Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In defense of JediJones, it wasnt long ago I noticed this thread was nothing but gimme gimme a code. Ive been around since 2014 and this year was out of control. No banter, no conversations, no joking etc, just everyone was looking for a handout.
Maybe it finally got to him.

I never was quite sure what's appropriate here in this thread. Seems like it a thread where we post about codes, yet sometimes it seems like it a thread for complaining or chatting. I try not to post unless it's code related. I haven't beem posting any codes in the thread recently. I just look for people asking for codes and pm them to see if they still want one and if not, on to the next.

I take it you've given up on people posting RP codes in your "non-banter" thread? Because if you haven't, then... this isn't the way to get people on your side.

It should be. Everyone should try to want to get spam out of the thread. This is a totally separate issue from the free rewards points codes. And this is nothing new, a couple weeks I also chimed in to agree with many people saying that the thread becomes a waste of time when it's filled with totally unnecessary, superfluous asking for codes. It's the equivalent of "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" Nobody is ever going to throw a code away because they assumed nobody wanted it. They will bring them here when they have them. So trying to push yourself to the front of the list by wasting everybody else's time is selfish and rude.

In defense of JediJones, it wasnt long ago I noticed this thread was nothing but gimme gimme a code. Ive been around since 2014 and this year was out of control. No banter, no conversations, no joking etc, just everyone was looking for a handout.
Maybe it finally got to him.

Exactamundo, my friend. Nothing's gotten to me at all. This is simply an obvious rule to make a better thread that should be accepted and agreed upon by everyone. One "ask" inspires others as people are afraid the code will go to the first person, causing them to post their "me too" and make the thread quickly spiral into a spam-o-rama. Nobody should ever want to open the thread to read a new post and find out that it says "can anyone give me a code?" I've needed codes and gotten them from other members several times and am never going to post a useless message like that from this point on. I would be ashamed and embarrassed to waste people's time like that. Offering a trade for a code is fine because that is offering to contribute something. Spamming the thread with asks is by definition not contributing anything. And it isn't going to get one person to contribute a code that they weren't already going to contribute.

The problem is this thread was created when it was one code for a month usable by a million accounts.
Now they're individually numbered with a one time use.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If I have multiples, I post some and pm those who ask with the rest. If I only have one, I usually pm those who ask bc I feel they will use it rather than park it in their account.

The problem is this thread was created when it was one code for a month usable by a million accounts.
Now they're individually numbered with a one time use.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ahhh the good ole days.

:lol

I've gone both ways. PM'd folks I know who asked and just posted when I had a code. The fewer rules this thread has the better.

:monkey3

I've PMed people who asked for a code, and also posted here to let people know I have a code to give out. It doesn't bother me that members ask for codes, but I can see how it would be too much if people constantly asked for a code everyday or more than once a day.

By asking though at least people know you're looking for a code, and someone might PM you.

It does get annoying when I come in here and see multiple posts in a row asking for a code. But it's also annoying when people post a code in here and it's taken by someone who happens to be online at the right time AND doesn't thank the poster.

Asking seems like the best way to get a code in the hands of someone who is ready to purchase at that moment as opposed to someone who doesn't have a purchase in mind but adds it to their account anyway "just in case."

Are those still going out? I don't think I've gotten an email in weeks.

There's not much point when the codes expire so quickly. I can probably put a couple of hours into the system to make it better, but I don't have the time for that right now. I have a few cool/ingenious ideas, but I'm also not keen on getting into a cat-and-mouse with Sideshow. It's plainly clear why they went to a 2-5 minute expiration on codes and super-low values.

There's not much point when the codes expire so quickly. I can probably put a couple of hours into the system to make it better, but I don't have the time for that right now. I have a few cool/ingenious ideas, but I'm also not keen on getting into a cat-and-mouse with Sideshow. It's plainly clear why they went to a 2-5 minute expiration on codes and super-low values.

Add to the fact that many people have their phones set to fetch their emails every 15 or 30 minutes. They want people watching those SS Live things. They're literally paying people to watch.

If these codes fully replace the 20.00 codes then they will have lost business from me. I don't even attempt these 2.00 codes with work and all. The 20.00 codes cover the shipping and the reward points make it worth it but without the 20.00, BBTS makes more sense overall when the figure is not an exclusive.

Back