Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Z92HH5Q

$5 code from SS email.

Freak email sent.

giphy.gif

Got the code and the new Darth Maul looks great but man that price and lack of accessories.

That's 4 days in a row with a newsletter code between 9-10am PST.

Ahhhh points ... feels good to finally get another hit. I might have a problem.

Got 3 codes so far... That is another $15 off Hot Toys Boba.

Keep 'em coming!

Sallah

Eventually, that "X" amount of customers they are banking on willing to pay $240 for this bare-bones Maul will wise up and just wait for a superior version from a different company.

No they won't. Like I said, this isn't Sideshow's first rodeo. Consumers are predictable and have already shown to have no will power when it comes to these products - at least enough of them that Sideshow is able to calculate the right starting price. (remember that they also know where Hot Toys will be pricing everything over the next 1 to 2 years, which we don't). Secondly, these products are very much licensed exclusively - there's no competition between Sideshow and Hot Toys despite some fans wanting there to be.

Lastly, "worth" is a subjective construct and irrelevant when talking about products that have BOM costs in the tens of dollars, yet are sold in the hundreds.

I'd never buy a Maul figure at any price, but I won't fault Sideshow for extracting the maximum profit they believe they can given the reality of their market.

c61c9c9e1b11e66a2594dbddd8bf81c2.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Wow just saw the mail. Another overpriced SW figure with minimal accessories. Not up to HT quality but charging more than HT price. Disturbing trend.

I think there are different levels of dignity. I think dressing up and having fun is more dignified than sitting around and bemoaning those that do. At least we're enjoying ourselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Well said.

No they won't. Like I said, this isn't Sideshow's first rodeo. Consumers are predictable and have already shown to have no will power when it comes to these products - at least enough of them that Sideshow is able to calculate the right starting price. (remember that they also know where Hot Toys will be pricing everything over the next 1 to 2 years, which we don't). Secondly, these products are very much licensed exclusively - there's no competition between Sideshow and Hot Toys despite some fans wanting there to be.
HT has even said they won't be doing PT figures anytime soon. As much as I would like them to do their own Maul, Yoda and Sidious it'll be a while.

Spooktacular Reward Points Codes:

YC9Q13 - $10 (SS Email) 10-26
HJ3T69 - $10 (Facebook) 10-26
HRX7H4 - $5 (SS Email) 10-27
L4Rx9J - $5 (Facebook) 10-27
TGG3W8 - $5 (SS Email)10-28
Z92HH5Q - $5 (SS Email) 10-29

Back