Crazy Owners Historical Series @ COF-011 宫本武藏 Miyamoto Musashi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Crazy Owners Historical Series @ COF-011 宫本武藏 Miyamoto Musashi

ah, sorry for the confusion - the head does come off the neck of the body quite easily, but i was planning on using the TTL body seen here:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-6-TTL-12-F...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cae942f8c

the head sculpt has a bit of a neck sculpted on it. i think to use the body above i'd have to cut that part off. a switch to a standard HT TT would be very simple in fact, but i kinda like the jointless look of the TTL.

Gotcha! The TTL body looks nice, esp since it's similar to the HT and half the price.

I can't wait to get my figure in and then do the body swap. Post pictures if you decide to go with the TTL.:)

Gotcha! The TTL body looks nice, esp since it's similar to the HT and half the price.

I can't wait to get my figure in and then do the body swap. Post pictures if you decide to go with the TTL.:)

will do :)

The sculpt and paint looking nothing like the prototype.

forgot to mention, the TTL neck can look a little skinny for certain figures. it's certainly not as thick as the HT goemon bod. something to bear in mind...

The sculpt and paint looking nothing like the prototype.

you're right - the sculpt looks like it's been elongated vertically, and a lot of the detail is gone.

I'm not exactly $75 impressed with how this turned out. Inclusion of the oar is awesome though.

Where did you order from eighthsamurai?

Hmmm.... Having second thoughts... Still, if I can grab this a little cheaper at some point I will.... There's a need for Samurai in my collection.

Am as well too, think I'll cancel.

It looks like it would be a good foundation for a custom, but I don't want to do that kind of work for that kind of money. Cheaper later is definitely a possibility.

i got mine at store-rooms. seriously, it's not the figure it should have been - so cancelling might be an option. the only really good thing is the outfit and weapons, but these aren't worth the $70 on their own. the sculpt has lost detail and is way too skinny, but a decent repaint and it'll look good i think. body is ____. so all that extra work is gonna cost a fair bit. certainly not a $70 figure when all's said and done.

Still has a lot of potential though. When all is said and done, it could be a mean figure. Wish I wasn't so goddamned poor or I'd already be on it.

i'd advise maybe looking for the clothing on ebay if you can. maybe the sculpt if it's cheap. the swords can be found all over the place, and you could pick it up later. body too. but the only thing you really need is the outfit, so grab it if you can! pay for the rest when you have za fo*#ing monny lebowski.

Those Toki-meki swords are wonderful. I had the good fortune of getting the second best sword in that collection (IMO) in Japan. They are a very, very strong metal, unlike the CO swords. Infact, it would take a while to actually break them; much like those nice Meister swords too.

Im looking for this figure.. anyone have one for sale or point me to a store that has it available.

Back