Custom Dark Knight figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot guys... I just poured myself into this last night, had the vest, shirt and shoes ready for the custom already... though they aren't dyed yet. I just really had to get the emotion out somehow and painting this was very good therapy for my soul.

RIP Heath. :duff

What an excellent tribute to an actor who-- in my opinion-- nailed the character of Joker.

RIP, Heath. We'll miss you more when we see you on the big screen. :monkey2

DSCN3932.jpg

You do alot of cool custom work Josh but this is by far my favorite. Your best work IMHO. Captured the look and feel of Ledger's Joker perfectly.

:rock

Thank you. Ledger's Joker, at least from what I have seen so far, is the Joker I have always envisioned myself. So it was a pleasure to paint it, even though it was through grief.

DSCN3931.jpg

Wow Josh. You completely nailed it! :rock The hair in particular looks fantastic. That headsculpt is a great likeness of him too.

I've just hit a dead end on mine because I just can't seem to find a vest, jacket, and pants. Not sure whether is death is going to make me want to complete it or just forget it.

DA, you did a great tribute job. This figure looks amazing. I'm sure Heath would be honored that you turned your sadness into something positive and encouraging. Great job man, the figure is a true work of art.

brilliant work as usual dark artist , such a loss as we all know and you have the complete likeness her , amazing stuff bud , keep it it up :cool:.

Last night the tragic death of Heath Ledger struck me hard. I was in a dark mood all night, dealing with the loss of an up and coming actor whom I deeply respected. When I sat down to paint last night, I really couldn't even force myself to lift my brush.

I saw a slew of heads before me and just didn't feel it happening. And then I saw my own Ledger Joker head, already attached to a body, staring back at me. I knew what had to be done. In tribute to Heath, I was determined to finish the paint up and honor him with something positive in this dark time....

So here it is... My tribute to Heath...Dark Knight Joker. (the clothes are temporary, just place holders for now.)

DSCN3939.jpg

wow! i believe thats the best custome youve created!:bow cant wait to see what it looks like with the proper attire

Great job, DA. I can see how this helped ease the shock of his death. I wish I could take my mind off it. Anyways, you really nailed it with this one! :cool:

Thanks a million everyone... It was something I just had to do. And having done one custom Joker, it couldn't be too hard...

But I was just having a rough time with the whole Heath situation. I'm still reeling, he really was a good actor and a cool guy. Really sucks that this happened in the first place. Makes this figure more bittersweet to me...

Josh, this is not only an awesome custom it is a truly touching tribute. As trite and corny as it sounds, when I look at the pics I can literally feel the energy it took from within you to create this. Just incredible.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Been a while since I worked on my Custom Joker. Today I went to a different craft store and found GREEN doll hair. It isn't a sold green, more of brown hair dyed green, which is perfect. I ripped off the old curley hair I had before and added this more straight hair. It looks better, but now he kinda looks like an '80's rocker :lol

dsc00030hx3.jpg

Still really need a vest and pants to have at least the jail cell look.

Back