Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

I'm sure they would see A LOT more orders with a lower price. The general response I'm seeing for both this and Punisher is "Damn $240?"

I know I'm waiting for a deal on both.
there's a lot of waiting now. I haven't PO'd something from SS in while. Just order when it's already instock unless there's an exclusive I really want.
$30 for me...missed one of the $10 one's :slap
same here. but some is better than none

The fact that Sideshow is still in business leads one to assume your experiences are in the minority Sallah. I personally think they are too high as well, but as long as they are still turning profits, they will not change their ways. In fact, it is better for a company to turn larger profits on less items than a small profit off of a lot of items. Think of the logistics in this way. Would you rather sell one item to one customer and make a million dollars or sell to a million customers and make a million dollars? Sideshow has already made a name for itself, which unfortunately means they do not need to bend because of a little negative opinion

guys, how come there are not secret links on the spooktacular website? I remember them doing that before. either last year or year before.
that was always fun trying to find the secret links.

That's not ADD. Could be that you just don't care enough to read the whole thing.

I wrote some of those long-winded posts and I don't even care enough to read them.

Sallah

But we blame Sideshow, not you. You should be too busy collecting reward points to have time for long-winded posts. :wink1:

guys, how come there are not secret links on the spooktacular website? I remember them doing that before. either last year or year before.
that was always fun trying to find the secret links.
Those days are gone. We're in a Social wasteland now.

Did the sales for today change yet? I'm still seeing Gypsy/Electro/Armory on the slider.

The fact that Sideshow is still in business leads one to assume your experiences are in the minority Sallah. I personally think they are too high as well, but as long as they are still turning profits, they will not change their ways. In fact, it is better for a company to turn larger profits on less items than a small profit off of a lot of items. Think of the logistics in this way. Would you rather sell one item to one customer and make a million dollars or sell to a million customers and make a million dollars? Sideshow has already made a name for itself, which unfortunately means they do not need to bend because of a little negative opinion

I don't think he's totally wrong. I got burned out on Hot Toys with the quick price increases and have moved on from them and like he said, there are plenty of people selling large collections on here. It seems like for most customers there is a shelf life of a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if they decided to skip giving out a code last night because of all the complainers

Your argument is an old one I've seen made so many time before in some many industries. The basic assumption being made to allow you narrative to be true is that Sideshow in this case doesn't know what they're doing - and that's simply not the case, whether you believe it or not.

I agree Sideshow "Knows" what they're doing. But it's the bean counters and finance guys making the decisions based on longevity and long term revenues in a market who's bubble is slowly about to burst soon. They're not looking at practicality and what there "fans/customers" wants or needs are. Big mistake. I've worked for several companies who "knew" what they were doing too.... They're all out of business now. The problem is Sideshow has it's hands in many cookie jars.. They are distributors as well as manufacturers.. But at this rate they may be pricing themselves out of the 1/6 manufacturing game. But they can just fall back on all the other merchandise they sell and the fact they are the sole Hot Toys distributor in the US. Plenty of money to be had from just that. Shareholders come 1st, consumer comes 2nd...

I forego the headache or the stress of giveaways because I really don't care for any of the stuff they give away:lol Most of them aren't statues anyway. But these codes for free reward points are great! I've missed a couple but I'm just content getting the ones I get...I think I have gotten 4/6 and I haven't lost ANY sleep:lol

Oh, I'm not saying my experiences are the majority. I am sure they are not... But is it number that keeps growing as prices move higher and higher? I think so.

Sallah

There may have been no codes but last night was worth it for the gif bombs.

I think after that Ash reveal i think it going up for preorder on the 31st is a safe bet.

here is the question. what if they dropt their prices by $100 bucks on the statues. Yes their profit per piece drops but the question is how many more pieces would sell at the lower price? I personally buy because I love the piece, it has nothing to do with the edition size.. so they drop the price by 100 bucks but they sell 1,000 more pieces. how much do you guys really think it costs SS to manufacture a piece? I bet the markup is like donuts. huge.

I think after that Ash reveal i think it going up for preorder on the 31st is a safe bet.
Does sideshow do preorders on the weekend? I think he goes up tomorrow. Also...where is beetlejuice?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

it better! (tommorrow perhaps?) it's the only reason I even care about this SPOOK event!

Does sideshow do preorders on the weekend? I think he goes up tomorrow. Also...where is beetlejuice?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
I don't actually know. It just seems like the perfect date with it being Halloween and the show starting that night. All i know is i want it haha.

Back