Custom Dark Knight figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I DO repaint this baby... it's going to look fantastic. And at least a bit closer to what we might have when HT or someone else does it.

Its reading stuff like this that makes me such a fan of Josh's work....its that no nonsense full of confidence in his talent manner of speaking that makes me know that it'll be a great endpiece. Can't wait to see it!

Its reading stuff like this that makes me such a fan of Josh's work....its that no nonsense full of confidence in his talent manner of speaking that makes me know that it'll be a great endpiece. Can't wait to see it!

:lol:rotfl:lol Thanks man, it's really funny... I think I sound more confident online than in person.... :D

Tonight I finished the hair sculpt and worked on another project while it cured... should have some preliminary in progress paint shots tomorrow... :rock

Tonight I actually finished my other Joker custom, a vision of what the Joker would look like if envisioned by myself. I will be tackling other Batman Rogues and eventually Batman himself with my own take on each of the characters.

So here he is, My Joker. Only unfinished area would be that I have a vest coming for him and will do something more with the hands too....

DSCN3870.jpg

DSCN3869.jpg

DSCN3867.jpg

DSCN3866.jpg

DSCN3865.jpg

DSCN3864.jpg

DSCN3862.jpg

DSCN3861.jpg

DSCN3860.jpg

get gloves!! knowing the joker, the clown prince of crime, the gangster jester he needs gloves!! no criminals want to be caugh red handed!! paint them purple or white..

Freaking fantastic Josh. Love the work around the eyes - it really looks a lot like the make-up in the close up of the Joker in my avatar.

It really does look like a Jack and Heath hybrid. I too need a vest, but also pants and jacket. I think I may just end up with something like yours and not 100% screen accurate.

Funny, I was thinking about tackling other Bat villians too :lol Two-Face and Scarecrow stood out to me, and not just because they are in the Nolan series. Scarecrow can really be sick and twisted, and Two-Face's face could really look nasty. Can't wait to see what you plan on doing.

Thanks a bunch guys! Yeah, it all came from a conversation I had with Les. He said that the trailer for The Dark Knight was funny to him because when he saw the Joker he immediately thought that it looked like something I would design. :lol

And I felt so inspired by his Batman 1939 set that I wanted to do something similar but with a Dark Artist twist. So I started brainstorming ideas for different characters and my own versions of them. I started with the Joker because it was so close to what Nolan gave us in the film. It wasn't too hard to think of some way to be unique with the clothes but still pay some homage to the comics. :rock

Just know that the planned characters will be pretty sweet when I am finished. :D

Josh's new pics inspired me to open up my new Camera I got for X-Mas and so my progress so far. Once again it is night here and the lighting sucks, so you will unfortunately have to deal with the horrid flash.

The first is base on a pic of the Joker and Miss Dawes

dsc00001nu3.jpg

The second is the jail scene in the trailer

dsc00002xv4.jpg

Still have a lot of work to do, but it is slowly happening. It looks better in person. The flash isn't helping it. I'll have to get some day shots someday.

Thanks man. Well the shirt is CSM's, but the tie is from the Invisable Man. The nice think about the make-up is that it isn't permament so I can change the look from neat to messy.

One thing I noticed today, is Obi-Wan's beard stroking hand make a great hand for Two-Face. Just sick a coin in there and it would look like he is about ready to flip it! I plan on using it when (if :eek: ) I get around to making a Two-Face.

Any idea how hard it would be to cut two headsculpts in half and glue them together? I know the features matching up would be the hardest part.

Would he damn near impossible to cut two heads in half and still have them work. Best thing to do would be to get a sculpt that you like for the character and either carve out the side of the head and carve and resculpt the one side.

I plan on doing the second option, and for the clothes I will hand stitch two suits together and paint... :rock

Would he damn near impossible to cut two heads in half and still have them work. Best thing to do would be to get a sculpt that you like for the character and either carve out the side of the head and carve and resculpt the one side.

I plan on doing the second option, and for the clothes I will hand stitch two suits together and paint... :rock

I figured as much. I think the Mutant Leader from the PotA line would make a good scarred side face, but obviously scupting a good side would be harder than a good side being turned into a scarred side. Any idea where to get a 1:6 skull? Maybe carve out the bad side, stick the skull in the hole, and put some flesh around it? Would be a very nasty burn!

The clothes would be easy too, but I'm a fan of the Black and White suit, so that would pose a bit of a problem, but any other mixed-matched suits would work. The coin could be problematic as well.

I was thinking Giles would make a good base for Scarcrow.

Last night the tragic death of Heath Ledger struck me hard. I was in a dark mood all night, dealing with the loss of an up and coming actor whom I deeply respected. When I sat down to paint last night, I really couldn't even force myself to lift my brush.

I saw a slew of heads before me and just didn't feel it happening. And then I saw my own Ledger Joker head, already attached to a body, staring back at me. I knew what had to be done. In tribute to Heath, I was determined to finish the paint up and honor him with something positive in this dark time....

So here it is... My tribute to Heath...Dark Knight Joker. (the clothes are temporary, just place holders for now.)

DSCN3941.jpg

DSCN3939.jpg

DSCN3937.jpg

DSCN3936.jpg

DSCN3933.jpg

DSCN3938.jpg

DSCN3932.jpg

DSCN3930.jpg

DSCN3929.jpg

Last night the tragic death of Heath Ledger struck me hard. I was in a dark mood all night, dealing with the loss of an up and coming actor whom I deeply respected. When I sat down to paint last night, I really couldn't even force myself to lift my brush.

I saw a slew of heads before me and just didn't feel it happening. And then I saw my own Ledger Joker head, already attached to a body, staring back at me. I knew what had to be done. In tribute to Heath, I was determined to finish the paint up and honor him with something positive in this dark time....

So here it is... My tribute to Heath...Dark Knight Joker. (the clothes are temporary, just place holders for now.)

DSCN3941.jpg

DSCN3939.jpg

DSCN3937.jpg

DSCN3936.jpg

DSCN3933.jpg

DSCN3938.jpg

DSCN3932.jpg

DSCN3930.jpg

DSCN3929.jpg

:bow..............

Back