Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the July code

Yeah, I had hoped for good sales but the rewards weren't a bad trade off. I only had to pay about $100 cash for AoU Thor so that was great. With all the figures coming out I'd love to be able to do that again. I've seen people complain about Sideshow, but no other company gives you free money like that.
I agree; Sideshow isn't as bad as people make them out to be. They're still my go to option. I think my only gripe from them at the moment is their shipping. $20 to ship a barebones figure, in the brown shipper? Give me a break. I pay less than that from Popcultcha in Australia, get it in the same time or less, and of those two, guess who has never sent me something damaged or crushed? For $20 we should get packout status by default.

I agree; Sideshow isn't as bad as people make them out to be. They're still my go to option. I think my only gripe from them at the moment is their shipping. $20 to ship a barebones figure, in the brown shipper? Give me a break. I pay less than that from Popcultcha in Australia, get it in the same time or less, and of those two, guess who has never sent me something damaged or crushed? For $20 we should get packout status by default.

I just shipped out a 66 Robin from Boston to Chicago and it cost me $23 via USPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But for a company the size of Sideshow who pretty much does all their business through the Internet and ships out products consistently you would think they could get a better rate. It's a lot different than someone going to ship an item here and there.

But for a company the size of Sideshow who pretty much does all their business through the Internet and ships out products consistently you would think they could get a better rate. It's a lot different than someone going to ship an item here and there.

They get amazing rates I'm sure. They don't want to pass super attractive rates to customers and it makes perfect sense as they have to make sure not to out-compete their retailers at every corner.

I just shipped out a 66 Robin from Boston to Chicago and it cost me $23 via USPS

Interesting, but it is USPS and their rates jump quick. Curiously, what shipping speed did you pick and did you box the shipper as well? Not to ask out of sounding like an ass, in genuinely interested. I know the times I've sold Funko pops, by shipping jumps from $6 something to $12 if I exceed some margins.

Agreed.
$20? Pfffsh.

Average international shipping has gone from $40 to $70+.
I'm not sure where you're located, but if you were shipping within your country, how would that change those rates?

Priority and regular were the same. $20 for shipping and $3 and change for insurance.
Yea I double box everything but I stay under the up charge size

They get amazing rates I'm sure. They don't want to pass super attractive rates to customers and it makes perfect sense as they have to make sure not to out-compete their retailers at every corner.

Well it works for me. I don't buy from SS unless it is an exclusive I really want. I usually get figures cheaper elsewhere(plus I'm in CA and have to pay state tax).

Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the July code

I've actually started buying more figures directly from Sideshow. I find local pricing to be all over the place, and even after shipping and VAT it's pretty much even money. R2-Q5 was actually about $8 cheaper than buying locally (after a $20 code, but everyone uses those :)) Did some other comparisons, Kylo Ren 1/6 for instance would cost about $6 more from Sideshow($14 cheaper if I use a code) but I would get $11.25 in reward points.

Add to that the fact that they now ship from HK to Sweden instead of HK-USA-Sweden. And that I don't have to wait 2-3 months after US for my local dealer to get it in stock and that is enough for me to buy directly from SS.

While we're waiting for the July code, anybody got any of those 25 dollar codes they're not using? :wave

Shipping rates can vary wildly via USPS when shipping to bordering states compared to cross-country. Sideshow uses UPS for all of the packages they send me at least. I just shipped a 66 Batman from Ohio to California for $18 by UPS Ground and that was double boxed. I get the most basic online discount so I know Sideshow has a much better rate with them. I think where it starts to add up are the rural delivery area surcharges, signature requirements, and insurance costs. Those can easily double the cost of shipping via UPS, though I'm sure Sideshow also gets a discount on those services. No way it costs them $18-20 for shipping a single Hot Toys figure when all they do is slap a label on the box.

Last edited:

Their like ebayers, slapping a high shipping cost squeezes a couple more dollars out of everyone...it all adds up. It's Greed.

As an ebayer its not all about greed, on the sellers end anyway. eBay charges fee after fee then you have PayPal fees, you have to mark up where you can just to break even. Ive lost plenty of $ charging fair amounts to the buyers after getting raked by ebay.

Their like ebayers, slapping a high shipping cost squeezes a couple more dollars out of everyone...it all adds up. It's Greed.

It just depends. Sometimes shipping cost more than just what you see on the label. Most can't send things direct from their homes. They have to take it places that ship. Then they have to pay for shipping materials. Also, you may get free shipping from some, but chances are they just added the shipping cost to the price of the item.

If anyone is greedy, it's eBay.

I'm liking their recent offers. Don't know if you guys are getting similar?
£1 final valuation fee, regardless of selling price, the other week.

It just depends. Sometimes shipping cost more than just what you see on the label. Most can't send things direct from their homes. They have to take it places that ship. Then they have to pay for shipping materials. Also, you may get free shipping from some, but chances are they just added the shipping cost to the price of the item.

If anyone is greedy, it's eBay.

Those overseas call centers aren't as cheap as they used to be!

Damn, wish there was a code to use with today's free shipping items.

Not sure if you could use it. Fine print said no codes, coupons or rewards.

Back