Custom figure of the year....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.... I've said it before and I will say it again...

Our Asian brethren beat the pants off of us, no question. Just the level of detail and insane skill make it impossible to ever reach the pinnacle they have raised the bar to. Just amazing....

It's inspiring, to say the least. One can only hope to have a fraction of that talent.

did..you see the spiderman in the previous page. that blew my socks off.
and i believe the person might not be asian lol

sunohc said:
did..you see the spiderman in the previous page. that blew my socks off.
and i believe the person might not be asian lol

:rotfl :lol :rotfl

Yeah that thing is an amazing piece of work! I really would love to know how in the Hell he pulled that off!

I know it's bragging to pick something from my own collection, but this would be my vote for repaint/resculpt/save of the year. I think that by altering the jaw, Les really started something; I don't recall anyone here doing alterations to a sculpt before this hit. These are the same old pics, but here are two views of Les' repaint of Anakin with the jaw reduced:

whee.jpg

poster1.jpg

On a strictly repaint-basis, I now have an Obi and a Luke from Les that absolutely equal Anakin. Plus some others I haven't unveiled yet. One is at right in my sig. :cool: So I can't vote for just one repaint figure, but if you want to post a popularity poll, well, everything I send to Georgia comes back so lifelike it makes coffee and reads me the morning paper...

On the complete custom figure front, and keeping to what actually came out in 2006 (Arnie's custom Bruce Lee and Indy figures are a couple of years older) my favorite is Rainman's Little Tramp. I wish I had time to do a photo shoot (ain't gonna happen until February at the earliest), because the picture below is Rainman's not mine, and my figure has what I believe are more accurate looking brown eyes that look the other direction.

In 2007 I think my favorite custom of a figure not in production will be from this board -- it's going to be one I'm putting together. :D It will have yet another portrait by Les. Stay tuned.

Mickey, if I had to choose between all of your customs...my favorite one is definitely your awesome Darth Sidious/Palpatine that you sold on ebay months ago.

That terminator is amazing....there was a customer Episode III Anakin that was on the board a while ago. I can't find it on here, but that would have my vote for best of the year.

I would also like to add LordAzrael's Medieval Kurgan. Seriously. He custom made the armor and everything. Looks awesome. I can't find any pics since Unkle Dave deleted the thread.

That Terminator gets my vote. I remember seeing it on OSW thinking that it was a Cinemaquette or something because the detail was so incredible. That thing is a work of art. Nothing that I have seen in my 12" collecting life rivals that thing. My personal pic from an American would be that Hicks paint application on the first page. It looks fantastic and very realistic. Incredible work!!!

Cheers,

Brad

Shai Hulud said:
Mickey, if I had to choose between all of your customs...my favorite one is definitely your awesome Darth Sidious/Palpatine that you sold on ebay months ago.

Thanks, Shai. That was a fun one to do. And I got to do him twice!

palptwo17mt.jpg

palptwo25pv.jpg

palptwo38xs.jpg

palptwovyoda5ye.jpg

Guys should we really be posting our own pieces in this thread? I didn't think it was about self promotion :nono

I'll have a look through my favourites in a day or so and post my favourite figures of the year

(and no, they won't be my own)

abstractharmony said:
This baby is the winner, for me anyway...

I'm speechless at the work Josh has done on this one for me.

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1537.jpg

DSCN1542.jpg

DSCN1543.jpg

DSCN1545.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

hunky_artist said:
Guys should we really be posting our own pieces in this thread? I didn't think it was about self promotion :nono

I thought about it, and I figured, why not? This is not a serious contest, I hope. I feel like sharing. It's not self-promotion. Well, I suppose it is, but that wasn't my intent.

TOE said:
I would also like to add LordAzrael's Medieval Kurgan. Seriously. He custom made the armor and everything. Looks awesome. I can't find any pics since Unkle Dave deleted the thread.
why'd he delete the thread....:confused:
i wanna seeee

Back