Custom figure of the year....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hunky_artist said:
Guys should we really be posting our own pieces in this thread? I didn't think it was about self promotion :nono

I'll have a look through my favourites in a day or so and post my favourite figures of the year

(and no, they won't be my own)

I have to agree with Mikey, I didn't see it as self promotion.... I was genuinely excited and wanted to share something I had just finished painting. I also had already gotten some mention of my Sith Anakin, so I decided to share.

This is not a serious contest by any means... just sharing...:peace

Thanks again Abstract and Shai... And I LOVE the Palpatine Mikey... a classic and your best work to date IMO... :rock

Come on now guys. These are very nice customs and everything, but aren't we losing sight of the real master piece here.....

Freddy The Pimp!!!
SANY0149.jpg

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0151.jpg

hunky_artist said:
Guys should we really be posting our own pieces in this thread? I didn't think it was about self promotion :nono

I'll have a look through my favourites in a day or so and post my favourite figures of the year

I hope that comment is not a reference some pages back to my posting better shots of my Alien 3 Ripley, which Shai started this thread out with. I saw that one shot of the head he used, and felt very unworthy compared to other stuff that's out there. I thought, at least "he" ought to see the rest of her before letting such a kind gesture stand on it's on. That's why I said, that the posted pics were "for Shai". It really was a direct thank you to him.
Otherwise, I understand and agree with your comment Hunky.

Hope that hasn't put anyone off me. I am very flattered to have any of my work in here, especially when compared to some of the ones Sunohc has been posting. Those are still some of the most amazing. Or, Spencer's Ming. He stands alone to me. And by the way HA, your redos of the SS Anakin and ObiWan heads are tops! They deserve recognition here also.

Anyway, thanks and on with the postings!

Figuremaster Les said:
Hope that hasn't put anyone off me. I am very flattered to have any of my work in here, especially when compared to some of the ones Sunohc has been posting. Those are still some of the most amazing. Or, Spencer's Ming. He stands alone to me. And by the way HA, your redos of the SS Anakin and ObiWan heads are tops! They deserve recognition here also.

Truer words could not be spoken! It is truly an honor to be listed amongst the great customizers already posted here... Really is...

Figuremaster Les said:
I hope that comment is not a reference some pages back to my posting better shots of my Alien 3 Ripley, which Shai started this thread out with. I saw that one shot of the head he used, and felt very unworthy compared to other stuff that's out there. I thought, at least "he" ought to see the rest of her before letting such a kind gesture stand on it's on. That's why I said, that the posted pics were "for Shai". It really was a direct thank you to him.
Otherwise, I understand and agree with your comment Hunky.

did i also forget to mention how highly respected you are among the sideshow collectors? :cool:

hunky_artist said:

Agreed. People were supposed to post pics of who they thought were the best customs, not whore it up with their own. THere is a section for that. Defeats the custom of the year theme.

EVILFACE said:
Agreed. People were supposed to post pics of who they thought were the best customs, not whore it up with their own. THere is a section for that. Defeats the custom of the year theme.

Ok.... sorry guys... deleted mine...

Moving on.... :cool:

After having had time to really think this through....
I nominate the Arnie Kim sculpted Game of Death Bruce Lee.

That is THE outstanding figure of the year to me.
Clean, simple. Innovative. Dead on.

You can't get better than that.

(It may not be a single custom...but it is small enough in produced numbers to come in under the radar in many markets, and is so amazing that I must include it here. Headsculpt anyway. Just amazing feat of toy engineering.)

Les, I think Evilface was more referring to the six pics I posted of my own work. I wanted to share the things I was the most proud of this year. My babies. So, I got in trouble with The Man. :monkey3

There some amazing customs in this thread. Please keep it up. I would like to post some pics of some customs from this past year, but I can't seem to find them. One of them was the Sith Anakin done by Arnie Kim and the Tom Cruise last Samurai.

carbo-fation said:
There some amazing customs in this thread. Please keep it up. I would like to post some pics of some customs from this past year, but I can't seem to find them. One of them was the Sith Anakin done by Arnie Kim and the Tom Cruise last Samurai.

Ask Board member,Melvin Pelayo..I heard he's a great friend of Arnie Kim..:lol :lol :lol

The Anakin you're thinking of was by Vancei, I bet. Don't believe Arnie has done anything from the prequel trilogy, just Han Solo.

Tom Cruise from Last Samurai, and a second TC from War of the Worlds, were the work of Feng. We just learned about him on this board with the Asia Toys Expo 2006, where both figures were exhibited. No doubt we'll be posting more about him as soon as somebody figures out how to reach him.

Figures out...that's a pun, son. Must be New Year's Eve. I hear fireworks. Where did this glass of champagne in my hand come from?

Hey, happy 2007 everyone!

:fireworks

Back