Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, if there are no more monthly $20 codes and they continue with the $2/2 minute codes, then I'll cash in my RPs and start getting the figures elsewhere.

Sideshow still has benefit of monthly payments, don't think BBTS has that right? (Sorry guys. Just got into hobby, in learning mode)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious how that works out for statues that cost $600+ vs the Hot Toys that are about half that. May only get $30 RP vs $40+ shipping though.

I haven't ordered any $600+ items yet. The three PFs that I bought shipping costed $$25.42, $27.99, $26.98. The rp earned from those orders were 500, 500 and 430. The closest was the 500 rp earned for the order that costed $25.42 to ship.

Sideshow still has benefit of monthly payments, don't think BBTS has that right? (Sorry guys. Just got into hobby, in learning mode)

Correct but BBTS does not usually require a NRD when placing an order and now they offer $4 flat rate shipping.

For me in CA (also adding in the pack out fee to make it apples to apples with BBTS):

SS = retail + CA sales tax + ~$20 shipping + $10 packout
BBTS= retail + $4 shipping

Even with a $20 code and the 5% in rewards points, it still doesn't cover all of my sales tax + the packout fee.

BBTS simply makes more sense across the board for me UNLESS it's a SS exclusive.

Correct but BBTS does not usually require a NRD when placing an order and now they offer $4 flat rate shipping.

I've noticed many of the larger/more expensive statues at BBTS have NRD now. Even Hot Toys Gladiator Hulk.

Well if that's true and my package shows up Monday without one, BBTS just got their first order from me. I was holding out for a $20 code to order Yondu so I could offset whatever overpriced shipping SS was going to charge but without it I'll be ahead ordering it at BBTS.

I ordered mine from BBTS for that reason.

My last figure from Sideshow arrived with an expired code on the box. I asked them if I could have one that worked for a figure I was planning to buy with it. They said no, so BBTS is getting that purchase. I agree with many here: without the $20 code there's little advantage to go with Sideshow. Plus, my last order I paid the extra $10 for the pack-out and it was lazily packed with just a little bit of brown paper stuck into one side of the box only. BBTS packs very thoroughly with thick bubble wrap and cardboard for $4 vs. almost $30 from Sideshow. And even though I've had good experience with Sideshow's customer service (for the most part), BBTS is much quicker to respond and the turn-around for parts or replacements much quicker also.

I've shifted all my non exclusive stuff to BBTS and alter ego . I used to not care over a few dollars but with shipping being $18 for a hot toy to ship 60 miles away it's not worth it. Getting hit with tax and shipping (not including a packouf) , and BBTS having $4 flat rate shipped sealed the deal for me recently . Popcultcha has been clutch too for SS exclusives

For me in CA (also adding in the pack out fee to make it apples to apples with BBTS):

SS = retail + CA sales tax + ~$20 shipping + $10 packout
BBTS= retail + $4 shipping

Even with a $20 code and the 5% in rewards points, it still doesn't cover all of my sales tax + the packout fee.

BBTS simply makes more sense across the board for me UNLESS it's a SS exclusive.

Make sure to check out Alter Ego as well. They have a reward program too.

@NinWire also posted the link at 6:28 and looks like their account puts out less "other" tweets throughout the day to be distracted by.

pennywisessc.jpg

I'll also throw in another store that has 1/6 Figures - Toy Dojo. They have mostly done Transformers/3rd party and other major items, but have gotten into 1/6 within the last 18 months. Not as large a selection as other places, but the big name figures, they do stock.

No deposits required, and any order over $150 is shipped for FREE! I've known/done business with Ed, the owner for about 5 years now and his Customer service is second to none. They ship out of Texas and I usually get my order within 2-3 days after shipping in New Hampshire.

https://www.toydojo.com/1-6-scale-figures/?sort=newest

Darn! The ONE Saturday I'm up at 5 am Central, SS doesn't release a code! [emoji19]

Back