Custom Cabinet(s) Time : )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Cabinet Time : )

They do look cool, that’s the main reason I inquired. I think I’ll probably go with something that’s flat, strip type lights. I recessed the bottoms of the shelves for that very reason, but should I need some extra spots I will get some of those.

With both styles, I've cut a strip at a 45º to point at the subject better. Again, like foot lights or over head lights on a stage.

The pivot of the spots wouldn't quite angle how I wanted if mounted flat.

be6a2c0869c0ea0f7ff50d765ded82b5.jpg

3b6e85e5acd204650c1dfa8f178be9fe.jpg

ac5c1b43bc85307ef6e4d489d79fdb9f.jpg

Looks nice. Not understanding the lighting though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. Nice craftsmanship. How do you plan to do the glass fronts? By the way, it’ll be more expensive, but make sure to use real glass — not acrylic or plexiglass (they leach gasses that will destroy your collection over time). Research Museum grade glass; if you have a Michael’s near you, you should be able to get Tru Vue glass (though they don’t call it that) from them — they get it in bulk, so it’s a lot cheaper than going to a custom cabinet maker.

Custom Cabinet Time : )

Looking good. Nice craftsmanship. How do you plan to do the glass fronts? By the way, it’ll be more expensive, but make sure to use real glass — not acrylic or plexiglass (they leach gasses that will destroy your collection over time). Research Museum grade glass; if you have a Michael’s near you, you should be able to get Tru Vue glass (though they don’t call it that) from them — they get it in bulk, so it’s a lot cheaper than going to a custom cabinet maker.

Cool tips thanks. Yes was going w glass. Saw this vid on YT (pic) and love the design, just 9ft tall :lol

04b090c57de6dcc39ad4ab3c451f32d3.jpg

Sectioned to 3 panes per door (like cab)

Custom Cabinet Time : )

My highly sophisticated work area :lol

086ddc8c05926a876783edecaa81369c.jpg

Threw some statues in to see how it’s looking:

7f50eedde2e0bd30d7dd55b5eceef36a.jpg

Wife took last pm, so you can tell the scale :)

dd0a0ff681b40ed4d5a930e2af3fefc3.jpg

Skipped ahead to facing today so I could get the glass ordered for the doors:

31f8e8657a28d552d6a9b2072a71f46d.jpg

ccfdd473cb4b0c3e6ac11399f354c38e.jpg

It photographs as a much more distinct circle than in person.

Ahh I see. Yeah, I built one a year ago out of all 2x6 and drywall with mini can lightning.

It was god damn big.

I used the prefab method. Built each piece independently and then installed each structure it in steps. Was a lot easier.

1) base

2) pillars

3) top

4 boxes shelves

Back