Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was going for a 100% classic look, yeah, I'd ditch the knee pads. But I'm looking at this as what Sideshow should have done, based on their concept art. Realisticly, Firefly would probably be on his knees a lot planted explosives so knee pads make sense to me.

Sweet, Buttmunch!

I am looking for a head for mine...most likely a Cobra trooper head recast. I also want to get a "bomb" case for him. I think I found something that will work as a remote detonator. It is a handheld GPS device that monkeydepot is selling loose. Not perfect, but until something better comes along.

I may get one of the cy girls' pelican cases and cut it down to be my bomb case.

In case you guys missed it in Elvis' thread, take a look at his Awesome Firefly (and Zartan)!

Some new update, Zartan finally got his head and my custom FIrefly still not finished.

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

Here's some more of Zartan and firefly

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5180.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

Yeah, the more I see how good of a Firefly some of us can come up with in a short amount of tim (Seb's being the best of them all of course) I still can't believe Sideshow dropped the ball. That concept art just makes the whole thing that much more disapointing as they were on the right track. At least he has some awesome accessoires! :rock

Think of what they did with firefly, such an easy character to complete and think about what they will deliver with zartan and destro.

Mmm sexy destro on the pro body.

Hey buttlie if you want the officer head repainted you will have to send me the clothing. Because on mine I mutted the colors a bit.

Also i'm working on a accurate backpack for him also.
It's this element that make the figure IMO not just a stupid backpack with grenade.

SSC really missed the boat with their FF backpack, especially since they usually rock out in the accessories department.

Think of what they did with firefly, such an easy character to complete and think about what they will deliver with zartan and destro.

Mmm sexy destro on the pro body.

Hey buttlie if you want the officer head repainted you will have to send me the clothing. Because on mine I mutted the colors a bit.

That is fine with me! I'd be honored to have some of your work in my collection :rock So whatever I need to send you to help, you got it! I thought you might have changed the colors around a bit, but I did think it was the same camo set to begin with though.

I just need to find an officer head first! When I do, you'll be hearing from me :D

I still like Sideshow's a lot. Different, yes, but still just as good as any other to me.

Now that Zartan, on the other hand....

IMG_5176.jpg

:eek :eek :eek HOLY CRAP! Now THAT is Firefly! If Sideshow had made THIS I would have bought it. I need Elvis to paint mine just like that. Bravo!!!!!! :rock

I really like the way elvis got the colorsin his balaclava to match the uniform. I hope I am able to do that. I will have to check that thread to see if he mentions how to do it.

21st Century hands will need to be modified to fit the True-Type. And I figured that a face shield wasn't out of place on Firefly...except that he has no other exposive protection. I will need a gun upgrade as well. But this will do for now.
DSC06397a.jpg

Is the facemask 21st Century too?

Back