Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

What is sad is that Sideshow really should be the lower-priced alternative to Hot Toys... Not the higher-priced alternative. I am sorry, but their quality just isn't quite at HT level. And on a release like Maul with minimal accessories? Yeah, they are showing up to a gun fight with a rusty knife.

Now if Sideshow were to have priced this Maul at say $170? That would be a fantastic option for those not willing to spend the $220+ price for the superior HT product.

Sallah

Agreed,

I believe we are at a turning point where Sideshow is slowly losing the higher grounds and other companies like Prime1 , Chronicles collectibles , PCS , XM Studios and Iron studios are creeping in

Thanks for the code. Now I have $35 in RP. I have 3 figures worth of RP that should clear in a month or less. So hopefully I'll have a nice discount for the Episode VII Tie Pilot, Kylo Ren, or Luke Skywalker. Not sure who's going to get the discount. I have Luke and Tie Pilot on preorder. There's no NRD on Tie Pilot. So canceling him won't make me lose any money. I'm still undecided if I'm going to keep the Tie Pilot preorder or cancel it and stick with OT figures though.

Sorry, but that just isn't correct.

Ahhh.. Your personal experience and that of your friend's don't negate reality. Consider yourselves among a group of others that will do the same, but which have long ago been factored into the strategy we've been seeing unfold over the past couple of years.

Your argument is an old one I've seen made so many time before in some many industries. The basic assumption being made to allow you narrative to be true is that Sideshow in this case doesn't know what they're doing - and that's simply not the case, whether you believe it or not.

I'm not trying to argue with you, and I'm not saying I like the price of this figure, let alone the pricing direction of others. But the reality of the situation and the entire market is a world removed from the narrow view you're expressing.

Now if you'd like to let Sideshow know they're pricing their figures too high, you should write them a letter telling them why you're not buying and how you make your purchasing decisions.

Anybody else freak out when they see the 100 after they enter in a code and think it's for $100?

What is sad is that Sideshow really should be the lower-priced alternative to Hot Toys... Not the higher-priced alternative. I am sorry, but their quality just isn't quite at HT level. And on a release like Maul with minimal accessories? Yeah, they are showing up to a gun fight with a rusty knife.

Now if Sideshow were to have priced this Maul at say $170? That would be a fantastic option for those not willing to spend the $220+ price for the superior HT product.

Sallah

:exactly: Sideshow is playing a dangerous game... They are not producing 1/6 The Force Awakens figures and are banking on the older more mature fan to be willing to pay these prices for the prequel figures.. I haven't had much interest in anything from The Force Awakens yet until I see the movie. If the movie turns out great, I definately wouldn't choose to buy Maul for $240 over Kylo Ren for $225 who comes with a lighted Saber from the superior manufacturer Hot Toys.. I have the original $60 Maul with the droid set too. I'd rather go for a new Kylo and pick up Maul's loose head if reasonable if I love the new movie. I'm sure many long time collectors would do the same... WAY too much stuff coming...

Thanks for the code!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody liked my "Cookie" joke :(

Ahhh.. Your personal experience and that of your friend's don't negate reality. Consider yourselves among a group of others that will do the same, but which have long ago been factored into the strategy we've been seeing unfold over the past couple of years.

Your argument is an old one I've seen made so many time before in some many industries. The basic assumption being made to allow you narrative to be true is that Sideshow in this case doesn't know what they're doing - and that's simply not the case, whether you believe it or not.

I'm not trying to argue with you, and I'm not saying I like the price of this figure, let alone the pricing direction of others. But the reality of the situation and the entire market is a world removed from the narrow view you're expressing.

Now if you'd like to let Sideshow know they're pricing their figures too high, you should write them a letter telling them why you're not buying and how you make your purchasing decisions.

Why should my personal experience NOT be a response? You made the blanket statement that consumers have no will power and will keep buying regardless of price... I stated that wasn't so. Which it isn't. I then proved it with 2 experiences that I know as fact... but I know that there are MANY others out there that quit for that very same reason. Again- This is why there is the price elasticity that you posted as the very reason for this high price tag. To account for things like that.

And yeah, I know it isn't their first rodeo... But eventually, companies do fold when they run out of customers to support them. It has happened to many companies much larger than Sideshow. Not saying that SS is in danger currently of going under. It seems they are currently doing just fine even with a dwindling consumer base. The problem with elasticity though is that it only stretches so far before it breaks.... And who knows how long those diehards will stick around before the pricing breaks them.

Sallah

I just realized I have ADD. I start reading long messages, and about two lines in I give up. lol!

I just realized I have ADD. I start reading long messages, and about two lines in I give up. lol!

That's not ADD. Could be that you just don't care enough to read the whole thing.

same thing happened to me. so I opened up google chrome and it worked on there. give it a try.

Yes if a code says it has already been added, try clearing your cookies for the SSC site. You should be logged out after the removal of the cookies, then log back in, and apply code. Always check your balance to verify it has gone up by 100 points...

hqdefault.jpg

That's not ADD. Could be that you just don't care enough to read the whole thing.

I wrote some of those long-winded posts and I don't even care enough to read them.

Sallah

Ash 1/6 fig tease on twitter

Back