Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Final Badge

Some more shots of Dredd with his shiny badge.

custom_dredd_figure_badge6.jpg

Hey guys. If you have any inquiries - email me instead of PMing me. My inbox is just about full and I don't have time to clean it up right now. Thanks. [email protected]

The collar unit that I sculpted wasn't working out with the helmet. The bottom edge of the helmet kept scraping up against the top of the hard collar.

So I decided to make a flexible collar for Dredd. I originally was going to make a cast in rubber, but the collar is too prominent a piece and it looked too obviously rubber.

So I ended up making pretty much an actual upholstered collar. The core is foam. With thin leather upholstery. The bottom half of the collar was made from elastic material to give it that ribbing texture. The end result looks really authentic and is much lighter and of course flexible.

Turns out - it transformed Dredd's profile to look much more accurate to the movie suit.

custom_dredd_collar4.jpg

Last edited:

Here are some pics of Dredd with the new collar.

custom_dredd_collar5.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Flexible Collar Unit.

The new collar creates that cool circular framing around Dredd's helmet like in the movie:

custom_dredd_collar8.jpg

Last edited:

CRAZY!
youre basically re doing the real suit in 1/6
Awesome!

This is just amazing. My hat's off to you, tinister.

Phenomenal work! Really outstanding stuff.

incredible....

CRAZY!
youre basically re doing the real suit in 1/6
Awesome!
Hey olbertfrog! Thanks! :1-1:

WOW, just WOW
Thanks big guy! :wave

This is just amazing. My hat's off to you, tinister.
Thanks Force28x! :wave

Phenomenal work! Really outstanding stuff.
Thanks Jack D! :wave

incredible....
Thanks again pcleemake! :1-1:

I'm pretty glad I made the switch to the new collar design. Dredd looks much more accurate with it. I also figured out that the costume designers made the collar with a fake jacket collar built into it. So when Urban puts on the large collar unit - the jacket collar can be seen perfectly positioned along with the collar unit - when in reality the actual jacket collar is hidden underneath the collar unit. This kept the jacket collar from constantly having to be readjusted as Urban is running around and turning his head. I will build that into my collar unit today as well.

Last edited:

The new collar creates that cool circular framing around Dredd's helmet like in the movie:

custom_dredd_collar8.jpg

That is pure insanity! Wow, over the top custom work, this is incredible.

:)Thanks senbi575!

How could you have any other Dredd figure standing next to that, tinister you just blow other Dredds away buddy.

How could you have any other Dredd figure standing next to that, tinister you just blow other Dredds away buddy.

Thanks monkeybat! :hi5: I sent pics of the helmet to this guy who is building 1:1 prop replicas of the entire Dredd suit and he gave me a pointer; in the movie - the helmets had padding in the inside at the top back to force the helmet sit high on the head and tilt forward. Sort of like how construction worker hard hats sit.They didn't do this with all the judges in the movie, but for Dredd only so that he looked different and meaner. I tried it with my Dredd and it does make him look both meaner and more like the movie.

I'll post some pics maybe later. Thanks for looking. :wave

Last edited:

I've ben following this thread for a bit, and I love your attention to detail. You're knocking this one out of the park my friend. Job well done. Take plenty of pics of this when you're finished.

I've ben following this thread for a bit, and I love your attention to detail. You're knocking this one out of the park my friend. Job well done. Take plenty of pics of this when you're finished.

Thanks Punishment1218! :wave Will do!

IMPORTANT! If you guys recently PMed me or have been conversing with me via PM - can you do me a HUGE favor and shoot me an email recapping what you inquired about?

My SSF inbox is full every other day and the UI isn't exactly the best for managing messages.

My gmail: [email protected]

Thanks. Tin

Back