Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the July code

Sort of tempted by the Stan Lee figure with free shipping. It's kind of a cool figure but I'm wondering if it'll be one that gets discounted down the line.

Anybody think we'll get the July code tomorrow and that's why they have all this free shipping going on today? I'm conflicted cause I want to flex a figure and possibly get this free shipping BUT I also want 20 bucks off.

I've been taking a mini break I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure in months and I only have a couple pre-orders left. So definitely proud of myself.

Good stuff man. Being picky and choosy is the best thing with the hobby. When collecting becomes a burden a break is important. It helped me a whole bunch a few years back. I've pretty much traded off 1/10 for 1/6. I've reached a point of getting an occasional 1/6 fig than tons of 7" ones. Been a good choice for the better I think.

Good stuff man. Being picky and choosy is the best thing with the hobby. When collecting becomes a burden a break is important. It helped me a whole bunch a few years back. I've pretty much traded off 1/10 for 1/6. I've reached a point of getting an occasional 1/6 fig than tons of 7" ones. Been a good choice for the better I think.
Very true.

Anybody think we'll get the July code tomorrow and that's why they have all this free shipping going on today? I'm conflicted cause I want to flex a figure and possibly get this free shipping BUT I also want 20 bucks off.

Shipping is usually less than $20 for me (~$19). So not being able to use a code basically means paying extra even if there's free shipping.

Although you get $1 extra worth of rewards with free shipping so I guess it's a wash. :lol

Shipping is usually less than $20 for me (~$19). So not being able to use a code basically means paying extra even if there's free shipping.

Although you get $1 extra worth of rewards with free shipping so I guess it's a wash. :lol

Free shipping is only a good deal if you have reward points. That way you get to use them and save the money on shipping. Can't use a coupon code with reward points. I wish they would reconsider that for certain promo's... It's like having a store credit and not being able to use it towards sales merchandise..

Free shipping is only a good deal if you have reward points.

So you're saying that if you don't have reward points it's better to pay for shipping? When is paying ever better than not paying?

Can't use a coupon code with reward points. It's like having a store credit and not being able to use it towards sales merchandise..

Wait, what? It's nothing of the sort. Neither reward points nor coupon/discount codes are anything remotely similar to store credit.

You can use actual store credit (aka a balance you've received in lieu of cash refund or a gift card someone has bought) along with any sale or promotional deal/code. And you can use rewards points (which are not credit at all) with sales, just not combined with discount codes.

One thing is guaranteed. Even if Sideshow were giving figures away for free, with free shipping, we'd still see complaints in here.

Free shipping is only a good deal if you have reward points. That way you get to use them and save the money on shipping. Can't use a coupon code with reward points. I wish they would reconsider that for certain promo's... It's like having a store credit and not being able to use it towards sales merchandise..

Vs a coupon I agree, it's best when you are planning on using rewards. Free shipping then becomes the perfect time to use them, but it still seems like this free shipping deal is on the typically discounted items (ie, i got the Jakku trooper a few weeks ago for 15% and double rewards and now it's just free shipping, so 20$ more than what I paid). It seems rare that a coveted figure gets free shipping--last one i remember was Obi-Wan around Xmas time.

I have just about enough rewards for one figure. I think I'll put it toward Yoda or old man Han when those are in stock as I'm not sure what the deal is with the NRD when you use rewards.

So you're saying that if you don't have reward points it's better to pay for shipping? When is paying ever better than not paying?

Wait, what? It's nothing of the sort. Neither reward points nor coupon/discount codes are anything remotely similar to store credit.

You can use actual store credit (aka a balance you've received in lieu of cash refund or a gift card someone has bought) along with any sale or promotional deal/code. And you can use rewards points (which are not credit at all) with sales, just not combined with discount codes.

One thing is guaranteed. Even if Sideshow were giving figures away for free, with free shipping, we'd still see complaints in here.

?? I'm not complaining. As far as free shipping, it's kinda the same as using a $20 monthly code. There's no monthly code right now, so what I meant is you can't take advantage of free shipping with any additional discount (the usual $20 monthly code that this thread is the focus of) unless you had some reward points saved up. Sorry if what I was implying was hard to understand. Of course saving money is always good, but it's nice to feel like you get a little extra. And sorry I guess I used a bad analogy with the store credit thing. I just meant that every now and again, maybe they would allow us to use both a coupon code and reward points at the same time. Like a customer appreciation week or something. They thank us for our patronage for being loyal customers who buy directly from them by giving us reward points, but then don't let us use them when they offer special coupon codes for certain products like they are currently emailing out during their comic con promos. Is this a better explanation? It would just be a nice thank you to their loyal customers... Don't know why there was a slight bit of hostility in your response. I guess somehow I offended your way of thinking. Hope this clears up my meaning... :dunno

Vs a coupon I agree, it's best when you are planning on using rewards. Free shipping then becomes the perfect time to use them, but it still seems like this free shipping deal is on the typically discounted items (ie, i got the Jakku trooper a few weeks ago for 15% and double rewards and now it's just free shipping, so 20$ more than what I paid). It seems rare that a coveted figure gets free shipping--last one i remember was Obi-Wan around Xmas time.

I have just about enough rewards for one figure. I think I'll put it toward Yoda or old man Han when those are in stock as I'm not sure what the deal is with the NRD when you use rewards.

I remember people posting some odd things about using rewards for a full figure when there is an NRD, like still being charged. You can't use reward points for shipping, so when I bought HT Vader I only used $270 in rewards, so that way I paid the $30 NRD up front so no confusion, then just had to pay the $10 shipping.

I remember people posting some odd things about using rewards for a full figure when there is an NRD, like still being charged. You can't use reward points for shipping, so when I bought HT Vader I only used $270 in rewards, so that way I paid the $30 NRD up front so no confusion, then just had to pay the $10 shipping.

Yeah, that's what i remember too. So I guess I would do the same thing you did to be safe, but I'd still really like the figure to be free (aside from shipping) so I'll see if I can be patient enough to wait for an in-stock figure.

Does Sideshow use periscope anymore after Facebook Live? I need to clear some apps on my phone... :lol

I wouldn't mind ordering the Battle Front Stormtrooper with a code but July is always such an expensive month with all the SDCC purchases. I just looked at my credit card pending statements and should not have...

I paid for Vader fully with rewards and was charged the NRD. That covered shipping (almost).

Yeah, this is the first time I've had to wait for a figure to become coupon eligible after it's already been released (Alien Warrior).

I talked with customer support over my phasma and they have told me there will be no july code and she is unsure if they will continue monthly codes.

Back