Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

awesome gif usage!

cef6f34b498c40deca732366bee3ced9.jpg

I have the first maul so I don't need this one.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

So I am thinking they are holding all discounts until Friday/Saturday, and probably no deeper discounts as we go.

the 15% off Bat Signal and 10% off War Machine for example may be the deepest discount we see for those figures
I think they had a lot of issues with people who bought figures last year on the 26/27th at X% off complaining that 2 days later it was discounted even more, they don't want to deal with that customer service nightmare again.

No they won't. Like I said, this isn't Sideshow's first rodeo. Consumers are predictable and have already shown to have no will power when it comes to these products - at least enough of them that Sideshow is able to calculate the right starting price. Secondly, these products are very much licensed exclusively - there's no competition between Sideshow and Hot Toys despite some fans wanting there to be.

Sorry, but that just isn't correct. There are MANY buyers that quit when things get too pricey or quality slips. How do I know? I am one of them. I used to collect a lot of Sideshow stuff. Quit when the prices kept raising and quality didn't jump with it. Shifted to Hot Toys. I have a friend who went completely cold turkey on all Sideshow 1/6 and 1/4. Reason? Pricing. People actually having a will power to quit when things get too pricey/ quality slips/ shifting interest is EXACTLY what this price elasticity accounts for. The amount of customers willing to buy a product drops for whatever reason (price, quality, etc).... Prices have to raise to account for the lower numbers.

And while there is no direct competition between the 2 companies themselves... It is a shared market. And consumers only have so much money to spend. Given the choice between a SS Maul now or a chance at the eventual HT version, at most likely comparable prices I will wait and put those funds toward Hot Toys given both companies track records and product quality.

Sallah

Thanks once again for the code! Much appreciated.

Thanks.
I would have been pissed if I missed this.
I was up most of the night last night, ended up going to the gym
At 3 am and was constantly checking my iPhone.
Surprised there were no codes at all last night.

Lol, keep telling myself this is stupid...but still, can't help it.

Thanks for the code!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but that just isn't correct. There are MANY buyers that quit when things get too pricey or quality slips. How do I know? I am one of them. I used to collect a lot of Sideshow stuff. Quit when the prices kept raising and quality didn't jump with it. Shifted to Hot Toys. I have a friend who went completely cold turkey on all Sideshow 1/6 and 1/4. Reason? Pricing. People actually having a will power to quit when things get too pricey/ quality slips/ shifting interest is EXACTLY what this price elasticity accounts for. The amount of customers willing to keep spending that amount drops.... Prices have to raise to account for the lower numbers.

And while there is no direct competition between the 2 companies themselves... It is a shared market. And consumers only have so much money to spend. Given the choice between a SS Maul now or a chance at the eventual HT version, at most likely comparable prices I will wait and put those funds toward Hot Toys given both companies track records and product quality.

Sallah

Usually what happens at some point is that the bigger producer gets greedy and every other companies follow
until a newcomer rise at lower costs and steals the market or people simply stop buying . Resulting in a deflation in prices until the wheel turns again.

I'd have to agree with Sallah, as a collector on a set budget I have to be very picky with the figures I choose to buy and unfortunately this won't be one.

Usually what happens at some point is that the bigger producer gets greedy and every other companies follow
until a newcomer rise at lower costs and steals the market or people simply stop buying . Resulting in a deflation in prices until the wheel turns again.

What is sad is that Sideshow really should be the lower-priced alternative to Hot Toys... Not the higher-priced alternative. I am sorry, but their quality just isn't quite at HT level. And on a release like Maul with minimal accessories? Yeah, they are showing up to a gun fight with a rusty knife.

Now if Sideshow were to have priced this Maul at say $170? That would be a fantastic option for those not willing to spend the $220+ price for the superior HT product.

Sallah

I'm sure they would see A LOT more orders with a lower price. The general response I'm seeing for both this and Punisher is "Damn $240?"

I know I'm waiting for a deal on both.

Back