Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Final Painted Right Shoulder Pad

email sent yesterday too. Please check. Thanks

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Final Painted Right Shoulder Pad

Speaking of the devil, Just got your response. Thanks

I just stomped and smashed my Dredd custom in a fit of raging jelousy.
I think it's time for me to sell my kidney and get a better custom off of you.

I just stomped and smashed my Dredd custom in a fit of raging jelousy.
I think it's time for me to sell my kidney and get a better custom off of you.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Took a break from Dredd's pants to finish construction on the shoulder pads. Basically reinforcing everything (in a clean presentable way rather than temporarily like I do when I'm still messing around trying to get at the best way to do something) and doing any touch-up paint work.

Here are the final built shoulder pieces. Note that the trimming is much reduced from the earlier version. And the back is fully lined and I've mounted final back hooks for the tab that tucks into the jacket sleeves.

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders18.jpg

Vareika: Did you email my gmail - or PMed me via SSF?

Can you email me again? [email protected]

Thanks. Tin

Thanks Tin - just resent the email.

I'm just about done with his pants. After that I just need to install the knee pads and boots and he's done. Then I can focus on the Urban headsculpts.

A couple little refinements:

1) I expanded on Dredd's collar unit to include the fake jacket collar as well as part of the front chest of the jacket. When the collar unit is installed and properly tucked underneath the tactical vest; it gives a really nice tidy look to that area - which would tend to get messy because you have so many independent parts jockying for space. I'm sculpting some zipper pulls that will complete the illusion.

2) I sculpted little harness attachments for the top corners of the front of the tactical vest.

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders17.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders20.jpg

Last edited:

I also made some refinements to Dredd's shoulder pads:

1) I reduced the lining on both sides. They were too big before. Reducing the lining allows the pieces to be more conducive to posing while also being less overpowering. It changes Dredd's profile to be more like in the movie.

2) I made a new lower pad for the left shoulder. It was the right height before, but not wide enough (when seen from the side).

For the back of the tactical vest - I tapered the belt extension more. Again to help create the profile from the movie. I also raised it a tad so that the belt would have a cool angle (lower up front - higher in the back).

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders21.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders22.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders23.jpg

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders24.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders25.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders26.jpg

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders27.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders28.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders29.jpg

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders30.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders31.jpg

Thanks Elar. I approach these projects like a puzzle. The costume designer on the movie made specific decisions when he designed the suit. So in recreating it - I have to deconstruct as much as possible that process. It's cool because once you think enough about it - it all starts to fit into a somewhat linear logic. Like how they decided to make the fake belt loops and the fake jacket collar. I experienced the same thing when making the Kane and the THX1138 officer. And the benefit is that my figure ends up looking that much more authentic.

If I'm going to bracket out time to work on something - why not do it right. No matter how long it takes. It's not a race.

The shoulder pads move with the body much more naturally with the refinements. And body proportions also look more natural.

custom_dredd_figure_shoulders32.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_shoulders33.jpg

Damn, he really need his pants and headsculpt!=D Because that really interfere with perfection of your figure! And I understand that you want know background of something, what you making and trust me, we really see that in your job and that is reason, why it is so amazing!;)

Back