Custom Dark Knight figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking creepy so far DA! Can't wait to see what it looks like finished and painted. Is that a mini glass eye in there?

What I was thinking (for a non-Dark Knight, yet realistic Two-Face) would be to take a head, and carve out the left side and put a 1:6 skull in there. Then lightly cover it up. So the scaring would be very severe, practically no skin left. Then either the left eye is blind or just burned away completely.

Looking creepy so far DA! Can't wait to see what it looks like finished and painted. Is that a mini glass eye in there?

What I was thinking (for a non-Dark Knight, yet realistic Two-Face) would be to take a head, and carve out the left side and put a 1:6 skull in there. Then lightly cover it up. So the scaring would be very severe, practically no skin left. Then either the left eye is blind or just burned away completely.

It can be done that way too... The only thing that hurts it, is that a skull with hardly any meat on it won't move very much. So realistically, it goes against it. But the missing eyeball does make more sense. Realistically speaking. :lol

I DO however really want to see what you do with that one. I know it can be cool as Hell. :rock

It can be done that way too... The only thing that hurts it, is that a skull with hardly any meat on it won't move very much. So realistically, it goes against it. But the missing eyeball does make more sense. Realistically speaking. :lol

I DO however really want to see what you do with that one. I know it can be cool as Hell. :rock

If I can find a skull I'll do it. I was thinking about using the standard Endor Rebel head. I've got an extra figure of him I am using for a school stop motion project this semester, but once I'm done with that, he will probably end up as the better half of two face.

Maybe I'll make a removable eyeball just to have it both ways :D

I don't understand what you mean that "a skull with hardly any meat on it won't move very much." :confused: I'm guessing you mean that side of the face would be paralyzed because there probably isn't any nerves or anything left?

If I can find a skull I'll do it. I was thinking about using the standard Endor Rebel head. I've got an extra figure of him I am using for a school stop motion project this semester, but once I'm done with that, he will probably end up as the better half of two face.

Maybe I'll make a removable eyeball just to have it both ways :D

I don't understand what you mean that "a skull with hardly any meat on it won't move very much." :confused: I'm guessing you mean that side of the face would be paralyzed because there probably isn't any nerves or anything left?

Yes, I mean that if the burn was deep enough to burn all the way too the skull, there would be no muscle, tendons or nerves able to move it, and Two face would have lockjaw all the time.

I faced that same predicament when I sculpted mine, was careful to leave enough meat on the bone. :lol

And the eyeball gave me the same Hell, that was until I looked up acid burn victim pics and saw a good shot of an eyeball. So I know it could survive the acid. Don't know much about how much vision he would have. But he could keep the eye.

Another snag was Hair. I never did like that in the comics and cartoon, they had his hair all grey and crazy on his burned side. I mean, if the acid burned through the skin, the hair follicles would go bye bye as well. They would probably go first. Anyone who has ever been burned knows that all too well.

But, I tend to overthink things. :monkey2

Yes, I mean that if the burn was deep enough to burn all the way too the skull, there would be no muscle, tendons or nerves able to move it, and Two face would have lockjaw all the time.

I faced that same predicament when I sculpted mine, was careful to leave enough meat on the bone. :lol

And the eyeball gave me the same Hell, that was until I looked up acid burn victim pics and saw a good shot of an eyeball. So I know it could survive the acid. Don't know much about how much vision he would have. But he could keep the eye.

Another snag was Hair. I never did like that in the comics and cartoon, they had his hair all grey and crazy on his burned side. I mean, if the acid burned through the skin, the hair follicles would go bye bye as well. They would probably go first. Anyone who has ever been burned knows that all too well.

But, I tend to overthink things. :monkey2

I completely see what you are saying. Now I'm really looking forward to see what they do in the Dark Knight since it will be fairly realistic. I'd love to see the left eye blind and foggy. I would think that maybe the hair would fade away into the burn. Not a clear cut line like a sculpture would have to be, but gradually go from full head of hair to baldness. But yeah, realistically he won't have hair around the burned area.

I just realized that Dave put this in the General Forum and not the custom section :lol And he created this thread from the bits and pieces from the Dark Knight thread.

Yeah, I wonder why Dave put it here? :lol

Anyhoo, yeah.. I agree on the hair too. I know when I paint mine, I will have the hair creeping into the burn, and the burn line itself will not be so crisp a line. It will creep a bit into the other side. I might even have a few straggling grey hairs painted into the neat side, where a few follicles survived the burn and he just combed them over into the Harvey side. :lol

I can't wait to cast it and paint it already. :D

Yeah, I wonder why Dave put it here? :lol

Anyhoo, yeah.. I agree on the hair too. I know when I paint mine, I will have the hair creeping into the burn, and the burn line itself will not be so crisp a line. It will creep a bit into the other side. I might even have a few straggling grey hairs painted into the neat side, where a few follicles survived the burn and he just combed them over into the Harvey side. :lol

I can't wait to cast it and paint it already. :D

Got any updated pics?

Got any updated pics?

DSCN4091.jpg

DSCN4093.jpg

DSCN4094.jpg

DSCN4095.jpg

DSCN4096.jpg

DSCN4097.jpg

Back