle thighs supplied with the HT Advanced Figure as you can see below...

Mechanicbuildinglowertorso1.jpg

Mechanicbuildinglowertorso2.jpg

I cut the swivel connection off of Goldberg and moved it to the Hasbro legs from my old figure. Then used paper towel to make the "diaper" to fill him out. Added the 'thigh' parts last. I had them too low for that picture but moved them higher since, so now he's looking a little better...

Adjustedthighs1.jpg

Trying to train that right hook again.

This is all just a body test at the moment to see that I can put him together in the right way, clothing fits, etc.

Back