Custom Dark Knight figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

That's really close, it's Elijah Wood.

Really the problem is that the hair parameters in the program have an option for multi-strand hairs (like what I want to have) but they don't have an option to change how many hairs are multi-strand so all of the hair will be stringy and some places shouldn't be like that, like around the ears and stuff, so I'll have to do some stuff to change it around. With luck I could get this done before I have to go back to school and it'll actually look good.

Oh Ok, I see Elijah now. The nose seems a bit big though and I think that is why I thought Faramir (but beardless).

Hair still looks great though and I would be thrilled if I could get my Joker's hair to look like that.

Oh Ok, I see Elijah now. The nose seems a bit big though and I think that is why I thought Faramir (but beardless).

Hair still looks great though and I would be thrilled if I could get my Joker's hair to look like that.

I can't remember what pictures I used to make that head, I used a program called Facegen to make the head from some pictures but since the nose is so big I don't think I used a profile image to get the correct nose shape. My computer's in limbo so I haven't been able to reinstall the program and generate a Heath Ledger head so I'll have to do that soon so I can move on.

Fan-freaking-tastic Josh! You blow mine out of the water. But that was a given since you are a master by now and I'm just starting.

The added hair looks great. It keeps a majority of Eddie's already existing hair, but adds just a bit of craziness to it. The lower teeth look great as well. Can't wait to see it finished. Are you going with more of a Ledger outfit on this, or classical, or a mix of both like the sculpt and make-up/skin?

I know what you mean about my hair, that stuff just has a mind of its own. I put more gel on that stuff than I use in a week and it is still out of control. At least the make-up has been fairly cooperative, and the gloves were a piece of cake to paint even for me.

I just find it amazing how different the three known Joker customs from this figure are! Poor Eddie is probably rolling over in his grave :lol

The thing I love about yours is the use of real greasepaint for the makeup, that is an awesome idea and you did me proud there. Hair is tough, even for me and others. It's like sculpting fire or water, and it is never easy to accomplish. I know you will find a way to make it work bro, and I can't wait to see the results.

As for mine, the clothes will probably be mostly the same as my other Joker figure will be.

Thanks Josh, coming from you that means a lot. Now I just need to start finding some clothes or people might start to think it is a Wor-Gar custom :lol

Last edited:

Thanks Josh, coming from you that means a lot. Now I just need to start finding some clothes or people might start to think it is a Wor-Gar custom :lol

Haha. Let me know what you do for clothes, bm. I'm looking for some myself.

Hey Buttmunch , your "Ledger" Joker looks great! Have you considered using "white" (P.V.A ) glue on the hair? If you dilute it with water , you can wet down the hair and it could be sculpted to the shape you need . It would then set hard in the required style .

Hey Buttmunch , your "Ledger" Joker looks great! Have you considered using "white" (P.V.A ) glue on the hair? If you dilute it with water , you can wet down the hair and it could be sculpted to the shape you need . It would then set hard in the required style .

Thanks, I'll give that a try later today. The hair is really the only thing I'm not satisfied with yet.

Here is my in work Ledger Joker lookalike head. It's pretty close really, should be nice when it's done. I just have to resculpt the back right side as it broke off when I pulled it out of the oven. I also have to clean it up a bit here and there where my meager sculpting skills left burrs and such...

DSCN3854.jpg

DSCN3853.jpg

DSCN3851.jpg

Thanks man! Tomorrow I should be able to repair the back right side and start the painting process... so expect news soon. :rock

ONLY snag now is finding a decent coat for him. That is a very particular style of coat, only way to do it would probably be to hand make one.

Looking good so far Josh, but the key ingredient is missing, that stellar paint job you'll give him will take this head from humming to full blown singing.

I think the joker custom will be a prestigious one because of his clothes.. all CUSTOM made.. trailored to fit him.. very nice josh.

Thanks man! Tomorrow I should be able to repair the back right side and start the painting process... so expect news soon. :rock

ONLY snag now is finding a decent coat for him. That is a very particular style of coat, only way to do it would probably be to hand make one.

The hair sculpt is wonderful (minus the back right side, as you said). You got the receding hair line and everything. Awesome!! :D

Really looking good Josh. Very nice job with the hair. I wish I was able to do the hair as well. Hair is a lot harder than it looks. Can't wait to see it painted.

I know what you mean about the coat. At least getting a Jail scene version of the Joker shouldn't be impossible to do. I was able to find a blue shirt (from CSM actually) that will do. Vests aren't that common though, either are striped pants. But that coat, like you said, will be next to impossible to find.

Darn Joker and his custom clothing. Even needs custom clothing on a custom. :lol

Josh I'm a huge fan of your work and take this in that vein....the nose is all wrong on that Ledger custom. Too pointy and something about the cheeks are off a little too narrowed....

Wow! Didn't know the Dark Lord could start a thread for me. :lol Probably better this way since we were getting the movie thread a bit off track.

Well my blue CSM shirt came today. So now he has his shirt and tie, as well as some ungloved hands. If I can just get a vest and striped pants, I'll at least have the prison and cop car outfits done.

Josh I'm a huge fan of your work and take this in that vein....the nose is all wrong on that Ledger custom. Too pointy and something about the cheeks are off a little too narrowed....

You are right there... The sculpt I picked was the CLOSEST I could find short of just commissioning someone to sculpt it for me. The head I got had the basic shape, just short hair.... a thinner and longer nose and slightly skinnier cheeks.

But that having been said... when I DO repaint this baby... it's going to look fantastic. And at least a bit closer to what we might have when HT or someone else does it.

Back