Custom 1/6 The Bat-Bunker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 The Bat-Bunker Diorama [finished] & NEW: The Bat-Computer [WIP]

Thanks man! I also have the Bat-Bunker on a Lack coffeetable. :hi5: Actually I started building it to have something suitable lighted to put the Tumbler in. If you need something like this, lmk. :lol You can read some more about the monitoring desk here btw:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?142514

Have compared many printing services in advance but for the prototype parts shapeways seemed the best choice. Following the link you can see some more parts of even higher surface quality. 3DS is a great program! Didn't make these 3D models all on on my own btw, I determined all accurate 1/6 specs and made drawings and from that a friend of mine (who is much better in digital 3D modelling then I :)) made 3D models for printing.

Last edited:

I have already seen that thread. To be honest before DKR I would have been all in. Unfortunatly that mobie destroyed the whole Nolanverse for me. Really missed Joker in it. Somehow... Die Luft ist einfach raus. :(

Think I understand what you mean. Watched it in the first cinema preview I could find, of course pretty excited but with mixed feelings from what I heard about it before but once it began I simply wanted to give it a fair neutral chance. I really enjoyed watching it but it didn't bring me to the same level of excitement and beeing in the movie as TDK did, but I must say chances were close to impossible, or completely impossible to top TDK imo or even to be on the same level.

Yes, the Joker was missing but I'm not sure if it would have made anything better in TDKR, not even sure if it would have been planned if Heath Ledger didn't unfortunately pass away.

Anyway, TDK simply is my favorite movie of this genre and I don't think this will ever change, hence my interest in building this iconic centerpiece of it.

Btw, if TDKR really destroys the line for you all I can recommend is to ignore it, take BB and TDK as the movies you like. That's what I did it with some other movie lines. :lol :hi5:

Everyone is different. I liked BB when i saw it, was a bit *meh* with TDK, but *loved* TDKR. I far prefer the scoring of it too.
I can watch TDKR again and again, but need to be in the mood for the other two.
Horses for courses.

That's true! I must also add that TDKR got better for me after watching it again some times at home and I actually didn't expect that. BB is actually the movie I watch the least of all but I still like it (would also like to see more collectibles from it made) still like TDK over the two but all together it's a solid trilogy with different parts and logical development in them.

Hey fellas, just got this in so I found I had to make these pictures for you!
This is pretty much right out of the box into my custom Bat-Bunker environment, hope you like them:

[you can click on each image for higher resolutions
or you can voe them all here, too: https://fan-customs.jimdo.com/about-me/my-collection/2-35-1-photographies/]

My impression of the set in a few words: Detail work, quality and the mass of accessories are really impressive. Kind of a sensory overload to find three figure in one box but of course pretty cool! Don't see much of an improvement on Bruce's headsculpt towards the DX12 but hey, it's a repaint so I didn't expect any miracles. The improved P.E.R.S. cowl makes a difference like night and day though. :rock The clothing on Bruce and Alfred is even better than expected, very fine stitching, just some details aren't that nice, like Alfred's collar which is kinda fuzzy, but that's nothing that can't be solved.

The armory is incredibly well done, all accessories fit in their places well and it makes a sturdy impression. Owning the unlicensed TL armory I can say it really wasn't bad for the time in between but HT's version isn't only superior in terms of details but even more in terms of the technical design, didn't expect they would implement magnets inside the doors and the remote really is a very cool and useful feature in hand.

In a word, get it while you can, it's an expensive set but very valuable for what you get and I wouldn't be surprised if these skyrocket in a while!

To the few fellow freaks here currently waiting for me to finish their 1/6 Bat-Bunker environments, hope this doesn't make the anticipation even harder, but you know it's almost there. :hi5:

That is some amazing work. I would love to try my hand at some 3D modeling someday myself. But need to really take some time and learn. That said, everything I see, all the work including the 3D modeling is amazing. From the build to the paint job, just looks Fantastic. And the Armory pics are nice as well. Sets off all the hard work in a great way. Love It!

Brian, are you still working on the semi & trailer display?

Btw, when I find a host site, I'll upload some pics on the custom shelf display we're currently putting together in the entertainment room. It's looking pretty good.

Hey friend,

curious to see your display! :rock

Yeah, still working on it but it's more the concept I worked on step by step over the last months since the move didn't leave much time and I first of all have to finish commissions. :wink1: But I'm happy I found an a little more affordable way to make the bigger things like the street lamps and other important pieces as soon as it gets so far.

image.png

Can't wait to actually start building the Joker's semi & trailer!!

All progress will be posted here: HOME - Fan Customs - Figure Collecting and Customs

Last edited:

Those streetlights look spot on. Are you making the lamps with a 3D printer or by other methods?

Thanks, there's still a lot of detail work to be done, specially in the upper areas but once finished I plan to get a 3D-print of the half model, make molds and cast them with to halfs for each streetlight. The transparent lighted parts will be made separately.
The original street lamps are really giant so also in 1/6 this'll be quite material intensive.

Exellentttttttt

Re: Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker Diorama With Lighted Ceiling

It's Bat-Bunker weekend!! Finally got some time again and two times waiting for a glue that needs about 48h to dry is over. :impatient:

Here's one more photo I made in between:

005ily.jpg

This weekend I'll mount the complete lighting surface and just from testing:

IT BLEW ME AWAY!! :yess:

l'll post some more photos this weekend and after that the next big steps will be finishing all the other surfaces.

Happy to hear what you think so far.

Found this pic!Whats the inner wall made from[emoji47]

Finally it's there!

This is the exact 1/6 recreation of the iconic 'Hit Me!' - scenery as seen in The Dark Knight where Batman on his Bat-pod almost hits The Joker.
It's a part (the upper surface) of the two 1/6 Bat-Bunker commissions I recently finished for two befriended collectors.

Will show you many more pictures here next week, so stay tuned. : )

Last edited:
Re: Custom 1/6 The Bat-Bunker Diorama [finished]

This weekend: :wink1:

Will be posting the first picture set of the two modular Bat-Bunker dioramas I recently finished with many new display variations.

Back