• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom Display Shelves: New Ordering Instructions in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Figure Display Shelves: TAKING NEW ORDERS

Here's your black IM3 Triple with a drawer, EXOTICLEX. I'll get a pic of your custom MOS Triple soon. PM me with your poster choices on these when you get a chance.

Oh hell yes. That's badass right there. I may need another just like it for my Avengers. Hulk fits nicely. Tks Adam.

Oh hell yes. That's badass right there. I may need another just like it for my Avengers. Hulk fits nicely. Tks Adam.

Awesome! Glad you like it, E. :rock

that is one heck of a shelf there! :thud: always fun seeing what you come up with man :rock

Thanks! I'm looking forward to making those PF shelves for Supes.

Nice. I've been shopping for a shelf or setting that will house "the avengers" all grouped side by side in basic poses. Any other options? Looking for the brownish gold color, drawer and maybe an overarching half moon shaped board along the back, such that hulks head is in the middle yet easily has boarding behind him. Then has the back board becomes smaller in size towards the figure stage, we set
the taller people next to hulk and shortest ones on the end like widow and hawk. Few posters in back. Maybe 1 6x9 and 2 smaller ones to give it visual that aligns with the dynamics of all the height patterns these avenger guys have. And then possibly with poles sticking into the stand for posing them without the stand itself. Something like that sound feasible enough? Would be an amazing drag-n-drop setting for any avenger collector. I want to display them all together in some jaw dropping scenario that works and isn't too crazy but am stuck

I'd love to somehow drop an led strip from the bottom up somewhere. Wired.

Way cool stuff. We should talk business. You have a product there that can deliver big time. Congrats.

I drew plans up for an Avengers shelf very similar to what you described. I had Hulk flanked by two 6x9 posters and tiered down to a 4x6 poster on each end of the shelf though. I wish I could find a source for those waist grabbers that HT uses. I'd offer them with my shelves.

The shelf EXOTICLEX had me build has a huge shelf. It would hold all the Avenger goodies with out a problem.

Glad to see there's plans for an Avengers shelf in the Coco workshop! :clap

How wide do you imagine a shelf would be that could hold all 8 Avengers figures? (Thor, Cap, Hulk, IM, Hawkeye, BW, Fury, Couslon)

Glad to see there's plans for an Avengers shelf in the Coco workshop! :clap

How wide do you imagine a shelf would be that could hold all 8 Avengers figures? (Thor, Cap, Hulk, IM, Hawkeye, BW, Fury, Couslon)

I think around 34" to 36" should hold them all if placed properly. Maybe wider if you're going for some dramatic poses.

Scratch that width. More like 40'' to 46'' to fit all eight. I've got seven crammed on Lex's 34" shelf. No way could I fit Coulson.

I was going to say, "How in the world would you make 34-36" work?" :lol

I'd def plan on posing these a little bit so I'm guessing closer to 60" if Hulk is going to raise his arms at all :dunno

Yeah, and anything other than a static pose on too many of them and I agree, 60'' wide. Definitely will be room for all the gear in that drawer.

It's fantastic you've added drawers to these. No more losing little bits and pieces :hi5:

It's fantastic you've added drawers to these. No more losing little bits and pieces :hi5:

I always liked the idea of keeping all the bits right there with the figures.

Nice. Since we're close to perfection here and I gotta believe many on this board will go for this ( sign me up already), what do we do to push those posters up a few inches so as to not distract away from the figures AND allow the viewer to see the posters? Maybe the back board can be higher? Just a thought. I noticed in my own house that having posters right behind figures takes away from the figure and the poster thus defeating the purpose. Does that make sense?

Yes, definitely. Because of the width I'll be making it a three tiered backer so the posters will get pushed up a little higher. I'm like you, I like to see as much of the poster as possible.

Shelves delayed from today to next week, argh ups, I can't wait!

Lukewm, here's your shelf with that adaptor that allows for horizontal poster mounting. It comes right off if you want to switch back to a vertical poster.

WITH ADAPTOR

WITHOUT ADAPTOR

Shelves delayed from today to next week, argh ups, I can't wait!

Bummer! Expectation makes the heart grow fonder. :lecture :D

That's perfect amigo! Very much appreciate the extra effort. Class act all the way. This is going to look amazing in my growing collection.

Back