Custom figure of the year....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruff Old Bear said:
The Anakin you're thinking of was by Vancei, I bet. Don't believe Arnie has done anything from the prequel trilogy, just Han Solo.

Tom Cruise from Last Samurai, and a second TC from War of the Worlds, were the work of Feng. We just learned about him on this board with the Asia Toys Expo 2006, where both figures were exhibited. No doubt we'll be posting more about him as soon as somebody figures out how to reach him.

Figures out...that's a pun, son. Must be New Year's Eve. I hear fireworks. Where did this glass of champagne in my hand come from?

Hey, happy 2007 everyone!

:fireworks

YES, the Vancei anakin is great, here's a pic. it gets my vote.

anakin01.jpg

anakin04.jpg

carbo-fation said:
Thanks conger, that's the one I was thinking about. Looks freakin' awesome.

But the $1000 price tag doesn't appeal to me AT ALL !!

P.S. Carbo, I just saw the south park episode where the guy in your sig is from...HILARIOUS.

I've actually been most impressed with Figuremaster Les' Batman and Joker figures... not sure if either were made this year (I think the Joker was) but both are solidly kickass figures in my book!!!

39Joker004.jpg

But the reality is there are so many great people, even just on our boards, that picking the best is hard to do... all you guys are nothing short of incredible!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Remember "There is no spoon"?
Well, there is no best! How can there be? Too many awesome ones to remember!

That Anakin posted above is UNREAL!!!!!

Gruff, enjoy that Champagne!

(GB, all the Batman 1939 figures were made this year. Thanks.)

congerking said:
YES, the Vancei anakin is great, here's a pic. it gets my vote.

anakin01.jpg

anakin04.jpg

yeah, that's the one that i was supposed to buy from Vancei...er Melvin. what an ass. but actually i think it was made about Nov-Dec last year. at least that's the earliest i've found pics of it.

ok, I've finally got 10 minutes to sit down with a coffee while I wait for some resin/primer/filler things that Ive done to set

I'm going to keep this to customs I've seen from people on this board. Needless to say there are many Asian ones which would be mentioned.

These are in no particular order, and if I've missed people out, please don't take it personally, I admire everybody who do customs, regardless of how good they are. These are just some that I really admired this year (and the ones I remembered.. I have a terrible memory, so if you think I've forgotten something you've done.... i probably have) :lol

(and they may have been made before this year... I'm just going by what i saw this year) ;)

I know this is an older figure, but I don't care. This was the first figure to genuinely make my jaw drop. I could pretty much put anything that FigureMasterLes has done in this post.... but the eyes on this paintjob just kill me, especially when you take into account how small a 1/6 head is!

NOScu.jpg

This is another Les figure, and gets my vote for sheer creativity for thinking of turning a blank Art S. Buck head into this. And for making it look so good it's scary.

A3proj037.jpg

I love the colours on this Customikey repaint of a Hasbro figure. So far removed from the original paintjob. Excellent stuff.

rotsvaderrepaint6kk.jpg

The inventive use of hair from another figure and an excellent repaint gets this custom mentioned. It's jobs like this that spur me on to try and match them when I do my own. (I've already cut his hair off, which is being resculpted... then cast in silicone... if I can find paint that will stick to it) but it's jobs like mikey's that give me something to aim for. A great 're-do'

p9300010ht6.jpg

Also, special mention has to go to DarkArtist, for getting so much better, so quickly. He only started painting custom figures fairly recently, and the progress he has made is fabulous. Well done sir!

Figuremaster Les said:
(GB, all the Batman 1939 figures were made this year. Thanks.)

Well, then I submit that both figures are the figure of the year :D

Truly excellent work!

I would have nominated Les' Batman work as well but I thought they were done before 2006...

In my opinion, there are so many amazing customs out there that it is near impossible to even pick a favourite. Just so much talent out there.

twistedfreak said:
In my opinion, there are so many amazing customs out there that it is near impossible to even pick a favourite. Just so much talent out there.

i'm inclined to agree with you there

galactiboy said:
I've actually been most impressed with Figuremaster Les' Batman and Joker figures... not sure if either were made this year (I think the Joker was) but both are solidly kickass figures in my book!!!

39Joker004.jpg

But the reality is there are so many great people, even just on our boards, that picking the best is hard to do... all you guys are nothing short of incredible!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

pixletwin said:
I would have nominated Les' Batman work as well but I thought they were done before 2006...

Yeah, I nominate the Batman and Joker because of their originality. They weren't just repaints or resculpts...just really great interpretations of the characters. DC Direct should be taking notes! Coolest of the year--hands down!!!

hunky_artist said:
Also, special mention has to go to DarkArtist, for getting so much better, so quickly. He only started painting custom figures fairly recently, and the progress he has made is fabulous. Well done sir!

Thanks Hunky.... I still can't believe it's only been a year. Here's hoping that next year is even better and hopefully i can get cracking on a few full custom projects I have swimming around in my brain!

Thanks again man... it seriously means a lot to me. :rock

some astounding pieces here,gotta say im honoured to have been mentioned in this thread,dunno if posting my bits are self promotional or not but wht the hell......i wont.:lol

I've got a few I'd like to nominate. In no particular order....

OSW boardie, Skewrl's repaint of my Aragorn. He's packed up right now so I've only got this pic.

4gz126s.jpg

OSW boardie GQAK (his Terminator was posted a few pages back) made this Christian Bale Batman I own.

2d2hr36.jpg

2uek0zm.jpg

Louie of Triad Toys repaint of my Hot Toys Superman. This is a different pic but it looks just like this one.

2dt3fnl.jpg

Ebay member Jukity's (he may post here as well) Gotham by Gaslight Batman. It looks even better in person.

44r7mhk.jpg

El Papa Davis's Alex Ross with removable cowl. Again one of my favorites in my collection.

2igdci1.jpg

I knew I'd forgotten something.

Any of the Vaders made by Hurricane also get my vote. The detail he puts into them is amazing, and they look like movie stills, and not plastic toys.

Plus he's a really nice helpful fella :chew

Back