Custom G.I.Joe Scarlett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Scarlett i did for commision

Im going to do teela and evil lyn and maybe he man and skeletor. and she-rah characters in 1/6th scale. since im going to school to be a toy designer I want to specialize in 1/6th scale.

Sounds really cool cant wait to see what you make, especially skeletor :)

Sounds like it's going to be some cool stuff. :D

I was going to start with Lulu and take it from there.

Im better with women then men, Im easing into male figures because im still getting use to making their boxy wardrobe.

Doc is my 1st male Im working on. Im working on his shirt this week. his pants are finished. I made socks so his boots would fit better and a white undershirt. The cartoon doc looks more G.I.Joe black male so i popd head off and put it on ttl body.he looks perfect with glasses. I had to paint his hair to look blacker than the dull job hasbro does. I dont think Action figure companies know how to make a decent black male figure. they either look ugly, poor paint job (aka will smith looks like he is dead), Why they havent done head sculpts of really cuite black men in hollywood.

Their is a ton of black men who are attractive enough to use as models for random soldiers that each toy line does.
Here is a short list of men who could look good in action figures.
Boris Kodjoe
Morris Chestnut
Common
laz alonso
kevin hart
Shemar moore
Leon from cool runnings
Shawn Wayans
Jensen Atwood
Omari Harwick
Rick fox (this man is fine)
Chad johnson
lance Gross
Mel Jackson

A few of them would look good as Doc better than obama.

Obama makes a perfect Doc. It is also a cheap and very available sculpt.

Obama headsculpt makes an acceptable doc, right now that is the only head scult to use so of course its the supposed perfect sculpt. I could use the will smith sculpt and say the same thing.
Those are the only two sculpts that are modern to use.

I watched the cartoon and read the comics I know what docs face looks like and its not obama. Plus both head sculpts are not a dark brown like doc has.

Last edited:

Obama headsculpt makes an acceptable doc, right now that is the only head scult to use so of course its the supposed perfect sculpt. I could use the will smith sculpt and say the same thing.
Those are the only two sculpts that are modern to use.

I watched the cartoon and read the comics I know what docs face looks like and its not obama. Plus both head sculpts are not a dark brown like doc has.

Obama works fine on my bash. :huh If you're dead-set on accuracy (which you'll pay a pretty penny for), HotToys' Nolan would be the best and a perfect match for the figure:

d6dd00228bbf11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!oQE-yvNMEo2BPvORnsfSw~~60_35.JPG

Stand back folks, he watched the cartoon and read the comics!!!

Nolan is a good choice, but will any glasses fit that fat face?

Stand back folks, she watched the cartoon and read the comics!!!

Nolan is a good choice, but will any glasses fit that fat face?

Fixed for accuracy :lol, and I'm sure some DiD glasses would. Bought some for Ski's Sarge and they're way too big to fit his head. If I wasn't 100% content with the Obamalamadingdong headsculpt, I'd definitely pick up a Fatburn to replace it.

Wow I rooted the hair to specifications of the customer. the color is better in person because it is spot on color wise to scarlett.
the forhead was due to who molded this sculpt to begin with i went with facial features.
That is not a natural female hairline, though. A hairline only looks like that if some of the front is shaved. The hairline is too perfectly even from ear to crown. There is variation between the hairline of one woman to another, but it just shouldn't look that even.
https://cutezangels.stencil-workshop.com/Women Ponytail Hairstyles Pictures.html

The custom Scarlett is nice, but . . .

I still prefer mine.

She is not accurate, but she is still a jewel in my collection.

scarlett_112804.jpg

The Agent Scully head would probably work:

386_scully02-big.jpg

scarlett11front.jpg

Cool Mike Cherry Scarlett DFC.

With a slight mod to the hair to make it longer, absolutely.

I forgot how much gillian anderson looked like scarlett, yes the head sculpt would work. I hope they kept the mold. by giving her a ponytail its perfect. I only wished they did a gi joe movie during 90's i forgot i bugged hasbro to have her play scarlett in a movie.

for the guy who made comment on the hairline to figure I couldnt fix that because i didnt make sculpt. her head was so hard it bent my doll hair needle rooting her.

Back